Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata is one of the prestigious private medical colleges in Kolkata, established in 2018. The College is Popularly Known as JIMSH Kolkata. The JIMS Kolkata is affiliated to West Bengal University of health sciences, Kolkata and it is Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
JIMS Kolkata has been issued Letter of Permission by the Medical Council of India for the starting of a medical college with 150 seats for MBBS, 30 seats for General Nursing and midwifery and 30 seats for paramedical courses under the State Medical Faculty.
Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of the JIMSH Kolkata.
|College Name||Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital Kolkata|
|Popular Name||JIMSH Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal University of health sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Category||Medical College in West Bengal|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital, Kolkata Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- West Bengal University of health sciences, Kolkata(W.B.U.H.S)
- Approved by:- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Teaching Manpower
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|B.Sc in Nursing||2 Years|
|GNM (General Nursing & Midwifery)||3 Years|
|DMLT(Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)||2 Years|
Faculty & Staff
Before taking admission in any College, It is important to know about all facility which is provided by colleges such as faculty experience, study environment, infrastructure etc. Top Medical College in India means not only the best infrastructure but the good education, well-educated faculty. In order to compete on an international stage in the field of Hospitality Education – modern equipment, up-to-date curriculum and dedicated faculty are essential and imperative to attain and maintain global standards. JIMSH Kolkata provides the best teaching faculty with good education and basic health care facilities to the students.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
The fees structure of The JIMSH Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|For JIMSH||For MBBS seats to be filled up by the State Quota through the rules of reservation as applicable (NEET-UG Qualified)||For MBBS seats to be filled up by the Management Quota (NEET-UG Qualified)|
|Tuition fee per Semester (Rs)||1,58,000||6,34,000|
|Admission fee (Rs.)||50,000||1,00,000|
|Caution Money (refundable) (Rs.)||15,000||15,000|
B.Sc Nursing Fees
|Students’ Welfare, Games and Sports Fee||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||20,000.00|
1. TRIPLE NON -AC-1,20,000 PER ANNUM ( 10,000/MONTH)
2. TRIPLE AC- 1,44,000 PER ANNUM ( 12,000/ MONTH)
3. SINGLE AC- 1,80,000 PER ANNUM ( 15,000/ MONTH)
4. HOSTEL CAUTION (REFUNDABLE)-
A) 25,000 (ONE TIME FOR AC SINGLE ROOM)
B) 15,000 (ONE TIME FOR AC/NON AC TRIPLE ROOM)
* INCLUDING FOOD
**ELECTRICITY BILL WILL BE SEPARATE
BANK GUARANTEE & BOND AMOUNT:
- For Government Quota: Rs 12,64,000/-
- For Management Quota: Rs 50,72,000/-
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
West Bengal NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 West Bengal State Counselling.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
Type of NEET Counselling
NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges
DGHS, on behalf of MCC
NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges
Respective State Counselling Authorities
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in West Bengal must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||JIMSH Kolkata|
- It is one of the premier Medical College in Kolkata.
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Medical College in West Bengal.
Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital, Kolkata
Address: K.P.Mondal Road, Buita, Budge Budge Kolkata – 700 137,
West Bengal, India
Phone No: (+91) (033) 2482 3500
Email Id: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!