SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Kancheepuram is one of the reputed Medical Institute, is most popularly known as SRM Medical College Kancheepuram. The research centre was founded in the year 2005 situated in Kancheepuram.
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre Kancheepuram (SRM MCHRC) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
|Name of Institute||SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Kancheepuram|
|Popular Name||SRM Medical College Kancheepuram, SRM MCHRC Kancheepuram|
|Year of Establishment||2005|
|Affiliated||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- SRM Institute of Science and Technology
Approved by:- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Skill Lab
- Lecture Halls
- Museum & Library
- Research Labs
- Teaching and Evaluation Methods
|MBBS||150||4.5+ 1 year Internship|
|Name of the course||Recognized||Permitted||Duration|
|MD – Anatomy||4||–||3 Years|
|MD – Physiology||4||–||3 Years|
|MD – Biochemistry||2||–||3 Years|
|MD – Pharmacology||2||2||3 Years|
|MD – Pathology||2||2||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||3||–||3 Years|
|MD -Community Medicine||4||–||3 Years|
|MD – General Medicine||8||7||3 Years|
|MD – Paediatrics||2||–||3 Years|
|MD – Respiratory Medicine||2||2||3 Years|
|MD – (Dermatology Veneral Diseases)||4||0||3 Years|
|MD – Psychiatry||2||1||3 Years|
|MS – General Surgery||6||2||3 Years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||2||3||3 Years|
|MS – Ophthalmology||2||1||3 Years|
|MS – Oto Rhino Laryngology (ENT)||2||2||3 Years|
|MD – Obstetrics & Gynecology||3||–||3 Years|
|MD – Radiodiagnosis||3||2||3 Years|
|MD – Anesthesia||5||1||3 Years|
Faculty & Staff
The Medical College offers admission with an intake of 150 numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
|MBBS FEES(Annual)||22,50,000 Tuition fees +10k other charges||47,500/- US $|
*Amount to be paid at a time of admission(Rs): 22,60,000/-
- 22,000/-(per month)
|(Domestic Fee) per annum||(NRI Fee in USD) per annum|
|MD||Dermatology, Venerology and leprosy||5,000,000/-||90000|
|MS||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||5,000,000/-||90000|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET UG Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by SRM Medical College the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||SRM Medical College Hospital Kancheepuram|
We would like to give out 4.2 of 5 stars on Edufever Best Medical Colleges in India.
Address: SRM Nagar, Potheri, Kattankulathur,
Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu
Phone: +91- 044 – 27455706, 27454603,
22432565, 24740236, 24861562
Fax: +91- 044-24742845, 27455106
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period?
Answer: 0 (Zero).
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 15 days.
Question: In case candidate resigns after the final round of counselling, how much amount a candidate has to pay to the institution?
Answer: 1,12,50,000 (ENTIRE COURSE FEES).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best Of luck..!!!
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.