Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research is one of the prestigious Medical colleges in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was founded in the year 1985. It is most popularly known as SRMC Chennai that aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai Fees Structure and Course offered Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai
This College is affiliated with Sri Ramachandra University (Deemed) Chennai and approved by the NMC.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of SRMC Chennai.
|Name of Institute||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai|
|Popular Name||SRMC Chennai|
|Year of Establishment||1985|
|Affiliated||Sri Ramachandra University (Deemed) Chennai|
|Courses Offered||MBBS MD, MS, M.ch, DM|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET Study Materials||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Crash Course||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Click Here|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Sri Ramachandra University (Deemed) Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Hostel (Boys/Girls)
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
SRMC Chennai provides quality education and offers the following UG courses.
|MBBS||4.5+ one year Internship||Click Here|
SRMC Chennai provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
|M.D. Anatomy||6||3 Years|
|M.D. Physiology||5||3 Years|
|M.D. Biochemistry||4||3 Years|
|M.D. Pathology||10||3 Years|
|M.D. Microbiology||6||3 Years|
|M.D. Pharmacology||6||3 Years|
|M.D. Community Medicine||4||3 Years|
|M.D. Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2||3 Years|
|M.D. Forensic Medicine||2||3 Years|
|M.D. General Medicine||24||3 Years|
|M.D. Paediatrics||12||3 Years|
|M.D. Anaesthesiology||12||3 Years|
|M.D. Radio-Diagnosis||12||3 Years|
|M.D.Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||6||3 Years|
|M.D. Psychiatry||4||3 Years|
|M.D. Respiratory Medicine||6||3 Years|
|M.D. Sports Medicine||2||3 Years|
|M.D. Emergency Medicine||2||3 Years|
|M.S. General Surgery||16||3 Years|
|M.S. Orthopaedics||18||3 Years|
|M.S.Obstetrics & Gynaecology||16||3 Years|
|M.S. Otorhinolaryngology||8||3 Years|
|M.S. Ophthalmology||6||3 Years|
Here in this selection, we will let you about the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medic Madras Medical College, Chennai, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.O.P.D.sbegin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.E.N.T.hthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai, It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the introductory courses which come under SRMC Chennai. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
|Tamil Nadu NEET Cutoff 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Seat Matrix 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||Click Here|
Here we describe the Fee structure of SRMC Chennai for UG and PG courses.
|Course||Fees per annum|
|MBBS||For general- 22,00,000/-|
|For NRI||2,20,000/- US $|
|PG Fees (MD)||Fee|
|M.D Community Medicine||8,00,000/-|
|M.D Forensic Medicine||7,00,000/-|
|M.D Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||8,00,000/-|
|M.D Respiratory Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|M.D General Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|M.D Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy||20,00,000/-|
|M.D Sports Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|M.D Emergency Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|PG Fees (MS)||Fee|
|M.S General Surgery||20,00,000/-|
|M.S Obstetrics & Gynaecology||20,00,000/-|
|Super-speciality Fees (DM)||Fee|
|DM (All Branches)||22,00,000/-|
|Super-speciality Fees (M.ch)||Fee|
|M.ch (All Branches)||22,00,000/-|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET Cutoff scores – 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
|Category||2021 Cutoff (Expected)||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||160-130||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||140-110||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||135-110||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||130-110||128-113||119-107|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research General Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research OBC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research SC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research PWD Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Note: 2021 Cutoff is not yet released by the official website. We have just expected the NEET 2021 cutoff based on the past database.
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu, to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET 2021, Let us first look at the Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Other Nearest States Counselling Procedure
|Kerala NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Karnataka NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Andhra Pradesh NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Sri Ramachandra Medical College, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
NOTE: To get more details about Tamil Nadu NEET-PG 2021 Counselling, Click Here
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||SRMC Chennai|
|Review this College||Click Here|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
Address: No.1 Ramachandra Nagar, Porur
Chennai – 600116 Tamil Nadu, India
Official Website: https://www.sriramachandra.edu.in
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Admission Support
|NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants a Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research is 250
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research No.1 Ramachandra Nagar, Porur Chennai – 600116 Tamil Nadu, India