Government Vellore Medical College (GVMC Vellore) is one of the reputed colleges in Tamil Nadu located at Vellore City, Tamil Nadu. It was Established in 2005. It is Popularly known as Vellore Medical College. The College is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University and it is approved by Medical Council of India.
Throughout the article, you will get to know about the complete details of Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore like Admission, Course, Fee, Cutoff, Placements etc.
- 1 Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- 3 GVMC Vellore Courses Offered
- 4 Admission Process
- 5 Fee Structure
- 6 Vellore Medical College Cutoff
- 7 Ranking
- 8 Contact Details
Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore
|Name of Institute||Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore|
|Popular Name||GVMC Vellore, Vellore Medical College, Vellore|
|Location||Vellore City, Tamil Nadu|
|Year of Establishment||2005|
|Affiliated with||Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University
- Approved by: Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Skill Lab
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Lecture Hall
- Demo Rooms
GVMC Vellore Courses Offered
|MD General Medicine||10||2 Years|
|MS General Surgery||9||2 Years|
|MD Anaesthesiology||4||2 Years|
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Health & Family Department Government of Tamil Nadu to get themselves registered for NEET 2018 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2018. Counselling of NEET 2018 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
|UG Course|| |
|PG Course||Admission seekers must have completed Graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).|
|Course||Annual Fee (Avg)|
|MD General Medicine||Rs- 90000/-|
|MS General Surgery||Rs- 90000/-|
|MD Anaesthesiology||Rs- 90000/-|
Vellore Medical College Cutoff
NEET 2018 Cut Off
Minimum percentile corresponding to which marks should be obtained to qualify NEET 2018.
|Category||Cut Off Percentile|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile|
Previous Year NEET Cut Off Marks 2017
|CATEGORY||CUT OFF PERCENTILE||MARKS RANGE||NUMBER OF CANDIDATES|
|Others||50th Percentile||697 – 131||5,43,473|
|OBC||40th Percentile||130 – 107||47,382|
|SC||40th Percentile||130 – 107||14,599|
|ST||40th Percentile||130 – 107||6,018|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||130 – 118||67|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||130 – 107||152|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||130 – 107||38|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||130 – 107||38|
|Name of Institute||Vellore Medical College, Vellore|
- It is one of the premier Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
- We would like to give out 4 of 5 stars on Edufever Best Medical Colleges in India.
Govt. Vellore Medical College
Adukkamparai, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632011
Phone: 0416 226 0900
Official Website: Click here
- Top Medical College in Tamil Nadu
- Top Dental College in Tamil Nadu
- Top BAMS College in Tamil Nadu
- Top BHMS College in Tamil Nadu
Best of luck…!!