MBBS in Ireland: Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic Ocean in northwestern Europe. It is separated from Great Britain to its east by the North Channel. In Ireland, students opt for MBBS since the country has just made significant educational investments. Almost all of Ireland’s medical universities have been placed among the top 700 universities in the world, and some of them are NMC and WHO-accredited. They provide international students with an economical tuition structure and a high-quality education.
Ireland is a country where English is spoken. It offers a five-year programme for studying medicine. Because English is the primary language of communication in Ireland, students can effectively communicate with their patients during their internship and actual clinical practice. Ireland’s medical degrees are recognised worldwide, including in the United States, Canada, Europe, India, and other Asian countries.
Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic. It is isolated from Great Britain to its east by the North Channel, the Irish Sea, and St George’s Channel. Ireland is the second-biggest island of the British Isles, the third-biggest in Europe, and the 20th biggest on Earth. It has a population of about 7,026,636 and covers approximately 84,421 km2.
|Climate||Warm Summers and Mild Winters|
|Time Zone||(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time|
|Religion||84.6% Christian, 10% No Religion, 1.3% Muslim|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Ireland, let’s look at Quick facts about Study MBBS in Ireland.
|Course Offered||Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)|
|Course Duration||5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depends on University)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, Ministry of Education India|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (Qualified only)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-9999709233|
Recognition of Ireland Medical College
The most critical factors that decide a good and best medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters. Ireland MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Ireland.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
Ireland has become one of the top preferred destinations for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in Ireland, check the eligibility below.
|Age||It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 – 6 Years (Dependent on University)|
If you want to take Admission to Ireland, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
MBBS in Ireland Syllabus
Before going to Ireland for Medical, studies compare the MBBS in the Ireland Syllabus of some of Ireland’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities. You can see the MBBS in Ireland Syllabus below.
|First Year||Human Biology|
Respiratory Biology and Metabolism
Nutritional and Metabolic Biology
|Second Year||Medical Pharmacology|
Mechanisms of Disease
Renal Mechanisms of Homeostasis and Associated Anatomy
|Third Year||Epidemiology for Evidence-Based Healthcare|
Clinical Science and Practice III, IV and V
Fundamentals of Therapy
Manifestations of Disease
Child Health and Development
Fundamentals of Adult Disease
Forensic Medicine and the Coroner’s Court
|Fifth Year||Principles and Practice of Surgery|
Principles and Practice of Internal Medicine and General Practice
Principles and Practice of Paediatrics and Child Health
Principles and Practices of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Research and Professionalism in Medicine II
Before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in Ireland, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from Ireland.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Ireland Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
Top MBBS Colleges in Ireland with Fees Structure
Below-mentioned is the updated list 2023-24 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Ireland officially made by the NMC. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or Read more. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Fees|
|1||National University of Ireland||Rs. 26 Lakhs|
|2.||University College Cork (UCC)||Rs. 37 Lakhs|
|3.||University College Dublin (UCD)||Rs. 40 Lakhs|
|4.||University of Limerick (UL)||Rs. 34.5 Lakhs|
|5.||Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)||Rs. 42 Lakhs|
|6.||Trinity College, Dublin (TCD)||Rs. 38 Lakhs|
Top MBBS Colleges in Ireland with Fees Structure (Graphical Representation)
Scholarship for Studying MBBS in Ireland
Scholarships, Education loans and grants play a huge role in a student’s life, especially if the student wants to study abroad. You can rely on these scholarships for studying MBBS in Ireland, but do not worry. There are many more than these. Every college has its own ways of helping international students financially, so check with the college you apply to.
- Take off Overseas and Education in Ireland – It is Irish national organization assistance to 15 undergraduate scholarships worth EUR 6000 per student.
- Student Universal Support in Ireland (SUSI) – It proposes a mandate to insulate the holding costs for nine months of each academic year.
- Centenary Scholarship Program – This program is for students from Brazil, China, India, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia and USA. It covers 1-year of the tuition fees.
- NUI Galway International Students Scholarships – Non- EU meritorious students can get this scholarship if enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate or research programs. The amount varies depending on the scheme, from $2,200- $5,700, and sometimes the tuition fees are waived. Research candidates get an allowance of $18,300 yearly.
- Trinity College Dublin Scholarships – Scholarships of varying types for students from specific countries are awarded at Trinity College Dublin. The amount value ranges from $5,700- $11,400, depending on the type.
Graphical Representation of Scholarship for Studying MBBS in Ireland
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Ireland
Do you know Education in Ireland is overseen by the Ministry of Education? There are a lot of advantages to studying in Ireland, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Ireland
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and accepted worldwide.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to the institutions this NMC recognizes for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- MBBS colleges in Ireland provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Ireland medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Ireland
- As Irish is the local language in Ireland, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Irish Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is a little different. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. What is MBBS abroad?
A. MBBS abroad is getting a chance to study and complete your MBBS degree from a foreign university in a foreign country.
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
A. Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. There are several scholarships open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students
Q. How much does MBBS in Ireland cost?
A. The cost of doing an MBBS in Ireland would take between Rs. 20 – 40 lakhs per year, and since the course is of 6 years, the cost would reach approximately 1 – 2 Crores by the time you have completed your course.
Q. Is MBBS free in Ireland?
A. Cost of Studying MBBS in Ireland
The tuition fee for MBBS in Ireland is €46,000 per year. Along with the annual tuition fee, a clinical contribution fee of €750 is included annually. Living expenses should also be included for international students looking to apply for a study visa.
Q. Is Neet required in Ireland?
A. Qualifying NEET is compulsory to apply for MBBS in Ireland for Indian students. You must be able to present a valid NEET certificate. Some medical schools in Ireland for international students require students to take the Graduate Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT) and Health Profession Admission Test (HPAT).
Q. How can I apply for MBBS Ireland?
A. Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Ireland
Candidates must have a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in their 10+2 from a recognised board. Candidates must have a valid NEET scorecard and have completed the NEET entrance test with a good mark.
Q. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Ireland?
A. The cost of doing an MBBS in Ireland would take between Rs. 20 – 40 lakhs per year.
Click here for more Education News