In recent time, Assam has witnessed an exceptional rise in Medical Colleges. Apart from a list of Government Medical Colleges in Assam, there are several others private medical Colleges in Assam offering High-class Medical studies to the people of northeast. After long research, Our College Ranking and Review team brings a comprehensive list of Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2020-21. The fact is based on annual Rating for Top MBBS Colleges in Assam on their Teaching Methodology/ Contribution in the field of Medical Science.
Every year lakhs of aspirant apply for NEET Medical Entrance Examination to get selected in some of the Top Medical Colleges in Assam. If you too want to pursue MBBS then this article is for you only. Throughout this article, we will let you know with Top MBBS Colleges in Assam. Have a look.
Top MBBS Colleges in Assam 2020-21
Before we discuss Top Medical Colleges in Assam, let us have a look at the eligibility criteria to get admission to these Medical Colleges.
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education, Government of Assam to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Assam State Counselling.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical Colleges in Assam must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
- In the new notification published in February 2019, the CBSE has rolled back the limitation of three attempts and the examination taken in 2019 will be treated as the first attempt irrespective of previous attempts.
- Minimum Age: 17 years at the time of admission in MBBS/BDS Courses.
- Maximum Age: There is no maximum age limit.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology at the qualifying examination. (reservation for SC/ST/OBC candidates according to the government norms)
Top Medical Colleges in Assam
Here is the updated list of all Medical Colleges in Assam officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link.
Tezpur Medical College & Hospital Tejpur (TMCH Tejpur) is a Government medical college which was founded in the year 2013. TMCH Tejpur is a newly established medical college in the state of Assam. Tezpur Medical College is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges of Assam.
The Tezpur Medical College & Hospital located in Tumuki, Bihaguri, adjacent to the AH-15.As per MCI Guidelines, Tezpur College has enrolled or admission only 100 Candidate in a year. The college is affiliated with the Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences. Read more>>
Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College and Hospital (FAAMC Assam) is one of the prestigious Medical College in Assam. FAAMCH Assam is situated in Barpeta Assam which was founded in the year of 2011.
The college has established the name of our former President of India Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed. Barpeta Medical College is the fifth medical college of Assam. it is affiliated with Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences. Read more>>
Jorhat Medical College and Hospital (JMCH Jorhat) government college was established on October 12, 2009, by Dr Manmohan Singh, 13th Prime Minister of India with the aim of providing quality education and healthcare to society. JMCH Jorhat is one of the prestigious Medical College in Assam. The college is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam and approved by Medical Council of India.
The Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH Silchar) is one of the leading Medical College in Assam. SMCH Silchar is founded in the year 1968. The college is popularly known as SMC Silchar. The college has all the potential to emerge as one of the Best MBBS College in Assam.
The SMC Silchar has provided 100 undergraduate courses and Diploma or Post Graduates Courses. it is affiliated with Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences.
The Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH Guwahati) is the second medical college to be established in Assam in the year 1960. Gauhati Medical College is one of the prestigious Medical College in Assam.
The college is popularly known as GMCH Guwahati. GMCH Guwahati offers a 5 1⁄2-year MBBS degree, which includes a one-year internship and it also offers both degree (3-year) and diploma (2-year) postgraduate medical courses. Read more>>
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh (AMC Dibrugarh) was founded in the year 1947 and it is the oldest medical institutes in the North East region of India. The college is popularly known as AMC Dibrugarh. Dibrugarh Medical College is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges in Assam.
Earlier the Assam medical college is known as Berry White Medical School, Dibrugarh (Assam). Read more>>
Scoring High in Entrance Exam like NEET will help you to choose some of the Best MBBS Colleges in Assam. Top Rankers may also avail various Scholarship offered by these colleges.
|Top Colleges in India||Link|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!