Christian Medical College Vellore is one of the oldest Medical colleges in Vellore, It is also popular in nearby locations as CMC Vellore, located at Vellore. It was established in 1900 affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai.
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Christian Medical College, Vellore Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Christian Medical College Vellore
|Name of Institute||Christian Medical College Vellore|
|Popular Name||CMC Vellore|
|Year of Establishment||1900|
|Affiliated||Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
MD, DM, M.ch, Diploma
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai
Approved by:- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Aid Status:- Trust
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Skill Lab
- Lecture Halls
Admission Time Table 2020
|Online application start date||12th February 2020|
|Last Date for submission of online applications with payment||26th March 2020|
|Last Date for submission of supporting documents (where applicable)||2nd April 2020|
|Last date for receipt of certification forms from Minority Network organisations||16th April 2020|
MBBS applicants have to submit at our website, their
(a) NEET (UG)-2020 marks, All India rank and roll number and their
(b) ARNo and rank of TN Management quota rank list 2020 for MBBS admission in self-financing medical colleges
|Online submission of NEET (UG)-2020 score||To be announced (only for MBBS $) applicants|
|Online submission of ARNo & Rank of TN Manangement quota 2020||To be announced (only for MBBS $) applicants|
|Physical Counseling by Tamil Nadu Selection committee, DME, Chennai||To be announced (only for MBBS $) applicants|
|GROUP||Group A||Group B|
|Step-1 Entrance Examination||12th May 2020 morning (ALL $ GROUP A Courses EXCEPT MBBS )||12th May 2020 afternoon SCIENCE, NON-SCIENCE & SPECIAL PAPERS|
|Courses||BSc in Nursing||AHS@ Degree Courses||Diploma in Nursing||AHS@ Diploma Courses, MHA & MSc||MPH# & DCPC**|
|Announcement of List for Step-2||26th May||18th May||26th May||20th May||15th May|
|Step-2 (Special tests and interviews)||20th – 22nd July||23rd & 24th July||28th – 30th July||4th & 5th August||25th & 26th May|
|Selection Results||4th August||25th July||4th August||6th August||27th May|
|Registration||24th August||18th August||17th August||19th August||28th May for DCPC 29th June for MPH|
|Classes begin||21st September||19th August||22nd September||20th August; for MSc 1st Sept||28th May for DCPC 1st July for MPH|
@ AHS – Allied Health Science
# MPH – Master of Public Health.
**Diploma in Clinical Pastoral Counseling
$ Please keep checking our website for updates regarding the selection processes & schedule for MBBS admissions. All candidates applying to CMC Vellore for MBBS also have to apply to the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee for the counselling process in the category of Management quota seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges of Tamil Nadu.
The UG (Under Graduate) courses are divided into two categories which have their own parameters. For UG courses candidate can fill their application form for
- BSc Nursing
- Allied Health Sciences Degree courses
- Diploma Nursing
- AHS Diploma courses
- MSc courses
For Detailed Courses Information Click Here
Faculty & Staff
The CMC Vellore Medical College offers admission with an intake of 100 numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in CMC Vellore, UG courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
For Detailed Admission Process Click Here
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
For Detailed Eligibility Criteria for Each Course Click Here
The fee structure of CMC Vellore is different for each course so it is necessary to note down the fee structure of a particular course that you want to do.
|Admission Year||Other Years||Mess Fee (Monthly)|
|001||MBBS||48330||31000||6000 (Men) 6000 (Women)|
|002||BSc Nursing Christian Medical College,TechnologyVellore||42000 (including uniform, transport & book fee)||14500||Establishment: 10000/-per annum Electricity: 4800/-per annum Mess fee: 1500/-per month|
For Detailed NEW Fee Structure for each course Click Here
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET UG Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
|Cutoff||Revised Minimum |
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
A candidate can visit the official portal of CMC Vellore to get themselves registered for CMC Vellore Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for CMC Vellore 2020, Let us first have a look at the Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
|Application starts||2nd week of February 2020|
|Last Date for application submission||4th week of March 2020|
|Last Date for submission of supporting documents||1st week of April 2020|
|Last Date for submission of NEET UG scores||Two weeks from the date of announcement of NEET-UG results|
|Counselling window||May 2020|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental course in CMC Vellore must have to register themselves for the counselling 2020. Counselling of CMC Vellore will be conducted in two rounds in offline mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
CMC Vellore 2020 Counselling Procedure
The counselling procedure will be comprises of various steps which will be as given below:
- Counselling procedure will be organized through offline mode.
- The first step, students will be required to fill the application form of CMC Vellore MBBS and Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling.
- After filling the application, students will get eligible to participate in the counselling procedure.
- Admissions will be provided as per the merit formed on the basis of marks of NEET-UG 2020.
- After the filling of application form candidates will be required to submit their NEET UG scores.
- The counselling authority will publish a merit list containing the names of the eligible candidates.
- Candidates will be required to report in person for the counselling.
- Candidates are required to carry their documents along with photocopies and the fees.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of merit, category and availability of seats.
- Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to go through the document verification and other admission procedure to confirm seats.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by CMC Vellore the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
A. Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC Vellore) is a private college, minority-run educational and research institute that includes a network of primary, secondary and tertiary care hospitals in and around Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India.
A. The college has updated the fees. Students pay around Rs. 1.5 lac for the two-year diploma course and Rs. 28,000 for postdoctoral fellowships.
A. A total of 100 MBBS seats will be offered through CMC Vellore MBBS admission, out of which 16 are open and 84 sponsored seats. So only those candidates who have qualified in NEET should fill the application form of CMC Vellore MBBS 2020.
A. No, As it is amongst the top-ranked medical colleges in India. From this year the college will admit students in MBBS course on the basis of NEET as per the orders of Honourable Supreme Court.
A. Yes, Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Course in Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore is available.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best Of luck..!!!