Government Medical College Sindhudurg is one of the best government medical colleges in Maharashtra. GMC Sindhudurg is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and it was established in 2021. A total number of 100 MBBS seats would be added to the medical college, which had faced a roadblock after NMC had halted its approval last year.
In the article, we will share all the essential details about GMC Sindhudurg like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of GMC Sindhudurg.
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Sindhudurg|
|Popular Name||GMC Sindhudurg|
|Location||Sindhudurg, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Maharashtra|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (MALE AND FEMALE)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Maharashtra NEET 2021 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour HI.C.U.sLine||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
GMC Sindhudurg provides quality education and offers the following UG Courses.
Here this selection, we will let you about the GMC Sindhudurg MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postinO.P.D.snwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(AE.N.T.siology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the GMC Sindhudurg Sciences Imphal, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programs at GMC Sindhudurg is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these Useful Resources about GMC Sindhudurg will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Procedure||UG Course- NEET UG |
PG Courses: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses- NEET-UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Maharashtra NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses– Maharastra NEET UG Counselling|
For PG Courses: Maharashtra NEET PG Counselling
|Maharashtra NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Medical Colleges Fees Structure||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Maharashtra||Click Here|
The fee structure of GMC Sindhudurg for various UG Course are mentioned below.
|Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||1,03,900/-|
|Library Deposit (Refundable)||2,000/-|
|Library Fee (Per Annum)||1,000/-|
|Admission Fees ( One time)||1,500/|
|Development Fee (Per Annum)||5,000/-|
|Gymkhana Fees (Per Annum)||500/-|
|Hostel Rent (Per Annum)||4,000/-|
|Eligibility Fee (One time)||2,600/|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counseling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2021
A candidate can visit the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra’s official portal, to get themselves registered for Maharashtra State NEET UG Counselling 2021. But, first, let’s speak about the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2021.
- Registration Process: Applicants have to register online for the counselling process fill in all the required details in the form carefully.
- Provisional Merit List: After successful completion of the registration process, a merit list will be prepared.
- Document Verification Process: Shortlisted applicants will be able to proceed with the document verification process; you have to choose any one centre for document verification at the time of registration.
- Choice Filling Process: Applicants can fill in their choices/preference through online mode.
- Seat Allotment: Applicants will be selected based on merit, preferences filled by them and availability of seats.
- Reporting Process: As per the seat allotment, you must report to the allotted college and carry their original documents and their photocopies at the allotted college on the prescribed date and timing.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Grant Medical College Mumbai|
Address: Near Civil Hospital, A/p.Oras , Tal. Kudal Dist.Sindhudurg.
Contact No – 02362228377
Email – email@example.com
Official Website: http://gmcsindhudurg.org/
Maharashtra NEET 2021 Admission Support
|Maharashtra NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The annual intake of GMC Sindhudurg is 100 per year.
Ans. Yes, in GMC Sindhudurg, both girls and boys can take admission.
Ans. Yes, it is a government college affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, and it is approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC)
Ans. Yes, GMC Sindhudurg has a separate hostel for girls.
Ans. They provide world-class facilities to students including Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Hospital, Transport, Computer labs etc.
Ans. GMC Sindhudurg, Address: Near Civil Hospital, A/p.Oras , Tal. Kudal Dist.Sindhudurg.
Ans. Students have to qualify for NEET-UG 2021 to get admission to this prestigious college.
Ans. No, it is not a private college.
Ans. No, this college is for both men and women.
Ans. The full form of GMC Sindhudurg is Government Medical College Sindhudurg.