Santiniketan Medical College is one of the best private medical colleges in West Bengal. It was established in 2021, Santiniketan Medical College is located in Bolpur and reflects the vibrant energy of the area. The college is recognized by the National Medical Commission and affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
Here, we have mentioned Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur like Admission Process, Courses, Fees, Ranking, Contact details and all information about this college.
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (F.A.Q.)
Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur
The institution offers courses in medical specialities at the undergraduate level. The course is permitted by the National Medical Commission (previously Medical Council of India) and affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata. The annual Intake is 150 students for MBBS Course.
Before we complete the college review, let us significant at the major details of the Santiniketan Medical College, Bolpur, West Bengal Medical College.
|Name of Institute||Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur, West Bengal|
|Popular Name||SMC Bolpur|
|Location||Bolpur, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (N.M.C.)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: PVT
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before we discuss, let us look at the courses overview offered at the SMC Bolpur.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Twonternship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery Twoncluding 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students, as faculty members of Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur is responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this College, these valuable resources about Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur will help you do proper research.
|Admission Process||U.G. Course: NEET UG|
|Eligibility Criteria||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Counselling||For U.G. Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
|West Bengal MBBS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The fees structure of the Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur for the undergraduate medical course MBBS is mentioned below.
|For State Domicile Govt. Quota (40%)||Rs. 289480|
|For Private/General Quota (35%)||Rs. 2286000|
|Miscellaneous Charges||Rs. 40,000/Semester|
|Admission Fee (One-Time)||Rs. 50,000 /-|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 1,00,000 /-|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
West Bengal NEET Counselling 2021 Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 West Bengal State Counselling.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official Website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to clock one priority college of your preference and finally lock-in the selections in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to College: Those who will be allotted assigned the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted College and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to College (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% A.I.Q. Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
List of documents required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted College.
- MBBS Admit Card 2021
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur|
Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur
Address: Santiniketan Medical College Vill- Gobindapur P.O- Muluk P.S- Bolpur
Pin- 731204, West Bengal
Phone SMC – 03463 351046
Official Website: https://www.smcbangla.com/
West Bengal NEET 2021 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur is 150.
Ans. Yes, Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur does have hostel facilities provided.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur.
Ans. Santiniketan Medical College Bolpur is located at Santiniketan Medical College Vill- Gobindapur P.O- Muluk P.S- Bolpur Pin- 731204, West Bengal.