An undergraduate degree in medicine and veterinary science, or MBBS, is available for those aspiring to become doctors. It is a certification in medical science. Students who complete the MBBS program and earn their degree are eligible to work as doctors or medical professionals. The MBBS program is their ideal career option for students all around India. The most recent statistics indicate that over 18 lakh individuals want to enrol in an MBBS program. One of the most popular degrees among medical candidates globally is MBBS in India. India’s top-notch medical universities, dedicated instructors, and robust educational framework are laying the groundwork for success.
The applicants must participate in NEET to be accepted into MBBS programs in India. In India, a tranquil and healthy environment aids pupils’ quicker learning. Some of India’s most prominent and well-known medical institutes are among the top MBBS colleges. Around 563 registered medical institutions in India offer the MBBS program; 284 are private, and 275 are public. The top MBBS Colleges in India include AIIMS New Delhi, CMC Vellore, BHU, Varanasi, and JIPMER Pondicherry.
MBBS Program in India: Key Points
- The MBBS curriculum is recognized worldwide.
- The practical study is given more attention.
- One year of required internships to help with understanding.
- The professors are skilled and knowledgeable.
- The renowned public and private hospitals offer internship programs.
- In India, there are various private medical schools for your medical studies.
- The application process in Indian medical institutes is simple.
Pursuing the MBBS course in India has a dream of medical aspirants; if you are one of them and want to study the Best Medical colleges in India by NIRF 2022 ranking, then you have to check out this quick overview about MBBS admission in India.
|Minimum Percentage||60% in PCB for General, 40% for SC/ ST and Reserve Categories With Qualifying Marks.|
|IELTS / TOEFL||Not Required|
|Processing Time||45-60 Days|
|Lowest Fees||4,00,000 INR Per Year (Private Colleges)|
|Maximum Fees||15,00,000 INR Per Year (Private Colleges)|
|Living Cost||7500 INR Per Month|
|Medium||English, Hindi and Regional|
|Top 10 Government Medical College||Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India|
|Recognition||NMC and WHO approved|
Why Study MBBS in India?
- India offers some of the world’s best and most renowned medical universities.
- In India, there are more than 300 medical schools and institutes. About 180 of these are private colleges.
- There are roughly 72,098 seats overall available in India.
- India’s MBBS is ranked higher due to its superior research and training initiatives.
- Indian medical schools are renowned for offering top-notch clinical training.
- Attending international seminars and conferences has benefits for students.
- The curriculum used in medical schools in India is of a high calibre.
- After receiving their MBBS from India, students are free to practice anywhere in the world.
- Actual human bodies are used for practice by the students.
Duration of MBBS in India
- In India, the MBBS program lasts for 5.5 years. It takes 4.5 years to complete, with the final year being spent on an internship.
- A postgraduate program will take three years to complete.
- Diploma programs last for two years.
Whenever any candidate whats to apply for MBBS in India, the first question on their mind is what are the exact eligibility criteria of MBBS in India? To answer these questions, we summarise the eligibility criteria. Let’s have a look.
|Age Criteria||The applicant must be 17 years old when enrolled on an MBBS program in India, and the maximum age limit is 25yr.|
|Qualification||For general category students in the 12th grade, the medical candidate must receive 50% of the possible points. Candidates for the reserved category must score a minimum of 40%.|
The percentages for SC/ST and OBC at AIIMS are 60 and 45, respectively. ∙ The three main disciplines a medical student should have taken in the 12th year are physics, chemistry, and biology.
|NEET||NEET is required.|
Recognition of Indian Medical Universities
The following prestigious medical organizations recognize Indian medical universities:
- In June and July, the medical candidate is free to apply to Indian medical universities.
- In India, the MBBS academic year begins in September or October. Benefits of MBBS in India
- India has some of the world’s best healthcare and educational systems.
- Students in India’s MBBS program are educated about tropical diseases.
Candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for counselling following the NEET exam results. For the admissions procedure in MBBS in India, those applicants need to bring the following documents:
|1.||Medical applicants must have valid class 10th and 12th-grade mark sheets.|
|2.||The NEET scorecard is a prerequisite for admission to the MBBS program in India.|
|3.||A valid school transfer certificate, code of conduct certificate, medical certificate, health check-up certificate, and no criminal record certificate are required for the application process by the medical candidates.|
|4.||One of the prerequisites is having a passport and photocopies the same size as a passport.|
|5.||A caste certificate stating that the medical candidate is SC, ST, or OBC is required for the students.|
|6.||Medical candidates must present a bank statement from their parents as proof that they can cover the admissions fees.|
MBBS in India Admissions Process
All medical schools and universities in India admit students only through national-level entrance exams for various medical and dental courses. This exam is the NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) for graduate-level medical practices. It is known as the NEET PG (National Eligibility Entrance Test for Postgraduate) for postgraduate-level medical courses.
The procedure for getting an MBBS in India is as follows:
- You must submit applications for different medical tests, including NEET.
- Put all your effort and commitment into your exam preparation. A strong All-India Rank (AIR) will benefit the admissions process. Once you have passed the exam and qualified, you will be assigned a college based on the merit list and your scores. The counselling process will include every step of this process.
- You will be told if you are accepted into a college and then need to participate in the medical college’s counselling process.
- All of your documents must be submitted throughout the procedure. ∙ You will begin your medical studies after paying the semester’s fees and enrolling in the medical college’s dormitory.
What after qualifying NEET exam?
After qualifying for the NEET entrance exam, the next step is participating in the NEET counselling to get admission to medical colleges in India. There are two types of NEET Counselling first one is AIQ (Central) counselling for 15% of seats which is conducted by MCC, and the remaining 85% of seat counselling will be conducted by particular state counselling conducted authority; let’s have a look at state-wise Counselling.
The organizations that conduct the entrance exams for MBBS programs in India are as follows:
|NEET 2022 application process||May 20, 2022 (9 pm) Last date to pay the application fee is May 20, 2022 (11.50 pm)|
|NEET 2022 application correction window||May 24 to May 27 2022 (Upto 9 pm)|
|NEET 2022 Category correction window||June 14 to June 16 2022 (Open)|
|NEET 2022 admit card||The first week of June 2022|
|NEET 2022 exam date||July 17, 2022 (Sunday)|
If you decide to study MBBS courses in India, then you must be aware of the Medical Colleges in India’s Fees Structure (State-wise); Let’s look.
|State||Fee Structure||State||Fee Structure|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click Here||Kerala||Click Here|
|Delhi||Click Here||Maharashtra||Click Here|
|Rajasthan||Click Here||Manipur||Click Here|
|Haryana||Click Here||Meghalaya||Click Here|
|Punjab||Click Here||Mizoram||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here||Nagaland||Click Here|
|Uttarakhand||Click Here||Odisha||Click Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here||Sikkim||Click Here|
|Chandigarh||Click Here||Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Chhattisgarh||Click Here||Telangana||Click Here|
|Bihar||Click Here||Tripura||Click Here|
|Jharkhand||Click Here||West Bengal||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click Here||Karnataka||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here||Andaman and Nicobar||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here||Daman & Diu||Click Here|
|Assam||Click Here||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Click Here|
|Goa||Click Here||Lakshadweep||Click Here|
|Gujarat||Click Here||Puducherry||Click Here|
MBBS in India Can Lead To Endless Success
India’s top medical universities offer professions with limitless growth potential. The critical job profiles for successful MBBS aspirants are as follows:
General Areas for Employment are listed below:
- Health Centres
- Medical Colleges
- Biomedical Companies
- Nursing Homes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
India is known for having the best educational institutions and systems in the entire globe. For college students who want to pursue a career in medicine, MBBS in India is the best choice. There are 335 medical colleges in India, of which 180 are private universities, and 155 are public ones. The highest ranked training and research programs in India are for MBBS. The program includes training in clinical procedures as well as practical knowledge. Moreover, the admission process is straightforward in MBBS in India, and there are many advantages to studying MBBS from India’s best medical colleges and universities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I do MBBS in India without NEET?
No, you have to qualify NEET exam to do MBBS in India.
What are the fees of MBBS colleges in India?
The fees of MBBS college in India are approximately 3-10 lakh; Fees structure can differ for every University.
How much score is needed to Qualify NEET exam?
You have to score a minimum of 132/ 720 to qualify Neet exam.
Is MBBS in India worth it?
Yes, MBBS in India is worth it. India has one of the best medical Universities with highly qualified professors, and students will get practical experience.
Top government colleges in India for MBBS?
These are the top Government medical universities in India:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2. Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore