Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, also known as Meenakshi Medical College Chennai, is one of the premier medical Institutes founded in the year 2003. It is also known as MMCRI Enathur, located in Enathur, Tamilnadu. Meenakshi Medical College Enathur is famous for providing one modern education. It is one of the leading Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
Hey Students, if you are looking forward to pursuing your career in medical education at Meenakshi Medical College Chennai, then you must know about Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Fees, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Cut Off, Facilities available, and complete Meenakshi Medical College Chennai reviews.
|Latest Update:–Today (03/10/2022) is the last date for online registration of Tamil Nadu NEET UG Counselling for Admission in MBBS/BDS courses at tnhealth.tn.gov.in|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequently Asked Questions
Meenakshi Medical College Chennai
Meenakshi Medical College Chennai is affiliated with Meenakshi University (Deemed), Chennai and recognized by the NMC. Meenakshi Medical College Chennai is one of the best Deemed MBBS College in Tamil Nadu.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of MMCRI Enathur. For admission purposes, students must carry their NEET Score Card.
|Name of Institute||Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Enathur|
|Popular Name||Meenakshi Medical College Enathur, MMCRI Enathur, Meenakshi Medical College Chennai|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Year of Establishment||2003|
|Affiliated||Meenakshi University (Deemed), Chennai|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Meenakshi University (Deemed) Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Deemed
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
These are the Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Facilities provided to the students who have confirmed their Meenakshi Medical College Admission 2022:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Meenakshi Medical College Enathur offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Meenakshi Medical College Chennai offers quality education and provides the following UG courses.
|MBBS||4.5 + 1 year Internship|
Students, who want to study at Meenakshi Medical College Chennai, must know about the number of seats the college offers for the MBBS course. Therefore, Meenakshi Medical College MBBS Seats is 250.
Meenakshi Medical College Chennai offers quality education and provides the following PG Courses.
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years|
|MS – ENT||3 Years|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
Here is the list of the number of seats the college is offering to the students for all kinds Post – Graduate Courses:-
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||7|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||4|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MS – Orthopaedics||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||8|
|MD – Microbiology||2|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||1|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Pathology||5|
|MD – Physiology||2|
|MS – General Surgery||15|
|MS – ENT||2|
|MD – Paediatrics||8|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||4|
|MD – Psychiatry||2|
|MD – General Medicine||12|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Meenakshi Medical College & Research Institute Enathur MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
They are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty Meenakshi Medical College & Research Institute Enathur. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Meenakshi Medical College Admission 2022 procedure for the required courses. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions. Students can also visit the Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Official Website to get more information regarding the admission procedure.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
|Tamil Nadu NEET Cutoff 2022||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Seat Matrix 2022||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Seat Allotment List||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
Here we describe the Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Fees for Under – Graduate and Post – Graduate courses.
Meenakshi Medical College Chennai MBBS Fees
In this section, Meenakshi Medical College MBBS Fees are informed to the students. Hence, Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Fees Structure 2022 for UG Course:-
|Course||General Quota fees per annum||NRI / Institutional Quota fees per annum|
|MBBS||22,50,000/-||US $ 50,000/-|
Here, we have mentioned the Meenakshi Medical College Chennai fees structure for hostel services that are provided to you by the college only:-
|Hostel Rent(excluding mess Fees)||1,50,000/-||1,50,000/-|
The table given below shows Meenakshi Medical College Fees Structure 2022 for all kinds of PG Courses offered by the college to the students:-
|Courses||Fees per annum|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||40,00,000/-|
|MD (Obst. & Gynae)||45,00,000/-/|
|MD (Preventive Medicine)||5,00,000/-|
|M.D. (Radio Diagnosis)||50,00,000/-/|
|M.D.(Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases)||40,00,000/-|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||40,00,000/-|
|MD (Derm., Vene. & Leprosy)||50,00,000/-|
|Admission Fees(one time)||1,00,000/-|
The Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Cut Off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Representation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Cut Off for Previous Years
Well, given below are the tables of Meenakshi Medical College Chennai Cut Off for previous years being mentioned in different categories:-
Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute General Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank||2021 Cut-off by rank|
Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute OBC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute SC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2021 Cut-off by rank|
Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute Economically Weaker Section Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
Graphical Representation of NEET PG Cutoff 2022
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by MMCRI Enathur, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This section mentions Meenakshi Medical College Ranking as well as its reputation, all across Tamil Nadu & also for India:-
|Name of Institute||Meenakshi Medical College Chennai|
Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute
Address: Enathur, Karrapettai Post, Kanchipuram
Tamilnadu, South India.
Official Website: http://mmchri.co.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants at Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute is 250
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute?
Ans. Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute Enathur, Karrapettai Post, Kanchipuram Tamilnadu, South India.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for MMCRI Enathur?
Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+ will help you get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of MMCRI Enathur so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of MMCRI Enathur, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at MMCRI Enathur.
Q. Is Meenakshi Medical College Chennai a Deemed College or Not?
Yes, Meenakshi Medical College Chennai is a Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.