RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata are among the oldest medical colleges in Kolkata state of West Bengal, though now a government college. The College was founded in the year of 1916. It was also known as RGKMCH Kolkata. The college has highly qualified, determined and devoted teaching staff who always support students in every field.
This article will provide you with detailed information about RG Kar Medical College Kolkata Fees Structure; Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and coa mplete college review.
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata
RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata are the most premium colleges that provide UG and PG courses.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of the RGKMCH Kolkata.
|Name of Institute||RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata|
|Popular Name||RGKMCH Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1916|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MS, MD|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before discussing, let us look at the course overview offered at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|PG Courses||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||10|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||4|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MD – Forensic Medicine||4|
|MD – General Medicine||14|
|MD – Microbiology||6|
|MD – Paediatrics||11|
|MD – Pathology||8|
|MD – Pharmacology||4|
|MD – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||3|
|MD – Physiology||7|
|MD – Psychiatry||4|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||6|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||5|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||10|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||5|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||25|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||6|
|MS – ENT||6|
|MS – General Surgery||14|
|MS – Orthopaedics||4|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of RGKMCH Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these useful resources about RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata will help you research the college properly.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Allotment List||Click Here|
|MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
|West Bengal MBBS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The fees structure of the RG Kar Medical College Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
PG Courses Fees
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
RGKMCH Kolkata Cutoff 2021
|Category||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
RGKMCH Kolkata Cutoff 2020
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
RGKMCH Kolkata Cutoff 2019
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut-off 2022 (Expected)
|Categories||Cut off percentile|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by RGKMCH Kolkata, the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport-size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||RG Kar Medical College and Hospital Kolkata|
RG Kar Medical College and Hospital
Address: 1, Khudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata-700004
Official Website: http://www.rgkarmch.org/
West Bengal NEET 2022 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in RG Kar Medical College Kolkata?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in RG Kar Medical College Kolkata is 250.
Q. Does RG Kar Medical College Kolkata have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, RG Kar Medical College Kolkata does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do RG Kar Medical College Kolkata provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to RG Kar Medical College Kolkata?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to RG Kar Medical College Kolkata.
Q. Can I know the exact location of RG Kar Medical College Kolkata?
Ans. RG Kar Medical College Kolkata is located at 1 Khudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata-700004.
Q. Is the RG Kar Medical College Kolkata government or private?
Ans. RG Kar Medical College Kolkata is Government College.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for RG Kar Medical College Kolkata?
A. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 630+ will help you to get to Government Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do the Tuition Fees of RG Kar Medical College Kolkata so much?
A. The fees of RG Kar Medical College Kolkata are the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of RG Kar Medical College Kolkata, then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at RG Kar Medical College Kolkata.
Q. Is a degree from RG Kar Medical College Kolkata Valid?
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from RG Kar Medical College Kolkata will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after the completion of the course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India.
Click here for more Education News