College of Medicine & Sagore Dutta Hospital Kolkata run by the government of West Bengal in Kolkata. The college situated at Kamarhati, in the suburbs of Kolkata was founded in the year 2010. It was also known as CMSDH Kolkata.
The college was famous to provide word class healthcare and excellent knowledge. Sagar Dutta Medical College started MBBS courses from 2011 to reduce the shortfall of doctors in the state.
The College is affiliated with West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata and Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital Kolkata
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of the CMSDH Kolkata.
|Name of Institute||College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital, Kolkata|
|Popular Name||CMSDH Kolkata, Sagar Dutta Medical College|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2011|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facility||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical College in West Bengal|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Sagar Dutta Medical College Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Medical Centers
- Seminar Hall
- Students Placement
- College Student’s Council
- A/c Classrooms
- Biotechnology Facilities
- Community Health Centre
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||100||4.6 Years+ 1 Year Internship|
Faculty & Staff
Before taking admission in any College, It is important to know about all facility which is provided by colleges such as faculty experience, study environment, infrastructure etc. Top Medical College in India means not only the best infrastructure but the good education, well-educated faculty. In order to compete on an international stage in the field of Hospitality Education – modern equipment, up-to-date curriculum and dedicated faculty are essential and imperative to attain and maintain global standards. CMSDH Kolkata provides the best teaching faculty with good education and basic health care facilities to the students.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Note: All students have to execute a bond on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10.00 that if they discontinue the course any time after final counselling, they have to pay Rupees One lakh only
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
The fees structure of The Sagar Dutta Medical College Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
*Amount to be paid at a time of Admission(Rs): 6,520/-
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
Cut off 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
West Bengal NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 West Bengal State Counselling.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
Type of NEET Counselling
NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges
Respective State Counselling Authorities
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in West Bengal must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||CMSDH Kolkata|
- The college is one of the Premieres Medical Institute of West Bengal.
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in West Bengal.
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period?
Answer: 0 (Zero).
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 0 days.
Question: In case candidate resigns after the final round of counselling, how much amount a candidate has to pay to the institution?
Answer: 1 Lakhs/-
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!