Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Bihar. The college is popularly known as Buddha Dental College Patna and was founded in the year 1984. The college is affiliated with Magadh University and is approved by Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
The College was established with an objective of fortification the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Now the college has become synonyms with one of the Best Dental Colleges in Kankarbagh.
Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh.
|College Name||Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh|
|Popular Name||Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh, BIDSH Kankarbagh, Kankarbagh dental college|
|Affiliated to||Magadh University|
|Affiliated by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Courses offered|| |
|Category||Dental College In Bihar|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Buddha Dental College Patna (BIDSH Kankarbagh) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– Magadh University
- Approved by: –DCI
- Aid Status:– Private
- Academic Block
- Hospital Block
- Lecture Halls
- Examination Hall
- Sporting Excellence
- Looking beyond academics
- Ragging & Tobacco-Free Campus
Dental Chairs Details
|No.Of Dental Chairs||Academic Year|
|No. of Boy’s Hostels||Total Capacity||No. Of Girl’s Hostels||Total Capacity||Academic Year|
Course Essential Certificates
|Course Name||Speciality||Certificate Type||Letter No||Issue Date||Issuing Authority|
|BDS||N/A||State/UT Essentiality Letter||326(1)||21 Jun 2005||Govt. of Bihar|
|BDS||N/A||LOP of Central Govt.||C.13013/44/2002-DE||13 Jul 2007||Govt. of India|
|BDS||N/A||IInd Year Renewal of Permission||C.13013/44/2002-DE||08 Jul 2008||Govt. of India|
|BDS||N/A||IVth Year Renewal of Permission||C.13013/44/2002-DE||14 Jun 2010||Govt. of India|
|BDS||N/A||Recognition Letter||C.13013/44/2002-DE||22 Nov 2011||Govt. of India|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry||State/UT Essentiality Letter||1/MISLE-1-4-2002-417||24 Jun 2011||Govt. of Bihar|
|MDS||Oral Medicine||State/UT Essentiality Letter||1/MISLE-1-4-2002-417||24 Jun 2011||Govt. of Bihar|
|MDS||Oral Pathology||State/UT Essentiality Letter||1/MISLE-1-4-2002-417||24 Jun 2011||Govt. of Bihar|
|MDS||Orthodontics||State/UT Essentiality Letter||1/MISLE-1-4-2002-417||24 Jun 2011||Govt. of Bihar|
|MDS||Pedodontics||State/UT Essentiality Letter||1/MISLE-1-4-2002-417||24 Jun 2011||Govt. of Bihar|
Courses Offered & Seat Details (Intake Capacity)
|Course||Specialty||Academic Year||Approved Seats||Recognised Seats||Ews Seats||Intake Capacity||Permitted Seats||Admitted Seats|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||2019-20||0||3||3||3||3|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG dental Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG dental Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have a BDS degree from a dental college recognized by DCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
|Course||Average Fee (Per Year)|
|MDS||Prosthodontics & Crown Bridge||560000|
|MDS||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||5,60,000|
|MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||5,60,000|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||5,60,000|
|MDS||Pedondontics & Preventive Dentistry||5,60,000|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||3,10,000|
|MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||3,10,000|
|MDS||Oral Pathology & Microbiology||3,10,000|
Note: The fixed fee includes the 90,000 stipend amount.
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
Bihar NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board registered for NEET 2020 Bihar State Counselling.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Bihar NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Bihar must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Bihar.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Top BDS College in Bihar
Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh
Address: West of T.V. Tower, Gandhi Nagar Kankarbagh, Patna, Bihar-800020
Telephone No: 0612235442
Mobile No: 9431009958
Email Id: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.bidsh.org/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: Who is eligible for NEET-UG 15% All India Quota Counseling?
Ans: All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (NTA) except J&K. Eligible candidates may download the Rank letter/ Result from NTA website. The cutoff rank of eligible candidates is also available on this website under the heading of notice. For this year cut off rank for 15% All India Quota is same as that of MCI/DCI cutoff Read Also
Q.2: Who is eligible for Deemed Universities Counseling?
Ans: All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG conducted by the NTA. Including candidates from J&K.
Q.3: Who are Eligible for Central Universities Counseling?
Ans: 1) Delhi University: – 15% Seats will be contributed to All India
Quota & for the rest 85% seats, candidates who have studied 11th & 12th grade in Delhi are eligible for Institutional Quota of 85%.
2) Aligarh Muslim University (AMU):- will have 50% Institutional reservation for the
candidates who have studied from their schools for the last 3 years. The rest 50% of seats will be open to all eligible candidates for NEET.
3) BHU:- The Eligibility criteria for BHU, will be all candidates who are eligible for NEET
counselling will be eligible to participate in BHU Counseling for all seats of BHU.
4) Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: 03 seats of BDS are under
the internal quota of Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi and 47 (forty-seven) seats of BDS as per the category mentioned in seat matrix are open to all.
5) VMMC & SJH: 15% +AIR seats of Institute Quota for AIQ and rest for candidates of
Delhi who have studied 11th and 12th standard in Delhi
Q4: How do I get a password for logging in?
Ans: During the process of online registration you will generate a password as per password policy, which will be shown to you when you register and create a password. Please remember your password till the end of All India Quota admission process; otherwise, you will not be able to participate in the counselling/admission process.
Q.5: How much time will I be given to join the allotted college?
Ans: Candidates allotted seats will be required to join the allotted college/course within stipulated time which is mentioned in counselling schedule. In some of the colleges/ universities,2-3 days’ time is required to complete admission formalities. Therefore, candidates are advised to contact allotted college immediately after the declaration of result of counselling allotment process, to know the details. If the candidate fails to join the allotted Medical/Dental College within a stipulated time, then the allotted seat will be cancelled.
Q.6: What documents are required at the time of online counselling?
Ans: Since it is an online allotment (Online Counseling) process, no documents will be required for participating in the online allotment process during the Registration process.
Q.7: Is it necessary to join allotted Medical/Dental College of Round 1 to get a chance to participate in Round 2?
Ans: No candidates need not report or join the allotted college of Round 1 since there is a free exit. However, if they want to hold the Round 1 seat they can join the college of Round 1 and give up-gradation willingness for Round 2.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!