With some of the Best Medical Universities in the world, studying MBBS in Tanzania is manageable and affordable. Situated just south of the Equator, Tanzania is one of the biggest economical giants of Africa, and it proves what it takes to be the big not just in the world of the economy but also in education.
Tanzania is one of the leading destinations for all Medical Aspirants in India. So, keep reading as via this article, we will inform you about various aspects related to MBBS in Tanzania Admission 2020-21 along with all the pros and cons associated with it.
Below we have mentioned the NEET Useful Resources that will help you defiantly to Benefit the Preparation of Courses.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Tanzania is an East African country known for its vast wilderness areas. It includes the plains of Serengeti National Park, a safari mecca populated by the “big five” (elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino), and the Kilimanjaro National Park which is the home to Africa’s highest mountain.
|Language||Swahili and English|
|Climate||Hot and Humid|
|Time Zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
|Currency||Tanzanian shilling (TSh)|
MBBS in Tanzania 2020 Fact Check
Tanzania higher medical Education has high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Tanzania a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy Admission Procedure and fast processing of paper works.
Here are some of the fact about the safety measures in Tanzania for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Tanzania has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Study MBBS in Tanzania, check the eligibility criteria below.
|Age||The candidate must be 17+ and under 25 years of age on/before 31st December of your admission year.|
|Qualification||Admission Seekers should complete their Higher Secondary Education with a minimum 50% mark covering Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology stream.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET card Holder)
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 Years|
The Admission procedure for the Studying MBBS in Tanzania is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- Once you receive an offer letter, save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Tanzania.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Tanzania.
Before taking admission in the Admission in Medical college in Tanzania please do not forget to carry all these related documents with you.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Tanzania.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Tenza Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Tanzania
Before going to Tanzania for Medical Studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Tanzania. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Tanzania are as follow:
Biomedical Basic Science Years
This shall consist of the first 2 Academic Years (Semesters 1-4), during which the student will cover the biomedical basic science subjects comprising:
- Behavioral Sciences & Biostatistics
- Physiology, Biochemistry
- Microbiology and Immunology, Parasitology,
- Epidemiology and Research Methodology,
- Development Studies
- Clinical Pharmacology and
There shall be one preclinical year (year 3) during which the students will cover the courses that introduce the clinical courses. The preclinical courses include
- Medical ethics
- Forensic medicine
- Management of disease and
- Introduction to clinical methods.
Clinical training is currently done at IMTU Hospital, Mwananyamala, Temeke and Amana Municipal Hospitals, Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute (MOI), Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH), Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI), Mirembe Hospital, Mnazi Mmoja Health Centre, and some health centres and dispensaries in and around Dar-es-Salaam Region
- Psychiatry and
- Anesthesiology& Critical Care
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Oncology, Radiology and Palliative Care)
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics &Gynecology
- Pediatrics& Child Health, and
The research project shall be for a period of 8 weeks and shall be conducted at the end of semester 8 during which a student will be guided by a supervisor to prepare a research proposal, conduct fieldwork and write a research report before proceeding to the final semester (semester 10). The research report is assessed out of 100 (100%).
Recognition of Tanzania Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most important factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Tanzania are affiliated with these authorities.
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Top MBBS Colleges in Tanzania
Below given is the updated list 2020-21 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Tanzania officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
International Medical & Technological University
The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, Dar es Salam
MBBS in Tanzania Fees Structure
Tanzania stands as one of the prime destinations when we say MBBS abroad to Indian students. The advance Medical Education and quality-driven training by medical universities of Tanzania are one of the prime concern that makes the country first choice for medical studies. All universities are perceived from WHO, MCI, and many other international medical bodies. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Tanzania is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Tanzania.
|Name Of University||Tuition Fees/ Year||Hostel Fees|
|International Medical & Technological University||INR 6,25,000||INR 80,000|
|The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, Dar es Salam||NA||NA|
Pros & Cons
Do you know Tanzania has a large and international network of public and state-affiliated universities and schools offering degrees in higher education? There are a lot of advantages to studying in Tanzania, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Tanzania
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical Universities of Tanzania (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Tanzania don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Tanzania are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Tanzania MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Tanzania provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Tanzania medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Tanzania offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Tanzania
- The climate of the country is hot for most of the year, so it might be little hot to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
- In hospitals, international students are not permitted to touch the patients during an internship while studying MBBS in Tanzania.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: What is the duration of the MBBS in Tanzania?
Ans. The duration of the MBBS in Tanzania is 6 years.
Q.2: What is the medium of language in Tanzania?
Ans: The medium, of course, is English.
Q.3: MBBS in Tanzania, Is it a good choice?
Ans. Of course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Tanzania All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
- Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
- Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear the MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Q.4: When does the academic year start at Tanzania Medical College?
Ans. The academic year in all Tanzania medical university starts from August to September.
Q.5: Is student visa a mandatory in Tanzania?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Tanzania.
Q.6: Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Tanzania?
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q.7: How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q.8: Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Tanzania?Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q.9: Is the Tanzania Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Ans. Yes. The Tanzania medical colleges are authorized by WHO and MCI.
👉🏻Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Open 2020-21 Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers