Assam Medical College Dibrugarh (AMC Dibrugarh) was founded in the year 1947 and it is the oldest medical institutes in the North East region of India. The college is popularly known as AMC Dibrugarh. Dibrugarh Medical College is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges in Assam. Earlier the Assam medical college is known as Berry White Medical School, Dibrugarh (Assam).
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details of Assam Medical College like Admission Procedure, Courses, Total Number of seats, Cutoffs, Facilities, Fee Structure, Placement, Review etc.
Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh
|Name of Institute||Assam Medical College Dibrugarh|
|Popular Name||AMC Dibrugarh|
|Location||Barbari, Dibrugarh, Assam 786002|
|Year of Establishment||1947|
|Affiliated to||Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI).|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, MS, PG Diploma|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Assam|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences.
- Approved by:- Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
|MBBS||170||4.5 + 1 Year Internship|
Post Graduate Courses MD/MS
|MD/MS (Anatomy)||6||2 Years|
|M.D. (Anaesthesiology)||16||2 Years|
|M.D. (Biochemistry)||6||2 Years|
|MD (Dermatology)||2||2 Years|
|M.S. (E.N.T.)||3||2 Years|
|M.D. (Forensic Medicine)||2||2 Years|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||23||2 Years|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||22||2 Years|
|M.D. (Microbiology)||4||2 Years|
|MD (Obst. & Gynae)/MS (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)||9||2 Years|
|M.S. (Ophthalmology)||9||2 Years|
|M.S. (Orthopaedics)||11||2 Years|
|M.D. (preventive & social medicine)/ community medicine||4||2 Years|
|M.D. (Paediatrics)||9||2 Years|
|M.D. (Pathology)||7||2 Years|
|M.D. (Pharmacology)||5||2 Years|
|M.D. (Physiology)||5||2 Years|
|M.D. (Psychiatry)||6||2 Years|
|M.D. (Radio-Diagnosis)||9||2 Years|
|M.D. (Radio-Therapy)||1||2 Years|
|Diploma in Anaesthesiology||3||2 Years|
|Diploma in Child Health/ Paediatrics||3||2 Years|
|Diploma in Clinical Pathology||6||2 Years|
|Diploma in Gynae. & Obst.||4||2 Years|
|Diploma in Oto-rhino-laryngology||2||2 Years|
|Diploma in Psychological Medicine / Psychiatric Medicine||2||2 Years|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Note: Students getting admission to Assam Medical College will be required to serve in the state for at least one year and have to furnish an undertaking to this effect and will sign a bond on a non-judicial, If failing to serve your service in this state you have to pay 3 lakh Indian rupees to the institution.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
|Course||Fees (State Quota)||Fees (Out Side Assam)|
|MBBS||Rs. 25,000.00||Rs. 28,000.00|
|Course||Fees (Per Year)|
|PG course||Rs. 25,000.00/-|
- 2,500 (Per semester)
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
NEET 2020 Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying |
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria ||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Assam NEET Counselling 2020
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education Assam to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Assam State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Assam NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Assam NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Assam NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Assam must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.Reporting to
- college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by AMC Dibrugarh the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Assam Medical College Dibrugarh|
We Would like to give this Medical college 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Assam.
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period?
Answer: 0 (Zero).
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 30 days.
Question: In case candidate resigns after the final round of counselling, how much amount a candidate has to pay to the institution?
Answer: 3,00,000/- (3 Lakh)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any chance of medical seat with NEET score of 450 in this college?
Answer: The availability of seats into the college solely depends upon the NEET Cutoff score. Depending upon the number of candidates applied for the test and the observation of the results, it can be said that scoring 450 will create a great chance for the college.
What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Answer: The Free exit in NEET Counselling 2020 means that if a candidate is allotted a seat in the round 1 of NEET 2020 counselling but do not report/join the allotted college then s/he will not be penalised and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counselling.
Question: What are freeze, Float and withdrawal choices shown in NEET counselling 2020 form?
Freeze (lock): A candidate, who is satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him and does not want to be considered for upgradations of the seat in any subsequent rounds of counselling is required to opt for the FREEZE/LOCK option.
Float: A candidate, who wants to confirm the seat presently allotted to him and also at the same time wants to be considered for upgradations of the seat in next Round of counselling on the basis of his/her already filled choices, is required to opt for the FLOAT option.
Withdraw: A candidate, who is not satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him/her and does not want to be considered for allotment in any subsequent rounds of counselling, should opt for the WITHDRAW option.
Question: When will the NEET counselling process start?
Answer: The schedule of the NEET counselling has not been released yet. However, it is likely to start in the second week of June 2020.
If a candidate is allotted a seat in round one but does not join the college then will s/he be considered eligible for the next round?
Answer: If a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET counselling 2020 then s/he will be given a choice to join the allotted college or not. Candidates who will not report or join the allotted college will also be considered eligible for round two.
Who is eligible to take the NEET-PG?
Aspirants who have MBBS degree or Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI and those who have completed an internship or those who are expecting to complete it by March 31 are eligible to take the examination.
What is the test format for NEET-PG?
NEET-PG is conducted as a computer-based test. But it is not internet-based. The student will see questions on the computer screen and will have to answer by selecting the answer from the options given on the screen.
What is the duration and No. of questions of the test?
The duration to complete the exam is of 3 hours and will be conducted in a single session. There will be only one section consisting of 240 questions.
Do I have to report to a particular centre in order to participate in the counselling process of NEET PG 2020?
Answer: The whole counselling process (registration, choice filling and choice locking) is completely online. Candidates can participate in the NEET PG counselling 2020 from any place as convenience where they have access to a good internet connection.
If I have made any mistakes while registering for NEET-PG, can I make changes later to rectify?
Yes, If you have made mistakes to your application data, log in to the NEET-PG registration and scheduling website NBE website and select “Edit Profile” to make changes to your personal details. All the information can be edit except for the name and surname. The ability to edit application profile and application details will be available until the end of the registration window.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!