Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research Kolkata is situated in Kolkata near the Race Course ground and the Victoria Memorial Hall. IPGMER Kolkata provides world-class education and Modern health care. The college was founded in 1957 to Provide high-quality education and an excellent atmosphere. It is one of the most sought colleges in the state and neighbouring states.
This article will provide you with detailed information about IPGME&R Kolkata fee structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and a complete college review.
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Kolkata
Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Kolkata are one of the most premium colleges that provide UG and PG courses.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of the IPGMER Kolkata.
|Name of Institute||Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Kolkata|
|Popular Name||IPGME&R Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1957|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MS, MD|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2023 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2023 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Technical Issues||Internet Facility|
The following facilities are provided by the college:
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before we discuss, let us look at the course overview offered at the IPGMER Kolkata.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||5|
|MD – Anesthesiology||14|
|MD – Biochemistry||7|
|MS – E.N.T.||8|
|MD – General Medicine||15|
|MS – General Surgery||19|
|MD – Microbiology||4|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||5|
|MD – OBS/Gynae||16|
|MS – Orthopaedics||6|
|MD – Pharmacology||6|
|MD – Preventive Medicine||8|
|MD – Paediatrics||9|
|MD – Pathology||10|
|MD – Pharmacology||6|
|MD – Physiology||5|
|MD – (Physical Med.& Rehabilitation)||6|
|MD – Psychiatry||10|
|MD – (Radio-Diagnosis)||12|
|MD – (Radio-Therapy)||10|
|MD – (Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases)/Pulmonary Med./MD (Res. Med.)||3|
We will let you know about the IPGMER Kolkata MBBS Syllabus in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here.|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics, Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics),
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|OBS./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of IPGMER Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices.
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education.
- To promote efficient use of available resources.
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audits.
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research.
Admission to various Programmes at the Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research Kolkata is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, this valuable Information about the Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research Kolkata will help you research the college properly.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2023 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2023 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2023 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2023 Seat Allotment List||Click Here|
|MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
|West Bengal MBBS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The fee structure of the IPGMER Kolkata for the undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
PG Courses Fees
NOTE: The mentioned fee is subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2023 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and the state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2023 UG Percentile & Scores
|Categories||NEET Cut-off Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|UR/EWS||50th Percentile||720 – 137|
|OBC/SC/ST||40th Percentile||136 – 107|
|UR/EWS & PH||45th Percentile||136 – 121|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 – 108|
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
IPGMER Kolkata Cutoff 2021
|Category||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
IPGMER Kolkata Cutoff 2020
|Category||Rank 1||Rank 2|
IPGMER Kolkata Cutoff 2019
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission to all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut-off 2022
|Categories||Cut off percentile|
Graphical Representation of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
West Bengal NEET 2023 Counselling Process
Candidates can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2023 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
The following steps will be followed during the counselling procedure:-
1. Candidate Registration: Register at the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the priorities in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to Round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to Round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by IPGMER Kolkata, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- NEET UG 2023 Admit Card
- NEET 2023 score card with All India Rank
- Provisional Allotment Letter generated online
- Domicile Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class X/XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Passport-size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate
- NEET PG 2023 Provisional Allotment Letter
- NEET PG Admit Card and Mark Sheet
- Medical Registration Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- X/XII Marksheet
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt (If applicable)
- Passport size Photographs
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||IPGMER Kolkata|
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Kolkata
Address: Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (IPGME&R),244 Acharya J.C. Bose Road, Kolkata 700020 (West Bengal) Kolkata
Director: Prof (Dr.) Manimoy Bandopadhyay, MBBS, MS
West Bengal NEET 2023 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2023 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2023 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in IPGMER Kolkata?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in IPGMER Kolkata is 200.
Q. Does IPGMER Kolkata have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, IPGMER Kolkata does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do IPGMER Kolkata provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to IPGMER Kolkata?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to IPGMER Kolkata.
Q. Can I know the exact location of IPGMER Kolkata?
Ans. IPGMER Kolkata is located at O/o Director, IPGME&R, Kolkata 4th floor, Academic Building 244 A.J.C. Bose Road, Kolkata – 700 020.
Q. Is the IPGMER Kolkata government or private?
Ans. IPGMER Kolkata is Government College.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for IPGMER Kolkata?
A. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 630+ will help you get to Government Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do the Tuition Fees of IPGMER Kolkata so much?
A. The fees of IPGMER Kolkata are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of IPGMER Kolkata, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at IPGMER Kolkata.
Q. Is a degree from IPGMER Kolkata Valid?
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from IPGMER Kolkata will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the system. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.