Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University (IMS BHU Varanasi) is one of the Prestigious Government Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh. It was implemented in the year 1960. IMS BHU Varanasi is a very famous medical college in North India. The college is affiliated with Banaras Hindu University and is approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Hey, Students, if you are interested in admission from IMS BHU Varanasi, you should know about IMS BHU Varanasi Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut Off, Facilities available and complete IMS BHU Varanasi reviews, & more!
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi
The Institute Of Medical Sciences is one of the Six institutes of Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi. The Institute started functioning as a College of Medical Sciences in 1960 with nine departments of Modern Medicine.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of the Institute of Medical Sciences at Banaras Hindu University Varanasi. If you are looking forward to pursuing MBBS from this college, you must provide NEET Score Card for admission purposes.
|Name of Institute||Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi|
|Popular Name||IMS BHU Varanasi|
|Location||Varanasi Uttar Pradesh|
|Year of Establishment||1960|
|Affiliated to||Banaras Hindu University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|All India Rank||7|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET), Lucknow|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh|
|UP NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Banaras Hindu University
Approved by:- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Aid Status:- Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
These are Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at IMS BHU Varanasi:
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
IMS BHU Varanasi offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
If you are interested in pursuing MBBS from IMS BHU Varanasi, you must know about the number of seats for the college’s particular course. IMS BHU Varanasi MBBS Seats is 100.
IMS BHU Varanasi provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
|PG Courses||3 Years|
If you are interested in pursuing MD/MS from IMS BHU Varanasi, you must know about the number of seats for the college’s particular course. IMS BHU Varanasi MBBS Seats is 100.
We will let you know about the Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi MBBS Syllabus in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
We will let you know about IMS BHU Varanasi MBBS Internship here. Let’s have a look.
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of the medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at the Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about the Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Uttar Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Uttar Pradesh NEET PG Counselling
|Uttar Pradesh NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in UP||Click Here|
The IMS BHU Varanasi fee structure for the undergraduate & postgraduate medical courses is mentioned below.
|Course||Fees per year|
- 189/-(Per month)
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Expected)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Expected Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the Expected Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cutoff marks|
|General||50th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||To be announced|
|General-PwD||45th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC-PwD||40th percentile||To be announced|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cutoff marks 2021||Cutoff marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
IMS BHU Varanasi Cutoff 2019
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Graphical Representation of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Uttar Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, UP, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Uttar Pradesh State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
*Note: To learn more about Uttar Pradesh NEET counselling, Click Here
Step 1- Online Registration
- Candidates can apply online by visiting the website https://upneet.gov.in.
- For registration, the candidates will use their NEET-UG roll no. and email ID (used in AI-NEET-UG registration) and follow instructions on the screen.
- After that, the candidate’s AI-NEET-UG registration details will be displayed.
- The candidate will make an online (Netbanking/ Credit/ Debit Card) payment of 2,000/ rupees. SMS will be sent to their registered mobile no (used for AI-NEET UG registration) to confirm successful registration.
- The password you create at the time of registration, kindly note this password for choice filling.
- After a successful payment candidate will get a Transaction number and registration number on their registered mobile number.
Step-2: Online Security Money Payment
- Those aspirants are eligible for choice filling who will build a successful online payment of Rs. 30,000/- for Government seats & Rs. 2,00,000/- for Private seats as security money.
- After paying for security money and the state merit list has been announced, the online seat choice filling will be available as per the earlier scheduled.
- Candidates would be able to take a printout of their online payment receipt.
Step-3: Merit Declaration
- State merit, the list reference shall be AI-NEET-UG 2022 ranking.
- The final merit list will be published on the website.
Step-4: Online choice filling
- Visit the official website and click on the choice filling.
- After login, the choice filling can be done in several sessions but remember to save and continue; otherwise, you lose your work.
- The choice filling will not be complete until you finally submit and Lock.
- After choice filling, seat allotment results will be displayed online.
Step-5: Seat Allotment
- Login to the website. Your seat allotment will be displayed.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by IMS BHU Varanasi, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
*Note: To learn more about Uttar Pradesh NEET PG counselling, Click Here
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report the following documents to complete the formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
This section shows the Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi Ranking & its reputation all across the state of UP & in India:
|Name of Institute||Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi|
|All India Rank||7|
Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University
Address: Varanasi, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Official Website: www.bhu.ac.in
IMS BHU Varanasi Campus Video
UP NEET 2022 Admission Support
|UP NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Course for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The total intake of medical science aspirants in IMS BHU Varanasi is 100.
Yes, IMS BHU Varanasi is provided hostel facilities.
Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to IMS BHU Varanasi.
Varanasi, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
IMS BHU Varanasi is Government.
Most of the medical colleges in India issue a complimentary bond for their medical students. It ensures a guarantee from the medical aspirants that they won’t leave medical college until completing the course. This college also offers Bond for their students.
All the medical; colleges in India are affiliated and approved by the National Medical Council of India (previously known as the Medical Council of India).
Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from IMS BHU Varanasi will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the course. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.
Looking at this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 630 will help you to get to Government Medical College in the state.
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of IMS BHU Varanasi, the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at IMS BHU Varanasi.