Jalpaiguri Government Medical College is a new medical college in the district of Jalpaiguri. It is established in 2022 and is a full-fledged tertiary referral Government Medical college. This new medical college is to admit its first batch of 100 MBBS students in the session 2022-23.
In the article, we will share all the essential details about Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the critical details of the Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri.
|Name of Institute||Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri|
|Popular Name||Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri|
|Location||Jalpaiguri, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2022|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before we discuss this, let us look at the course overview offered at the Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Allotment List||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
The fee structure of the Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
Candidates can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register at the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the priorities in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport-size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri|
Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri
Address: 7, T.B. hospital Para, Jalpaiguri-735101, West Bengal.
Official Website: http://www.sccgmch.ac.in/college.php
West Bengal NEET 2022 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri is 100.
Q. Does Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri.
Q. Can I know the exact location of Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri?
Ans. Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri is located at 7, T.B. hospital Para, Jalpaiguri-735101, West Bengal.
Q. Is the Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri government or private?
Ans. Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri is Government College.
Q. Why do the Tuition Fees of Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri so much?
A. The fees of Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India.
Q. Is a degree from Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri Valid?
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from Jalpaiguri Government Medical College Jalpaiguri will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the system. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.