The Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023 is conducted by Shillong at North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences. A Candidate can apply to MD/MS courses in various Government/Private Medical Colleges affiliated with the State Medical University of Meghalaya. Interested candidates must qualify for the NEET PG exam 2023 before applying for the Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023. According to the minimum marks secured by the candidates in the NEET PG exam, they will get selected for the Counselling process and admission to their preferred Top Medical Colleges in Meghalaya. This counselling will help all the candidates to get to their dream college more conveniently.
This article will provide all the necessary details regarding Meghalaya NEET PG counselling 2023, including important dates, the registration process, eligibility criteria, documents required, and seat reservation.
Hello Candidates, here are the quick facts for you. This will help you get a brief overview of the Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023. Just go through this section, and you will gain clarity in your understanding
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (PG) or NEET PG|
|Conducted by||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|NEET PG 2023 Exam Date||March 5, 2023|
|NEET PG Exam Result||14 March 2023|
|MCC AIQ NEET PG 2023 Counselling starting date||To be announced|
|Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling starting date||To be announced|
|Meghalaya NEET PG Conducting Authority||North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Medical Institutes Exempted From NEET||DNB PDCET, NEET MDS, FMGE DEC|
|Want NEET PG 2023 Counselling Support?||Enquire Now|
Meghalaya NEET PG 2023 Counselling Dates
In this section, the candidate will get all the important dates regarding the Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023. Therefore, all the candidates are requested to check the below.
|NEET PG exam||March 5, 2023|
|Commencement of online application form||To be announced|
|Last date of submission||To be announced|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in online|
|To be announced|
|Choice Filling / Locking||To be announced|
|Result for round 1||To be announced|
|The download of the provisional allotment order||To be announced|
|Last date of reporting||To be announced|
Here, Below we are provided with the PG medical eligibility Criteria for 2023.
- The candidate Must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate Who has completed MBBS From an Institution Located in the state and is a bonafide resident of Meghalaya.
- A Candidate Who has completed MBBS from any institution recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and his/her parents hold a resident certificate, it is mandatory to complete a compulsory Rotatory Residential internship on or before July 31, 2023.
- The candidate should be registered with the state National Medical Commission (NMC).
Below is the application fees of Meghalaya Admission. Candidates can check the system. It is divided into categories:
|Application Processing Fee||Rs.1500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred) only.|
(Deposit only by Challan. No other mode of payment will be accepted)
Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023
Applicants can visit the official portal of North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Instt. of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong, to get themselves registered for NEET PG 2023 Counselling. Now, let’s go through the counselling procedure:
The following steps can best explain the counselling process.
Step-1:- Counselling Registration through Online
Admission Seekers can apply online by visiting the website- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Instt. of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong.
- For registration, seekers will use/her NEET PG roll no. and email registration in NEET PG (NEET-PG) and follow the instructions on the screen.
- After that, the candidate’s NEET-PG registration details will be displayed.
- If the exam qualifies, the applicant will make an online payment. An SMS will be sent to their registered mobile no (used for NEET-PG registration) to confirm successful registration. The password you create at the time of registration, kindly note this password for choice filling.
- After successful payment, the candidate will get Transaction and Registration no. on their registered mobile number.
Step-2:- Online Security Money Payment
- Applicants willing to attend the counselling process to grab their PG Medical seat in the desired Medical College must pay the required Security money fees prescribed by the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Instt. of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong.
- After paying security money and the state merit list has been declared, the online seat choice filling option will be available per the earlier schedule.
- The applicant could take a printout of their online payment receipt.
Step-3:- Merit Declaration
- For Inter-se rank in the State merit list, the reference shall be NEET-PG 2023
- The final merit list will be prepared per the provisions (Displayed on the website).
Step-4:- Online Choice filling
Visit the website- http://www.neigrihms.gov.in/
- Click on the choice filling.
- Choice Filling Procedure:- Login for choice filing using your NEET roll number and password created at registration.
– Choice filing can be done in several sessions but remember to save and continue; otherwise, you’ll lose your work.
