Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Imphal (JNIMS Imphal)was founded in the year 1989. Earlier JNIMS was Known as Porompet Medical College Imphal. JNIMS Imphal is one of the prestigious and most popular Medical Colleges in Manipur. It is situated in East Manipur Poromprt, Imphal. JNIMS Imphal has 21 departments in various field and spread in 100 acres urban area. It’s The motto is “Towards a Healthy Manipur”.
In this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Porompet Imphal (JNIMS Imphal) like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Counselling, Review, Ranking etc.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
- 1 Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Imphal
- 2 JNIMS Imphal Courses
- 3 Admission Process
- 4 Porompet Medical College Imphal Fees Structure
- 5 NEET Cutoff 2018
- 6 Ranking & Reputation
- 7 Contact Details
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Imphal
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Porompet Imphal :
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Porompet Imphal|
|Popular Name||JNIMS Imphal,|
|Location||Porompat, Kongpal Kongkham Leikai, Imphal, Manipur 795001|
|Year of Establishment||1989|
|Affiliated with||Manipur University|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI).|
|Courses offered||MBBS, M.DPorompet Medical College Imphal|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Manipur|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by:-Manipur University.
- Approved by:- Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status:– Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities @ JNIMS Imphal
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
JNIMS Imphal Courses
|MBBS||100||4.6 Years+ 1 Year Internship|
|MD(Community Medicine)||4||2 Years|
|MD(General Medicine)||4||2 Years|
|MS (OBG)||2||2 Years|
|MD (Anaesthesia)||5||2 Years|
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur to get themselves registered for NEET 2018 Manipur State Counselling. The entire process of counseling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Manipur must have to register themselves for the NEET counseling 2018. Counseling of NEET 2018 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counseling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counseling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counseling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
|UG Course|| |
|PG Course|| |
Porompet Medical College Imphal Fees Structure
|Courses||Fees (Full Courses)||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission |
|Course||AIQ Fees (Annual)||NRI Fees (Annual)||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission|
Hostel Accommodation Fees – 2000/-
NEET Cutoff 2018
Following cutoff marks are based on NEET 2018 Entrance Exam.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Marks||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||119||6,34,897|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||96||54,653|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Imphal|
- The college is one of the premiers Institute of Manipur.
- We would like to give 4.2 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Manipur.
- Top Dental Colleges in Manipur: Edufever College Ranking 2018
- NIRF Ranking 2018: Top 25 Medical College in India
- State wise MCI Affiliated Medical Colleges in India: Edufever Survey 2018-19
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompet, Imphal
Location: Porompet, Imphal Porompa, Imphal, Manipur
Email: [email protected]
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!