Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Russia: You must have discovered that studying MBBS in Russia is a fantastic option by this point. If you have chosen to study MBBS in Russia, you have made a wise choice! Regarding training chemists, mathematicians, geologists, physicians, programmers, physicists, engineers, and experts in other scientific sciences, Russia is regarded as a global leader.
You can learn the fundamentals and in-depth information about any subject in Russia. The nation is renowned for its excellent academic institutions in the natural sciences, mathematics, and physics. Russia has become a famous MBBS study abroad location for Indian students. There are many benefits to studying medicine in Russia, but first, let’s look at some fascinating facts about the country.
Russia is renowned for having a robust and cutting-edge educational system. With a literacy rate of 99.6%, Russia has the highest literacy rate on earth. Due to its high education and affordability, Russia draws many international students, especially those who desire to study MBBS there. Their academic requirements are online with those in Europe.
Additionally, it is well known that Russian universities adapt over time and routinely change their curricula considering new developments.
Why should you choose Russia to study MBBS?
MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. Any medical student who wants to study MBBS is ambitious in Russia, which is home to some of the best medical schools in the world and attracts graduates from India and other countries. Most importantly, the degree is acknowledged and recognized by the NMC, making it a popular option among Indian students looking to study MBBS in Russia. It is also considered the most prestigious course a medical student can take.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Russia:
1. No Capitation or Donation
- Private institutions in India also get substantial gifts or capitation fees in addition to the annual charge.
- Russian medical universities are an exception to this. Since few Russian medical universities demand a contribution or capitation fee.
2. No Entrance Test for Admission
- No entrance exam is necessary to ensure admission to medical colleges in Russia.
- In Russia, medical school entrance is firmly determined by a student’s achievement in the 12th grade and is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Preference will be granted if you scored above 60% in your 12th grade and NEET.
3. Affordable Living Cost and Low Tuition Fees
- Russian medical universities have very affordable registration fees as compared to private universities in India.
- It goes from 4.5 lakhs to 8 lakhs rupees annually.
- In Russia, the cost of living is also reasonable.
- They cost between $ 200 and $ 300 a month, or between Rs. 14 k and Rs. 21 k.
- You can also make it on between $100 and $200 per month, or between Rs.
- 7 k and Rs. 14 k, but it’s obvious that this mostly depends on your way of living.
4. MCI Coaching
- Another advantage of studying MBBS in Russia is that MCI screening training for practice in India is possible at no additional cost.
5. Hostel Facilities
- The hostel of the Russian Medical University is equipped with all modern and essential facilities.
- Students will be provided with furniture, water heaters, WI-FI equipment and more.
- During the winter, the hostel is heated intensively, so many problems do not occur.
6. Class Strength
- At Russian medical colleges, lot strength can be 12 to 15 students or less.
- Each student can then draw the teacher’s attention.
7. International Exposure
- When studying abroad, you can meet fellow students from different countries, ethnicities and backgrounds.
- This gives you an international exhibition to help you establish yourself in a new country.
- Due to its large population, Russia offers medical students like you a great opportunity to be exposed to large numbers of patients.
8. World Class Infrastructure
- The Russian Medical University is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment in hospitals and top-notch infrastructure.
- Studying medicine in Russia is very beneficial, as most medical colleges in Russia are of a high level and are recognized by the WHO, MCI, the
- European Council and UNESCO.
9. Scholarship Opportunities
- Russia offers many free tuition opportunities for international students who want to study MBBS through scholarships each year.
10. Funded Tuition
- Among the few countries, Russia offers foreigners the opportunity to receive free tuition. International students receive thousands of scholarships from the Russian government each year.
11. Opportunity To Learn Russian
- Approximately 260 million people around the world speak Russian, and 10.5 million foreigners learn Russian. You also could learn Russian.
- To this end, Russian universities offer a variety of Russian language programs, including summer schools, courses and distance learning.
- International students can take a one-year course in Russian, and students enrolled in government-sponsored courses can take it free.
