Gauhati Medical College and Hospital is the second medical college to be established in Assam in the year 1960. It is one of the prestigious Medical College in Assam. The college is popularly known as GMCH Guwahati and it is located in Guwahati, Assam, India. GMCH Guwahati is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences and approved by the NMC. Gauhati Medical College and Hospital is one of the most popular Medical Colleges in Assam.
- NEET Rank Predictor 2021: NEET UG Rank Calculator Predict My NEET 2021 Rank
- September 19, 2021 Now you can get latest NEET Updates on Telegram Subscribe
- September 14, 2021 Phase 2 Registration Before Results, Application form will be available soon
- September 12, 2021 NEET 2021 Answers Key Released by various Institute Check Here
In the article, We are going to share all the essential details of GMCH Guwahati like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, and other details.
पाए इस Medical College के लिए Counselling Service: +91-9873056333
|[ Page Index ]|
1. GMCH Guwahati College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fees Structure
7. Counseling Procedure
8. Ranking & Reputation
9. Contact Details
10. Frequent Ask Questions
Gauhati Medical College Guwahati
Gauhati Medical College stands as the first Medical College in Assam. It was formally established on 3rd Nov. 1947. It is situated in Guwahati, Assam.
Before we go to complete the college review, let us have a look at the major details of Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati.
|Name of Institute||Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati|
|Popular Name||GMCH Guwahati|
|Location||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Year of Establishment||1960|
|Affiliated to||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, M.S, M.D, M. CH, Diploma|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male & Female)|
|NEET Study Materials||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Crash Course|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Assam|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS).
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
GMCH Guwahati offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||200||4.6 Years + 1 Year Internship|
The Student applying for the GMCH Guwahati medical college must have a look at the courses offered along with the intake and course duration.
|Anatomy||6||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Anesthesiology||10||3 Years||6||2 Years|
|Biochemistry||5||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Community Medicine||6||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Dermatology||5||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Emergency & Critical Care||4||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|ENT||6||3 Years||2||2 Years|
|Forensic Medicine||3||3 Years||2||2 Years|
|Medicine||22||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Microbiology||7||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Obstetrics & Gyne.||18||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Opthalmology||7||3 Years||4||2 Years|
|Orthopedics||11||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Pathology||7||3 Years||4||2 Years|
|Pediatrics||5||3 Years||4||2 Years|
|Pharmacology||3||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Physiology||8||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Psychiatry||6||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Radio Diagnosis||8||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|Surgery||19||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|T.B. & Resp. Medicine||4||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|M.ch. Plastic Surgery||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|M.ch. Pediatric Surgery||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|M.ch. Cardio-Thoracic Surgery||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|M.ch. Urology||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|M.ch. Neurosurgery||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|DM Neurology||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|DM Endocrinology||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|DM Cardiology||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
|DM Nephrology||2||3 Years||–||2 Years|
Post Doctoral Education
The Student applying for the GMCH Guwahati medical college must have a look at the courses offered along with the intake.
Faculty & Staff
GMCH Guwahati provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambiance of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Admission to various Programmes at GMCH Guwahati is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college then these useful resources about Gauhati Medical College Guwahati (GMCH Guwahati) will help you to do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET-PG Eligibility Criteria
|Assam NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Assam NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Assam NEET PG Counselling
|Assam NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Assam NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Assam Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|For MBBS Counselling Assistant|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?|
The Fee Structure is the GMCH Guwahati for the Undergraduate Medical and Postgraduate course is mentioned below:
|Annual Fee for AIQ Candidates (₹)||31000|
|Amount to be paid at the time of Admission (Rs)||30,000|
|The Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling (Rs)||3100|
**Examination Fees Rs.5000/- if your 12th is from Assam itself, whereas 15000 if you are an outstate 12th pass out.**
|Amount to be forfeited in case of resigning(not upgraded) seat during round 2 or non- joining / not reporting during Round – 2 / Mop – UP / Stray Vacancy Round of counselling||For AIQ/Central University/Central Institute/ESIC:- Rs 25,000/- (For Category: UR), Rs 10, 000 / -(For Category: SC / ST / OBC / PWD / EWS),For Deemed Universities——Rs 2,00,000 / –|
* Fee will be updated soon…
Hostel and Mess Fees
- 1000/- hostel admission fees and Rs. 1300-1800 mess charges.
NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance [MBBS in India] (Call Now):- 9873-056-333
Want to Study in Top Medical Colleges Abroad? (Call Now):- 9999-709-233
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
NOTE:- Check the various Top scholarship scheme in India
|Central Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Top Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Assam Scholarship Scheme||Click Here|
Apart from these scholarship schemes, one can also apply for various educational loan offered by banks in India. You may also check these popular educational loans.
|Banks of India||Links Here|
|State Bank of India||Click Here|
|HDFC Bank||Click Here|
|Punjab National Bank||Click Here|
|Axis Bank||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank||Click Here|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2021 Expected Cutoff
|Category||NEET 2021 cutoff|
NEET 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||720-147|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
Category wise No. of Candidates qualifying the test, based on qualifying criteria of NEET (UG)-2020
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||133-120||266||146-129||99|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||142||128-113||233|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||32||128-113||70|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||14||128-113||18|
NEET Cutoff scores – 2020 vs 2019
|Category||Cutoff percentile||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
NOTE: To get more details about Assam NEET Cut-off 2021, CLICK HERE
NEET Previous Year Cut off
The NEET 2021 will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and the last year admission record. Check out the NEET Cutoff.
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
All India Quota 2019 Cutoff Rank (Assam)
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
State Domicile 2019 Cutoff Rank (Assam)
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati
|Name of College||UR||OBC/ MOBC||SC||ST Plain||ST Hill||EWS||PWD|
|Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati||950||657||688||1498||2526||–||4473|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2020
|Category||Old cutoff percentile||Old Cutoff score (out of 1200)||Revised cutoff percentile||Revised Cutoff (out of 1200)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||366||30th percentile||275 – Latest|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||319||20th percentile||230 – Latest|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||342||25th percentile||252- Latest|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||319||20th percentile||230- Latest|
NOTE: To Check the Assam 2020, 2019, 2018 Cutoff
(College-wise, category-wise), Click Here
Assam NEET Counselling 2021
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education Assam to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Assam State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Assam NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Assam NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Assam NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2021 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
NOTE: To get more details about Assam NEET-UG 2021 Counselling CLICK HERE
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Assam must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counseling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.Reporting to
- college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counseling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Other Nearest States Counselling Procedure
|Arunachal Pradesh NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Meghalaya NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Tripura NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by GMCH Guwahati the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
Other Nearest States Counselling Procedure
|Arunachal Pradesh NEET PG Counselling||Click here|
|Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling||Click here|
|Tripura NEET PG Counselling||Click here|
NOTE: To get more details about Assam NEET-PG 2021 Counselling CLICK HERE
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
Gauhati Medical College and Hospital College is one of the best MBBS institutes in Assam.
|Name of Institute||Gauhati Medical College and Hospital Guwahati|
|Review this College||Click Here|
Gauhati Medical College and Hospital Guwahati
Address: Narakasur Hilltop, Bhangagarh, Guwahati-781032, Assam, India
Phone: 0361 252 9457
NEET 2021 Admission Support
|LIVE NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance|
|Talk to NEET Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?|
|Admission 2021 Help Desk|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. There are 2 types of Courses in GMCH:-
1. Graduate – MBBS , Post Graduate – MD,MS.
A. This college is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences and approved by the Medical Council of India.
A. The time taken with UG course is 5.5 years (including 1 year of internship) and for PG course, it takes 3 years.
A. The total fees for UG Courses is Rs. 31,000 Approx. and for PG Courses:-
1st Year – Rs. 48,000
2nd Year – Rs. 49,500
3rd Year – Rs. 51,000
A. For Undergraduate Courses, a candidate requires 10+2 with PCB as main subjects and for Postgraduate Courses, a MBBS Degree from a recognized university.
A. The address of GMCH is GMCH Complex, GMC Hospital Rd, Bhangagarh, Guwahati, Assam 781032.
A. There are total number of 200 seats available for MBBS Course in GMCH.