H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla are one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. The college is popularly known as HPGDC Shimla and was founded in the year 1994. The college is affiliated with the Himachal Pradesh University and is approved by Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. The college was established with an objective of fortification the weakest section of the Nation.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla (HPGDC Shimla) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Below we have mentioned the NEET UG 2020 Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET 2020 exam.
H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of HPGDC Shimla.
|College Name||H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla|
|Popular Name||HPGDC Shimla, H.P. Dental College|
|Location||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Affiliated to||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India(DCI)|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College in Himachal Pradesh|
Below we have mentioned the NEET MDS 2020 Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET exam.
|Notification 2020||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Himachal Pradesh University
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Academic Facility
- Clinical Facility
- Student Houses
- Ragging & Tobacco-Free Campus
HPGDC Shimla Offers the following undergraduate programme and postgraduate programme with the duration and intake capacity.
HPGDC Shimla provides quality of education and offers the following UG course.
|BDS||75||4 years+1 Year Internship|
HPGDC Shimla provides quality of education and offers the following MDS course with a duration of 3 years.
|Public Health Dentistry||2|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG dental Scorecard.
- For Admission in MDS, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET MDS dental Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
For BDS courses – Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
For MDS courses – As per the basic requirement, dental aspirants must have completed the BDS degree from a government recognized college and have a minimum of 1 year of the internship experience.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have a BDS degree from a dental college recognized by DCI and completed an internship.
- Merit in the NEET-MDS exam.
Fee Structure of HPGDC Shimla for undergraduate and postgraduate is mention below.
For BDS Fees
|BDS||Rs. Per Annum|
|1st year||45,000(including refundable security of Rs 5000/-after internship)|
|BDS||US $ Per Annum|
|BDS First Year||$10000.00|
|BDS Second Year||$10000.00|
|BDS Third Year||$10000.00|
|BDS Final Year||$10000.00|
For MDS Fees
|MDS||Rs. Per Annum|
|1st year||39,000(including refundable security of Rs 7500/-)|
|BDS||Rs. Per Annum|
(including Rs 3000/-which is refundable after internship)
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET MDS 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff Marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||250|
NOTE:- To know about more NEET-MDS cut-offs of previous years. Follow the link.
Himachal Pradesh NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Himachal Pradesh University registered for NEET 2020 Himachal Pradesh State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Himachal Pradesh NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Himachal Pradesh NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
NEET Himachal Pradesh 2020 Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Himachal Pradesh NEET 2020. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Himachal Pradesh must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Note: To Know more about BDS Counselling of Telangana. Click Here
NEET MDS Counselling
Aspirants who are applying to HPGDC Shimla the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
Note: To Know more about MDS Counselling of HP. Click Here
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of HP Counselling Committee.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla|
- It is one of the premier dental Colleges in Himachal Pradesh.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Top BDS College in Himachal Pradesh
H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla
Address: Himachal Pradesh, Shimla- 171001
Telephone No: 1772658838
Mobile No: 1772652562
Email Id: email@example.com
Official Website: https://www.hpgdcshimla.org/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET UG FAQ
A. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in Online mode. An OMR Sheet will be provided to the candidate to mark the answers. To know more about Exam Pattern, Syllabus Click Here
A. The National Testing Agency has received a lot of requests from NEET applicants to conduct the exam twice a year. Still, this change will not be implemented this year. Thus, NEET 2020 will be held only once. Stay Updated with us to get the latest news on NEET 2020.
A. According to the official notification released by NTA, a candidate can appear for NEET any number of times. There is no limitation on the number of attempts permitted. Read about Nationality, Eligibility, Age Limit & other criteria of NEET 2020
A. To get admission in government medical college, one must secure at least 600 marks in NEET 2020. Admission to Government Medical College in a state depends on Rank, Cutoff, No. of Candidates appeared & difficulty level of examination.
To know more about NEET 2020 Expected & Previous Year year Cutoff Click Here
A. NEET 2020 will be a 3-hour duration long paper and the exam will be held from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m. Going for NEET 2020 exam? don’t forget to check these Exam Centre Guidelines & Dress Code.
A. NEET 2020 question paper will be available in 11 languages, but, the language has to be filled during the registration process. Apart from Hindi and English, the candidate can choose from Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada and Telugu.
Try these previous year question papers to score 600+ score in NEET 2020
A. Candidates who do not have computer or internet can avail of the facility of Common Services Centre (CSC). These centres will help in filling the application form, paying the application fee and downloading the admit card. To check the information about how to fill the application form of NEET 2020? Click Here
A. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the NEET exam in 2019. before 2019, NEET was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Solve these NEET 2020 Mock Test Design by NEET Toppers & Expert to score 600+ marks in NEET 2020.
A. No, the exam pattern for NEET 2020 remains the same. But there might be some possibilities to see changes in the academic session 2021-22. To Check the NEET 2020 Exam Patten Click Here
A. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for NEET. According to NTA, a candidate can appear for NTA as many times as he/she needs to qualify the examination.
Clear NEET 2020 Examination like a pro join our Youtube channel now.
A. Yes, you can apply for NEET 2020 provided you have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. To apply for NEET 2020, you must also have cleared these subjects individually. You may also go for other popular courses like B.D.S., BAMS, BHMS, Nursing, Physiotherapy & other hot courses like Pharmacy
A. According to the guidelines set by NTA, Tamil language question paper will only be available in the test cities in Tamil Nadu. Hence, if you want to choose Tamil as the medium of the question paper, you will have to opt for a test city in Tamil Nadu state only.
Now share your NEET 2020 Queries with NEET Toppers & get the instant answer of it.
A. The application fee for NEET 2020 is Rs 1400 for all the candidates who belong to the General or OBC category. However, for candidates who belong to the SC/ST/ PWD category, the application fee is Rs 750.
Get MBBS Counselling Support by NEET Toppers, Fill the application form Now
There are a lot of students who are unable to clear their NEET exam yet they try very hard to take admission to Medical Colleges in India. If you have a low rank in NEET entrance exam be calm and do not stress out, you can choose these top 5 courses other then MBBS
A. Yes, experts suggest that the difficulty level of NEET 2020 will be raised owing to the scrapping of both AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS. NEET is now the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in India, thus NTA will ensure the examination is at par with the examinations that were replaced by it.
Now you can also crack NEET 2020 Examination in 45 Days. Try these Topper’s Notes & Study Material-
NEET MDS FAQ
NEET MDS will be conducted in 57 different cities located across India.
Yes, if there are seats left vacant even after the mop-up round of counselling. The exam conducting authority in consultation with the government of India will lower the NEET MDS cutoff.
NEET MDS exam is a computer-based Exam containing a total of 240 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The entrance test will be conducted for 6,228 seats offered in various dental colleges in the country.
To pursue the Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) courses in India, one must qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for MDS (NEET MDS) exam. From all the government dental colleges, 50% seats will be reserved for AIQ candidates, while the remaining 85% seats will be available for state quota seats.
Yes, There is 1 mark deduction for every wrong attempt question answered in NEET MDS 2020.
According to officials, General/OBC candidates were able to attempt only 3 times for NEET examination up to the age of 25 years while SC/ST could attempt same (3 times) up to the age of 30 years.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻 Dream it. Do it. Achieve it.
👉🏻 Keep working Hard
👉🏻 Never Give Up
For further admission related queries, comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck Students !!!
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application FormApply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers