Medical College and Hospital (MCH Kolkata) is Government autonomous body was founded in the year 1835. Medical College and Hospital Kolkata were formerly known as Medical College, Bengal. MCH has highly-qualified, determined and devoted teaching staff who always support the student in every field. The Medical College is holding the distinction of being the first medical college in Asia.
Medical College and Hospital Kolkata is one of the Excellent education hub, Over the years, the college has emerged as a centre of excellence for higher education in medical science, in the state. The College provides an excellent full furnished hostel for both boys and girls.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
- 1 Medical College and Hospital Kolkata
Medical College and Hospital Kolkata
The medical college is among one of the few Government Medical Colleges in Kolkata. Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of the MCH Kolkata Medical College.
|Name of Institute||Medical College, Kolkata|
|Popular Name||MCH Kolkata|
|Year of Establishment||1835|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Category||Medical College in West Bengal|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Medical College and Hospital Kolkata Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- MCH Kolkata is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI)
- It is Govt. College.
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities @ MCH Kolkata
- Medical Centers
- Seminar Hall
- Students Placement
- College Student’s Council
- A/c Classrooms
- Computer lab
- OPD-Indoor Services
- Accident & Emergency Department
- Diagnostic Services
- Blood BankRegional Cancer Center
- ICUsSuper Speciality Centre
- Drug de-addiction & Treatment Centre
- 24 Hour Help Line
- Biotechnology Facilities
- Community Health Centre
Courses by MCH Kolkata
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||N/A||5 Years|
|Doctorate of Medicine (M.D)||N/A||3 years|
|Master of Surgery (M.S.)||N/A||3 years|
|Master of Chirurgiae (M.CH)||N/A||3 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma||N/A||1 year|
- One can apply to the college through their MBBS NEET Medical Entrance Exam Scorecard.
- Applying must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
For UG Course
- Educational Qualification: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually with a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST & 45% marks OBC Category) taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Age: 17 years or above as on 31st December of the year of admission.
For PG Course
- Graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS)(Specified)
For Diploma Course
- Passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The student should have qualified D.C.E.C.E(Diploma in Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination) conducted by Bihar Government.
MCH Kolkata Fee structure
|COURSE||FEE ( Full course)||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission|
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||₹45,000||₹6,520|
|Course||AIQ Fees (Annual)||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission|
|Boys and Girls||In Campus||12/- Per Month||Available||Available||Available||Available|
MCH Kolkata NEET Cut-off
NEET 2017 Cutoff for MCH Kolkata
NEET 2016 Cutoff for MCH Kolkata
Ranking & Reputation
- MCH Kolkata is one of the premiers Institute of Kolkata, Bengal
- The medical college was ranked 15th among medical colleges in India in 2017 by Outlook India
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Bengal
|Address||88, College Street, Calcutta Medical College, College Square, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073|
|Phone||033 2212 3853|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!