Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai is one of the oldest medical institutes founded in 2003 in Chennai, Tamilnadu. It is popularly known as SBMCH Chennai, which aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure. Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai is one of the leading Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
Hey, Students, if you like to pursue MBBS from Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai (SBMCH Chennai), you should have detailed information regarding its Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai
The College is affiliated with Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (Deemed Univ.), Chennai and recognised by the NMC. It is one of the best Deemed MBBS College in Tamil Nadu.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of SBMCH Chennai. For admission, interested students can visit the Sree Balaji Medical College Official Website to get more information and Sree Balaji Medical College Application Form 2021, which is provided there.
|Name of Institute||Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai|
|Popular Name||Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai, SBMCH Chennai|
|Year of Establishment||2003|
|Affiliated||Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (Deemed Univ.), Chennai|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Bharath University (Deemed) Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:– Deemed
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
These are the Sree Balaji Medical College Facilities provided to the students who are already studying from Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai provides quality education and offers the following Undergraduate course.
|MBBS||4.5+ one year Internship|
Students interested in taking admission at Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai should be informed about the number of seats the college offers for the UG Course. Therefore, Sree Balaji Medical College MBBS Seats is 250.
SBM Chennai provides quality education and offers the following Post – Graduate courses.
|DM – Neurology||3 Years|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years|
|MS – ENT||3 Years|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
Here is the of all Sree Balaji Medical College Seats provided by the college for PG (MD/MS) Courses:-
|DM – Neurology||2||MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||6|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||15||MD/MS – Ophthalmology||2|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||7||MS – Orthopaedics||15|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||10||MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3||MD – Pharmacology||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||15||MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Pathology||10||MD – Physiology||4|
|MS – General Surgery||21||MS – ENT||3|
|MD – Paediatrics||12||MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||8|
|MD – Psychiatry||2||MD – General Medicine||20|
Here in this selection, we will let you about S.R.M. Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Kancheepuram MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medic Madras Medical College, Chennai, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.O.P.D.sbegin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.E.N.T.hthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College is responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty S.R.M. Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Kancheepuram. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the required courses under Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
|Tamil Nadu NEET Cutoff 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Seat Matrix 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
Deemed Medical College Admission Process
Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai Admission 2021 Process for deemed medical universities is simple and easy. On behalf of the MCC, the Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu, will conduct the counselling for admission to Deemed University NEET 2021.
Sree Balaji Medical College Fee Structure 2021
Here we describe the Fee structure of Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai for Under – Graduate and Post – Graduate courses.
Here, we have mentioned Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai fees for the students who are under-graduate courses from the particular college:-
|Particulars||Fees per year|
|NRI Tuition Fee||60,000/- USD $|
|University Reg. Fee||5,000/-|
|College Caution Deposit||50,000/-|
|Hostel Fee||75,000/- per year|
|Hostel Caution Deposit (refundable)||50,000/-|
|Mess Fee at dividing system||3,500/- to 4,000/- Per month.|
Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai PG Fee Structure
Below mentioned is the data regarding Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai fees for MD/MS Courses:-
|Course||Fee per annum|
|MD (Derm., Vene. & Leprosy)||60,00,000/-|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||45,00,000|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||45,00,000|
|MD (Obst. & Gynae)||55,00,000/-|
|MS (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)||55,00,000/-|
|M.D. (Radio Diagnosis)||60,00,000/-|
|MD(Tuberculosis & Respiratory diseases)/Pulmonary Medicine||40,00,000/-|
|MD (Respiratory Medicine)||40,00,000/-|
The Sree Balaji Medical College Cut Off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NOTE: Sree Balaji Medical College Cut Off for 2021-22 session will be Updated Soon.
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu, to get themselves registered for NEET Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET, Let us first look at the Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling schedule.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
In this section, we are providing detailed information regarding Sree Balaji Medical College Ranking & its Reputation all across the state of Tamil Nadu, as well as for India:-
|Name of Institute||Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai|
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital
Address: #7, Works Road, Chromepet Chennai
Tamil Nadu, India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants at Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital is 150
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital 7, Works Road, Chromepet Chennai
Tamil Nadu, India
Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+ will help you get Pvt Medical College in the state.
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of SBMCH Chennai, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from SBMCH Chennai.
Yes, Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai is a Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.