Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar is one of the prestigious Medical College in Odisha founded in 2007. It was also known as IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar. SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar provides undergraduate courses in medicine and postgraduate courses in non-clinical departments.
This article will share all the essential details about IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar like Facilities, Courses, Admission Process, MBBS Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, NEET Cutoff results, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
पाए इस Medical College के लिए Counselling Service: +91-9873056333
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar
It has begun providing post-graduation in clinical subjects like surgery and anaesthesia. SUM Medical College provides Modern facilities and an excellent.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar.
|Name of Institute||Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar|
|Popular Name||IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar|
|Year of Establishment||2007|
|Affiliated with||Berhampur University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS/MD|
|NEET Study Materials||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Crash Course||Click Here|
|Category||Medical College in Odisha|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Click Here|
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Utkal University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Private
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||4.5+1 Year Internship||Click Here|
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar provides quality education and offers the following PG courses duration of 3 Years.
|M.D. Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, DVL, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, General Medicine, Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion, Microbiology, Pathology, Paediatrics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatric, Radio-Diagnosis, Pulmonary Medicine.||3 Years|
|M.S. ENT, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, OBG||3 Years|
Here in this selection, we will let you about the Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programs at IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this College, these Useful Resources about the Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar will help you do proper research about the College.
|Admission Procedure||UG Course- NEET UG |
PG Course- NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses- NEET-UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses- NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Odisha NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses– Odisha NEET UG Counselling|
For PG Courses- Odisha NEET PG Counselling
|Odisha NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Odisha NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Odisha Medical Colleges Fees Structure||Click Here|
|Odisha NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||Click Here|
The fees structure of IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar for the undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
|MBBS||17,90,000/- for General and $45,000 US $– For NRI|
PG Courses Fees
|Boarding Charges (A/c.) – 2 occupancy||₹1,20,000/- Per Annum|
|Boarding Charges (A/c.) – 3 occupancy||₹90,000/- Per Annum|
|Boarding Charges (Non-A/c.)||₹48,000/- Per Annum|
|Caution Money (One time & refundable)||₹5,000/-|
Note: Mentioned Fee Subjected to be Change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counseling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
|Category||2021 Cutoff (Expected)||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||160-130||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||140-110||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||135-110||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||130-110||128-113||119-107|
Note: 2021 Cutoff is not yet released by the official website. We have just expected the NEET 2021 cutoff based on the past database.
Odisha NEET Counselling 2021
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Odisha State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Odisha NEET 2021, Let us first look at the Odisha NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
NOTE: To Know more about Odisha NEET-UG 2021 Counselling, CLICK HERE
Other Nearest states Counselling procedure
|West Bengal NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Jharkhand NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Chhattisgarh NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Andhra Pradesh NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
The following flow chart shows short but essential information about the counselling procedure for aspirants applying to PG courses offered by IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar.
NOTE: To Know more about Odisha NEET-PG 2021 Counselling, CLICK HERE
Other Nearest states Counselling procedure
|West Bengal NEET PG Counselling||Click here|
|Jharkhand NEET PG Counselling||Click here|
|Chhattisgarh NEET PG Counselling||Click here|
|Andhra Pradesh NEET PG Counselling||Click here|
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar|
|Review this College||Click Here|
Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar
Address: K-8, KALINGA NAGAR, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
Phone: 0674-2386281, 6606200
Fax: 0674-2386223, 23
Official Website: https://www.soa.ac.in/ims-sum-hospital
Odisha NEET 2021 Admission Support
|NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in the Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar is N/A.
Ans. The course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar is located in K-8, KALINGA NAGAR, Bhubaneswar, Orissa