R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital are one of the oldest medical colleges in Kolkata state of West Bengal though now a government college, it claims to be the first non-governmental medical college to be established in Asia. The College founded in the year of 1916.
- 1 RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- 2 Facilities @ RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- 3 RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata Course
- 4 Admission Process
- 5 RG Kar Medical College Kolkata Fee Structure
- 6 RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata NEET Cut-Off
- 7 Ranking & Reputation
- 8 Contact Details
RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
The college has highly-qualified, determined and devoted teaching staff who always support the student in every field. The institute offers undergraduate seats for MBBS which are recognised by the Medical Council of India. It has the largest government-run hospital in the state of West Bengal, India. R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital completed 100 years of its service in the year 2016 (1916-2016).
The Medical College is among one of the few Govt. Medical Colleges in Kolkata. Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of the RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
|Name of Institute||RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata|
|Popular Name||RG Medical College|
|Location||1, Khudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700004|
|Year of Establishment||1916|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Category||Medical College in West Bengal|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- The Medical College approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
Facilities @ RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- Medical Centers
- Seminar Hall
- Students Placement
- College Student’s Council
- A/c Classrooms
- Biotechnology Facilities
- Community Health Centre
RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata Course
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||150 seats per course||5 years 5 months|
|M.D||5 seats per course||3 years|
|Master of Surgery ( M.S.)||1 seats per course||2 years|
|DM||6 seats per course||3 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Anaesthesiology||4 seats per course||2 years|
- One can apply to the college through their MBBS NEET Medical Entrance Exam Scorecard.
- Applying must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- Educational Qualification: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually with a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST & 45% marks OBC Category) taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Age: 17 years or above as on 31st December of the year of admission
- Graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS)(Specified)
- Passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The student should have qualified D.C.E.C.E(Diploma in Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination) conducted by Bihar Government.
RG Kar Medical College Kolkata Fee Structure
|Course||Fee ( Full Course)||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission |
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||₹45,000||₹6,520|
|Course||AIQ Fees (Annual)||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission|
|Boys and Girls||Campus||12/- Monthly||Available||Available|
RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata NEET Cut-Off
NEET Cut-off 2017
NEET Cut-off 2016
Ranking & Reputation
- The college is one of the premiers Institute of Bengal
- The College was ranked 11th among medical colleges in India in 2017 by India Today
- We would like to give 4.4 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Bengal
|Address||1, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!