The College is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai, and recognized by the N.M.C. This article will provide you with detailed information about Karpagam Medical College Fees Structure and Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore
Karpagam Medical College is most popularly known as KFMSR Coimbatore aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of KFMSR Coimbatore.
|Name of Institute||Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore|
|Popular Name||Karpagam Medical College, KFMSR Coimbatore|
|Year of Establishment||1989|
|Affiliated to||The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University Chennai|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University Chennai
Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Karpagam Medical College offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
KFMSR Coimbatore provides the following UG course.
|MBBS||4.5+ 1 year Internship|
KFMSR Coimbatore offers the following P.G. courses.
|M.D. Biochemistry||3 Years|
|M.D. Pharmacology||3 Years|
|M.D. Pathology||3 Years|
|M.D. Microbiology||3 Years|
|M.D. Community Medicine||3 Years|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medic Madras Medical College, Chennai, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.O.P.D.sbegin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.E.N.T.hthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the required courses, which come under KFMSR Coimbatore. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG|
|Eligibility Criteria||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021||For U.G. Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Cutoff 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Seat Matrix 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
Fees Structure (Released)
Here we describe the Fee structure of Karpagam Medical College for U.G. and P.G. courses.
Fee structure of KFMSR Coimbatore for U.G. Course.
|Course||Govt. Quota Fee||Manag. Quota Fee||N.R.I. Quota Fee||N.R.I. Lapsed|
Note:- In addition to the above fees, the Institute is permitted to collect an amount of Rs. 25,000/- per student as Development Fee.
Note: The fee structure may be subject to change.
Fee structure of KFMSR Coimbatore for P.G. Course.
Note: Fees will be Updated Soon.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore General Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cutoffby rank|
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore O.B.C. Cutoff
|Round||2020 CCutoffy rank|
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore SC Cutoff
|Round||2020 CuCutoff rank|
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore S.T. Cutoff
Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore P.W.D. Cutoff
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education (D.M.E.), Tamil Nadu, to get themselves registered for NEET Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET, Let us first look at the Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling schedule.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to P.G. courses offered by KFMSR Coimbatore, the following flow chart shows short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||KFMSR Coimbatore|
Karpagam Medical College Coimbatore
Address: Olthakkalmandapam, Pollachi
Main Road, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
Official Website: http://www.karpagam.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants a Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore is 150
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore Olthakkalmandapam, Pollachi Main Road, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
Looking to this year completion and cutoff analysis anything around 450+ will help you to get Pvt Medical College in the state.
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of KFMSR Coimbatore then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from KFMSR Coimbatore.