WB NEET UG Counselling: West Bengal NEET Counselling 2019 is the state centralized Online counselling process through which a candidate can apply to MBBS/BDS courses in various Government/Private Medical College affiliated with State Medical University of West Bengal. West Bengal NEET 2019 state counselling for filling 85% state quota seats will be conducted by Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal.
Throughout the article, you will get to know about West Bengal NEET 2019 Counselling procedure, Top Medical/Dental Colleges in West Bengal and NEET West Bengal 2019 Cut off. Happy Reading.
WB NEET Counselling 2019
A candidate can visit the official portal of Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 West Bengal State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the West Bengal NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2019 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Chandigarh must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants applying for West Bengal State NEET Counselling 2019 may look into this important datasheet.
|S.No||Description||Dates 2019 (Announced)|
|1||Online enrolment and fee payment for pre Counseling |
those NEET UC 2019 qualified for verification
|25th June to 28th June 2019 |
|2||Pre-counselling documents verification at 6 (six) centres||27th June to 29th June 2019 |
& 1st July 2019 (at the
date, time and venue
mentioned acknowledgement Slip)
|3||Publication of List of eligible candidates for Round 1||3rd July 2019|
|4||Publication of seat matrix for Round 1||3rd July 2019|
|5||Round 1 online registration and user ID and password generation by the |
successfully verified candidates.
|4th July to 7th July 2019|
|6||Round 1 choice filling and Choice locking for registered candidates||4th July to 7th July 2019 (2:00 pm to midnight)|
|7||Publication of Result of Round 1||9th July 2019|
|8||Reporting at allotted college||10th July to 12th July 2019 |
(10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG 2019 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2019 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Uttarakhand candidate only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc)
- Fee Receipt
- Passport Size Photograph
NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- The applying seekers should have qualified the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of West Bengal.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and English are the compulsory subjects with minimum 50% marks, 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
- Age Criteria: The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31-12-2019.
The candidates born on or after 02-01-2003 are not eligible for
admission into MBBS, BDS Courses.
|Schedule Caste (SC)||22%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||6%|
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for the admission after the NEET State counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected on the basis of their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers will have to report to the allotted college for the admission along with all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college in any circumstances within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
West Bengal NEET Participating Medical Colleges
Candidate applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated to the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about the college. To know details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc) about the participating colleges, click the link mentioned below. Here is the updated list of all NEET Counselling participating Medical Colleges in West Bengal officially made by the Medical Council of India.
Medical Colleges in West Bengal
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Intake||Affiliated with||Aid Status|
|Nilratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkata||N/A||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Govt.|
|North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling||100||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Govt.|
|Medical College, Kolkata||250||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Govt.|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||N/A||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Govt.|
|Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan||150||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Govt.|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura||150||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Govt.|
|Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Durgapur||N/A||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Society|
|ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Haldia, Purba Midnapore||100||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Trust|
|IQ-City Medical College, Burdwan||150||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Trust|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Joka, Kolkata||100||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata||Govt.|
Dental Colleges in West Bengal
|S. no.||College Name||Est Year||Type||Course||Permitted Seats for Academic|
|1||Burdwan Dental College, Rajbati||2009-10||Govt.||BDS||100|
|2||Dr R. Ahmed Dental College & Hospital, Calcutta||1951-52||Govt.||BDS||100|
|3||Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science & Research, Kolkatta||2002-03||Private||BDS||100|
|4||Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Banbishnupur||2007-08||Private||BDS||100|
|5||Kusum Devi Sunderlal Dugar Jain Dental College & Hospital, Kolkata||2016-17||Private||BDS||100|
|6||The North Bengal Dental College, Sushratangar||1990-91||Govt.||BDS||50|
West Bengal MBBS/BDS Seat Allotment Process
The WB NEET Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. the Seat allotment will be completely based on the merit rank and choices entered by candidates.
The West Bengal MBBS and BDS 2019 seat allotment result for Round I counselling will be announced tentatively in the first week of July. The Result of seat allotment would be published online on the official website of Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal.
Applying seekers who have been allotted seats in Round I will also be able to opt for up-gradation in Second Round. And in case the candidate gets an upgraded seat in seconds Round, the seat allotted in first Round will stand cancelled.
NEET 2019 Cutoff (Announced)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2019 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Previous Year Cut-off
The NEET 2019 will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and the last year admission record. Check out the NEET Cutoff.
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Scoring High in Entrance Exam like NEET will help you to choose some of the Best MBBS/BDS Colleges in West Bengal. Top Rankers may also avail various Scholarship offered by these colleges. In case of any problems regarding the counselling, you may contact the student grievance cell of West Bengal NEET 2019.
Best of Luck…!!!