Full English Medium Medical University in Russia
12. Opportunity To Obtain Dual Diplomas
- In 2003, Russia signed the Bologna Declaration and made various promises to create a common educational space for participating countries.
- As a result, many Russian medical colleges carry out joint programs with foreign universities and award graduates with two degrees.
- Therefore, studying in Russia allows you to obtain diplomats from European universities and Russian diplomats.
5 Full English Medium Medical University in Russia
|Name of College||Place||Duration||Avg Annual Fees|
|Kursk State Medical University||Kursk||6 Years||8000 (USD)|
|Kazan State Medical University||Kazan||6 Years||155 100 (Rubles)|
|Volgograd State Medical University||Volgograd||6 Years||6000 to 7000 (USD)|
|Voronezh State Medical University||Voronezh||6 Years||5400 to 6000 (USD)|
|Crimea State Medical University||Republic of Crimea||6 Years||3400 to 4000 (USD)|
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Russia
It cannot be denied that Russia is the largest country in the world in terms of area and the seventh in population, including two continents and a whopping nine time zones. Some of the world’s most magnificent palaces, vast plateaus, highest mountains, coldest cities, famous ballet companies, and a vast collection of stacked dolls are within its vast boundaries.
Another thing Russia is famous for is its affordable and quality medical education. For years, students from all over the world can study MBBS in Russia, as budget-friendly MBBS programs and state-of-the-art technology attract many students to study MBBS in Russia without exams. It has been observed to travel to Russia. Russia is one of the best destinations when it comes to the opportunity to study MBBS abroad.
1. Language Barrier
- Russia’s native and official language is Russian, so it’s a little overwhelming for Indians and other international students to get along with the locals there.
- Most medical colleges in Russia only offer MBBS in Russian. Therefore, it is always advisable for students to carefully select their medical school and conduct thorough research prior to enrollment.
- Indians and other international students must only enrol in medical colleges that take bilingual or English courses. Otherwise, the student will have to learn Russian.
2. Climatic Condition
- As you know, Russia is a country known for its freezing atmosphere. It is generally a cold country. Due to the long winters in Russia and India, the climatic conditions are different.
- Indian students can expect frequent snowfalls for most of the year. For about 3-5 months, temperatures in all Russian countries fall below 0 degrees Celsius.
- This can cause health problems for Indian students who are not accustomed to this climatic condition. A central heating system at the Russian Medical University allows students to maintain a comfortable temperature.
3. Duration of MBBS in Russia
- Unlike India, Russia’s MBBS has a duration of 5.8 years. This is longer than other countries such as Bangladesh, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
- If the time required to obtain an MBBS degree is the same in both countries, why would a student travel to Russia to study MBBS abroad?
4. Food and Accommodation
- During the 6 years of MBBS look in Russia, most Indian college students chose to live within the lodging provided by the clinical universities.
- However, some college students hire lodging outdoor the college lodging.
- Renting an outdoor area on the university campus is considerably more luxurious than staying in a hostel. The hire for staying outdoor is much extra whilst compared to the hostel lodging fee, and if a pupil is renting outdoor, there are different charges for meals and tours and different requirements.
- The meals to be had outdoor the resort is luxurious, and we aren’t even positive whether they’re hygienic! So, staying outdoor in the college lodging won’t be a fantastic concept for Indian clinical college students.
5. Student Safety
As maximum Indian clinical college students pick to stay outdoor the university lodging, the protection solely relies on their own.
The utilization of Gun tradition could be very every day in all the Russian countries. And it isn’t always safe for female college students to live outdoor the college lodging.
It is recommended and higher for college students to take their lodging provided through the college inside their campus because it guarantees protection and protection to the fullest.
6. FMGE Test to Practice MBBS in India
- All the Indian clinical college students enrolled in Russian clinical universities want to qualify for the FMGE to keep their clinical exercise in India.
- All the clinical graduates from Russian clinical universities who’re curious about persevering with their clinical exercises in India want to qualify for this examination.