Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata is one of the prestigious private medical colleges in Kolkata, established in 2018. The College is Popularly Known as JIMSH Kolkata. JIMSH Kolkata has been issued a Letter of Permission by the Medical Council of India to start a medical college with 150 seats for MBBS, 30 seats for General Nursing and midwifery and 30 seats for paramedical courses under the State Medical Faculty.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital, Kolkata Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata
Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata is one of the most premium colleges that provide UG courses.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of the JIMSH Kolkata.
|College Name||Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital, Kolkata|
|Popular Name||JIMSH Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal University of health sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before discussing, let us look at the courses overview offered in Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you about JIMSH Kolkata MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of JIMSH Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these useful resources about Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
|West Bengal MBBS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The fees structure of the JIMSH Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|For JIMSH||For MBBS seats to be filled up by the State Quota through the rules of reservation as applicable (NEET-UG Qualified)||For MBBS seats to be filled up by the Management Quota (NEET-UG Qualified)|
|Tuition fee per Semester (Rs)||1,58,000||6,34,000|
|Admission fee (Rs.)||50,000||1,00,000|
|Caution Money (refundable) (Rs.)||15,000||15,000|
|1. TRIPLE NON -AC-1,20,000 par Ann.||10,000 Par Month|
|2. TRIPLE AC- 1,44,000 par Ann.||12,000 Par Month|
|3. SINGLE AC- 1,80,000 par Ann.||15,000 Par Month|
|4. HOSTEL CAUTION (REFUNDABLE)-||25,000 /-|
BANK GUARANTEE & BOND AMOUNT:
- For Government Quota: Rs 12,64,000/-
- For Management Quota: Rs 50,72,000/-
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET Cutoff scores – 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
|Category||2021 Cutoff (Expected)||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||160-130||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||140-110||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||135-110||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||130-110||128-113||119-107|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
JIMSH Kolkata Cutoff 2019
NEET PG Cutoff 2021( Announced)
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
West Bengal NEET Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 West Bengal State Counselling.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2021
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital Kolkata|
Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital, Kolkata
Address: K.P.Mondal Road, Buita, Budge Budge Kolkata – 700 137,
West Bengal, India
Phone No: (+91) (033) 2482 3500
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Bengal NEET 2021 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in JIMSH Kolkata is 150.
Ans. Yes, JIMSH Kolkata does have hostel facilities provided.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to JIMSH Kolkata.
Ans. JIMSH Kolkata is located at K.P.Mondal Road, Buita, Budge Budge Kolkata – 700 137,
West Bengal, India.
Ans. JIMSH Kolkata is Private College.