Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College and Hospital, Solan is most popularly known as MM Medical College Solan. It is one of the premier private medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. The MM medical college, Solan, was implemented in the year 2013. The college aims to provide high-quality education and a good atmosphere. The college is affiliated with Maharishi Marakandeshwar University Solan and is approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
In the article, we will share all the essential details of MM Medical College Solan like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, and other details.
|[ Page Index ]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fees Structure
5. Counselling Process
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequent Ask Questions
Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College and Hospital Solan
Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College, popularly known as MM Medical College, aims at providing quality education and a good atmosphere. The college was established in 2013 and is considered one of the best private medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh.
Before we go to complete the college review, let us look at MM Medical college’s major details.
|Name of Institute||Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College and Hospital Solan|
|Popular Name||MMU Solan Medical College, MM Medical College, Solan|
|Location||Solan, Himachal Pradesh|
|Year of Establishment||2013|
|Affiliated||Maharishi Marakandeshwar University Solan|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS/MD|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh|
|HP NEET 2021 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Maharishi Marakandeshwar University, Solan
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Private
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
MM Medical College Solan offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
MM Medical College Solan provides quality of education and offers the following PG courses duration is mentioned below
|MD Anatomy||3 years|
|MD Physiology||3 years|
|MD Biochemistry||3 years|
|MD Forensic Medicine||3 years|
|MD Pharmacology||3 years|
|MD Community Medicine||3 years|
|MD Microbiology||3 years|
|MD Pathology||3 years|
|MD Anaesthesiology||3 years|
|MS ENT||3 years|
|MD Respiratory Medicine||3 years|
|MD Psychiatry||3 years|
|MS General Surgery||3 years|
|MD General Medicine||3 years|
|MS Ophthalmology||3 years|
|MS Orthopaedics||3 years|
|MS Obstetrics and|
|MD Paediatrics||3 years|
|MD Dermatology (DVL)||3 years|
|MD Radiodiagnosis||3 years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD Forensic Medicine||3|
|MD Community Medicine||3|
|MD Respiratory Medicine||2|
|MS General Surgery||10|
|MD General Medicine||10|
|MS Obstetrics and|
|MD Dermatology (DVL)||3|
Here in this selection, we will let you about MM Medical College Solan MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students as a faculty member of the MM Medical College Solan is responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at MM Medical College Solan is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Himachal Pradesh NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Himachal Pradesh NEET PG Counselling
|Himachal Pradesh NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|HP NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
HP NEET Counselling 2021 Round 1 Dates (Out)
The schedule for further process of Himachal Pradesh NEET UG Counselling 2021 is released by the Atal Medical Research University. The candidates can check the below schedule carefully:
|Seat Allocation for 1st round of counselling||30 January 2022|
|Admission for 1st round of counselling||02 February 2022 to |
07 February 2022
|Confirmation of Display of Vacancy Position||28th February 2022|
|Choice filling for 2nd round of counselling||1st March 2022|
|Declaration of Provisional Result of Round – 2||4th March 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result of Round – 2||7th March 2022|
|Admission to 2nd round of counselling||8th March 2022 to 11th March 2022|
|Mop Up Round|
|Invitation of New Applications||17th March to 18th March 2022 Till 5 PM|
|Filling of Choices|
|Provisional Allotment of Seats|
|Final Allotment of Seats|
|Reporting to the Institutes|
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling Flow Chart
The fee structure of the MM Medical College Solan for the medical course is mentioned below.
|Category||Tuition Fee (Annually)|
|NRI Quota||US$ 44,075/-|
- The fee shall be charged annually in two installment by the college concerned.
- Hostel fee shall be charged by the college as under.
- Security (one time) Rs.5,000/- ,Rent annually (Exclusive of Mess charges) Rs.30,000 /- (Single) and Rs.24,000/-(Double)
|Name of Course||Tuition fee annually in two equal installment||The tuition fee for NRI seats annually||Caution money (Refundable) one time|
|M.D. (Pathology||17,56,000/-||40000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Biochemistry)||9,04,000/-||25000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Microbiology)||9,04,000/-||25000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Community Medicine)||9,04,000/-||25000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Forensic Medicine)||9,04,000/-||–||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Respiratory Medicine)||27,95,000/-||–||5,000/-|
|M.S. (Ophthalmology)||32,95,000/-||90000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Paediatrics)||32,95,000/-||110000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.S. (Obstetrics. & Gynaecology)||34,95,000/-||120000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Anaesthesiology)||21,95,000/-||50000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||29,95,000/-||80000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||32,95,000/-||110000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Radio-Diagnosis)||37,95,000/-||140000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy)||37,95,000/-||140000 USD||5,000/-|
|M.S. (Orthopaedics)||32,95,000/-||120000 USD||5,000/-|
|Rent + other charges including mess||1,50,000/-|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||5000/-|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee is subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG Cutoff 2021( Announced)
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla, to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 HP State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
- According to candidates merit ranks, candidates whose name will be enlisted in the state merit list will be called for the HP NEET counselling 2021 process.
- Applicants are required to register for HP NEET Counselling 2021 admission from the official website.
- Then candidates must make their choices/preference of courses and colleges according to their importance for the seat allotment process.
- Candidates allotted seats in HP NEET Counselling 2021 admission must report at the allotted colleges within the specified dates and timings.
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling Process
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Himachal Pradesh must register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by MM Medical College Solan, the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2021
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College and Hospital Solan|
Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College and Hospital
Address: Sultanpur Road, Kumarhatti, Solan (H.P.) – 173229
Fax No: 01792-268266
HP NEET 2021 Admission Support
|HP NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants for the MBBS course MM Medical College Solan is 150.
Ans. Yes, MM Medical College Solan has a hostel facility.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to MM Medical College Solan.
Ans. The address of the college is Sultanpur Road, Kumarhatti, Solan (H.P.) – 173229
Ans. MM Medical College Solan is a private college.