Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi is one of the leading Medical institutes in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. The college is popularly known as HIMS Varanasi, and it was established in 2015. The college is affiliated with the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University Lucknow and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
In the article, we will share all the essential details of Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences Varanasi
HIMS Varanasi is a leading medical college of Purvanchal, with a vast hi-tech campus and cream faculty. Built by the visionary team behind the renowned Heritage Hospital (Varanasi), HIMS is pushing the envelope of medical training and healthcare.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of HIMS Varanasi.
|Name of Institute||Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences Varanasi|
|Popular Name||HIMS Varanasi|
|Location||Varanasi Uttar Pradesh|
|Year of Establishment||2015|
|Affiliated||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University Lucknow|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET), Lucknow|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh|
|UP NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University Lucknow
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
These are HIMS Varanasi Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences Varanasi:
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences Varanasi offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure College offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The college is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
Here, you can get information about the Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences Varanasi UG Courses offered with Intake and Duration details. Let’s have a look.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship||150|
Here, you can get information about the Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences Varanasi PG Courses offered with Intake and Duration details. Let’s have a look.
|MD Anaesthesiology||3 Years||5|
|MD Biochemistry||3 Years||3|
|MD Paediatrics||3 Years||3|
|MD. Respiratory Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MS Ophthalmology||3 Years||2|
|MS Orthopaedics||3 Years||3|
|MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||3|
|MS Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)||3 Years||2|
|MD Pathology||3 Years||6|
|MS General Surgery||3 Years||3|
|MD Pharmacology||3 Years||2|
We will let you know about HIMS Varanasi MBBS Syllabus in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
We will let you know about this selection for the HIMS Varanasi MBBS Internship. Let’s have a look.
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of HIMS Varanasi, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at HIMS Varanasi is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about the HIMS Varanasi will help you research the college properly.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET-PG Eligibility Criteria
|Uttar Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Uttar Pradesh NEET PG Counselling
|Uttar Pradesh NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in UP||Click Here|
The fee structure of the HIMS Varanasi for the undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses is mentioned below
The Fee Structure of HIMS Varanasi for Undergraduates is mentioned below.
|Tuition Fee (per year)||13,21,492 /-|
The Fee Structure of HIMS Varanasi for Postgraduate is mentioned below.
|MD. Respiratory Medicine||42,91,000/-|
|MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology||42,91,000/-|
|MS General Surgery||42,91,000/-|
The Hostel Fee Structure of HIMS Varanasi is mentioned below.
|Particulars||Fees (Per Year)|
|Non AC||1.50 Lac|
|Security Deposit||3.00 Lac|
|Miscellaneous Fee||0. 80 Lac|
NOTE:- Above mention, the fee is subject to change.
The College Cutoff is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various course.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category must score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Expected)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Expected Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the Expected Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cutoff marks|
|General||50th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||To be announced|
|General-PwD||45th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC-PwD||40th percentile||To be announced|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cutoff marks 2021||Cutoff marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Heritage Medical College Varanasi cutoff 2019 (General Category)
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2021
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi cutoff 2019 (Gender Male)
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|DNB General Medicine Post MBBS||General||8967||10755|
Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, UP, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Uttar Pradesh State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
*Note: To learn more about Uttar Pradesh NEET counselling, Click Here
Step 1- Online Registration
- Candidates can apply online by visiting the website https://upneet.gov.in.
- For registration, the candidates will use their NEET-UG roll no. and email ID (used in AI-NEET-UG registration) and follow instructions on the screen.
- After that, the candidate’s AI-NEET-UG registration details will be displayed.
- The candidate will make an online (Netbanking/ Credit/ Debit Card) payment of 2,000/ rupees, after which SMS will be sent to their registered mobile no (that was used for AI-NEET UG registration) confirming successful registration.
- The password you create at the time of registration, kindly note this password for choice filling.
- After a successful payment candidate will get a Transaction number and registration number on their registered mobile number.
Step-2: Online Security Money Payment
- Those aspirants are eligible for choice filling who will build a successful online payment of Rs. 30,000/- for Government seats & Rs. 2,00,000/- for Private seats as security money.
- After paying for security money and the state merit list has been announced, the online seat choice filling will be available as per the earlier schedule.
- Candidates would be able to take a printout of their online payment receipt.
Step-3: Merit Declaration
- State merit, the list reference shall be AI-NEET-UG 2022 ranking.
- The final merit list will be published on the website.
Step-4: Online choice filling
- Visit the official website and click on the choice filling.
- After login, the choice filling can be done several sessions but remember to save and continue; otherwise, you lose your work.
- The choice filling will not be complete until you finally submit and Lock.
- After choice filling, seat allotment results will be displayed online.
Step-5: Seat Allotment
- Login to the website. Your seat allotment will be displayed.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Heritage Medical College Varanasi, the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
*Note: To learn more about Uttar Pradesh NEET PG counselling, Click Here
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
This section shows the Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi Ranking & its reputation all across the state of UP & in India:
|Name of Institute||Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi|
Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi
Address: NH2 (GT ROAD Bypass), Varanasi (UP) Varanasi – 221311
Official Website: www.heritageims.com
Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi Campus Video
UP NEET 2022 Admission Support
|UP NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi is 150 for the MBBS course.
A. Yes, Heritage Medical College Varanasi provides hostel facilities.
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi.
A. Heritage Institute of Medical Science Varanasi, NH2 (GT ROAD Bypass), Varanasi (UP) Varanasi – 221311.
A. Heritage Medical College Varanasi Lucknow is Private.
Most of the medical colleges in India issue a complimentary bond for their medical students. It ensures a guarantee from the medical aspirants that they won’t leave medical college until the completion of the course. This college also offers Bond for their students.
All the medical; colleges in the state or in India is affiliated and approved by the National Medical Council of India (previously known as the Medical Council of India)
Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from HIMS Varanasi will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the course. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.
Looking to this year completion and cutoff analysis anything around 450+ will help you to get Pvt Medical College in the state.
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of HIMS Varanasi, then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at HIMS Varanasi.