Medical College and Hospital(MCH Kolkata) is an autonomous government body founded in 1838. Medical Collegesand Hospital Kolkata were formerly known as Medical College Bengal. Medical College and Hospital Kolkata are one of the Excellent education hubs; over the years, the college has emerged as a centre of excellence for higher education in medical science in the state. The College provides an excellent, fully furnished hostel for boys and girls.
Hey, Students if you are interested in admission from Medical College and Hospital Kolkata, then you should know about Medical College and Hospital Kolkata Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut Off, Facilities available and complete MCH Kolkata Address & more!
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Medical College and Hospital Kolkata
Medical College and Hospital Kolkata hold the distinction of being the first medical college in Asia. MCH Kolkata was established on 28 January 1835 by Lord William Bentinck during British Raj as Medical College, Bengal.
The medical college is among the few Government Medical Colleges in Kolkata. Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of the MCH Kolkata Medical College.
|Name of Institute||Medical College and Hospital Kolkata|
|Popular Name||MCH Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1838|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MS, MD|
|Hostel Facility||Yes(Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
These are Medical College and Hospital Kolkata Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested to study or already studying from MCH Kolkata:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
MCH Kolkata offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
MCH Kolkata provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
If you are interested in pursuing MBBS from MCH Kolkata, then you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the college is offering. MCH Kolkata MBBS Seats is 100.
MCH Kolkata provides quality education and offers the following PG courses, which have a total yearly intake.
|PG Courses||3 Years|
If you are interested in pursuing PG from MCH Kolkata, then you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the college is offering.
|MD – General Medicine||23|
|MD – Forensic Medicine||4|
|MD – Paediatrics||12|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||8|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3|
|MS – Orthopaedics||4|
|MS – ENT||6|
|MS – General Surgery||21|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||22|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||22|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||6|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||6|
|MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||4|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||5|
|MD – Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||17|
|MD – Microbiology||2|
|MD – Physiology||4|
|MD – Pathology||9|
We will let you know about MCH Kolkata MBBS Syllabus in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
For students interested in pursuing MBBS from MCH Kolkata are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessary is mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Medical College and Hospital Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Medical College and Hospital Kolkata is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Medical College and Hospital will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
|West Bengal MBBS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The fees structure of The MCH Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Particular||State Quota Fees(Annual)|
|Tuition Fee(6 months)||4500/-|
- Amount to be paid during admission time 6520/-
- In case of Discontinuation Penalty Rs.1,00,000/- to be given.
- Hostel Fee Rs. 21/- Per Month
MCH Kolkata-PG Courses Fees
|Courses||1 Year||2 Year||3 Year|
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Expected)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|General||50th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||To be announced|
|General-PwD||45th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC-PwD||40th percentile||To be announced|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (Expected)
|Categories||Cut off percentile|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the online portal selections.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by MCH Kolkata, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
This section shows MCH Kolkata Ranking & its reputation all across the state of West Bengal & in India:-
|Name of Institute||Medical College and Hospital Kolkata|
Medical College and Hospital Kolkata
MCH Kolkata Address: Medical College Kolkata, 88, College St, College Square, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073
Official Website: https://www.medicalcollegekolkata.in/
West Bengal NEET 2022 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in Medical College and Hospital Kolkata is 250.
Ans. Yes, Medical College and Hospital Kolkata do have hostel facilities provided.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Medical College and Hospital Kolkata.
Ans. Medical College and Hospital Kolkata are located at Medical College Kolkata, 88, College St, College Square, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073.
Ans. Medical College and Hospital Kolkata are Government College.
A. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 630+ will help you get Government Medical College in the state.
A. The fees of Medical College and Hospital Kolkata are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of Medical College and Hospital Kolkata, the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from Medical College and Hospital Kolkata.
A. Yes. Of course. You were studying MBBS from N.R.S. Medical College Kolkata will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the course. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.