– The choice filling will not be complete until you finally submit and lock. No changes will be possible after locking the choice.
- After the last date of choice, a filling is over, and the seat allotment list will be declared online.
Step-5:- Seat allotment
1.log into the website. Your seat allotment status will be displayed.
2. If you accept the allotment letter:-
- But do not join or resign after joining. You’re eligible for second counselling but will forfeit your security deposit.
- Join the college you’ll remain eligible for second counselling to upgrade your seat without losing your seats. If your seat is elevated, then the previous allotment will be automatic.
- The online process will do the seat allotment on a merit cum option basis.
3. Physically disabled category candidates must be physically present before a medical board constituted by dates will be available on the EIGRIHMS Shillong website.
4. Candidates eligible for the reserved category will be given admission as per the rules of the state government, applicable on the date of counselling.
5. OBC candidates covered by the provisions of the creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefits of the OBC category.
6. Candidates who fail to produce required original documents at the time of admission or, if any, concealment or falsification of facts comes into the light at the time of admission and after that during the study will not be entitled to any benefit of having appeared in the entrance examination. Any use of acquiring a seat Legal action would be taken against such candidates.
7. Candidates will be checked for their identity at admission. It will be considered unfair if it does not match, and their candidature will be cancelled. Additional legal action would be taken against such candidates.
8. If a candidate does not participate in online counselling or join the allotted seat by the due date, they shall forfeit any right of admission based on said counselling/allotment.
9. Once exercised by the candidate in online counselling, the option cannot be altered under any circumstances.
10. No request for re-allotting seats allotted in the first and second rounds will be entertained.
PG Counselling Flow Chart
The following flow chart for aspirants applying to PG courses offered by various medical colleges shows the short but essential information about the Meghalaya NEET PG counselling procedure 2023.
Below documents mentioned are mandatory for candidates applying for the Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023. The candidates are requested to collect all the documents before applying for the counselling process
- High School/Secondary School Certificate issued by the Board / University showing the applicant’s date of birth.
- Pass Certificate / Provisional Pass Certificate of the qualifying MBBS examination
- Mark sheets 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ( Part-I and Part–II) MBBS Professional Examinations
- Attempt certificate of MBBS Professional Examinations.
- Internship completion certificate/certificate from the head of the Institution/ college that the candidate will complete the Internship by 31st July 2023.
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate within the validity period issued by MCI / State Medical Council
- NEET PG 2023 Admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 Score Card.
- The candidates must submit a Domicile/ Permanent Residential Certificate valid for the year 2023 from the competent authority (i.e. District Commissioner of the state or any Government authorized Official) proving that he/she is a Domicile/Permanent resident of one of the 8 (eight) North Eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- No Objection Certificate: If the candidate joins elsewhere in the PG course, have to bring NOC from the concerned college for joining the PG course in NEIGRIHMS.
- Candidates are to indicate if he is a student of NEIGRIHMS. If so, write the name of the state the candidate belongs to in the appropriate Test Box provided in the Application Form.
NEET PG 2023 Cutoff
By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma course, as mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2023, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:-
|Category||Minimum Qualifying/Eligibility Criteria||Cut-off (Out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th percentile||291|
|SC/ST/ OBC (Including PwBD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th percentile||257|
NEET PG Counselling Factors
NEIGRIHMS, Shillong is conducting the counselling below given factors.
- 50% All India Quota(AIQ) seats
- 50% State Quota seats
- Central Universities (DU, AMU, BHU)
- Deemed Universities
- ESIC colleges
- Armed Forces Medical Services
Meghalaya NEET PG 2022 Seat Matrix
PG (MD/MS) Course: NEIGRIHMS will not conduct examinations to fill up the seats available for the open Northeast (NE) category, including the seats reserved for the students passing MBBS from NEIGRIHMS only. They are of 3 (three) years in duration. No exemption will be given to any candidate. The candidate joining MD/MS degree course shall be called Junior Resident (Post Graduate). The commencement of the academic session will be notified later. The number of seats available in each speciality for the 2022-23 is shown below as per MCI recognition and Letter of Permission (LOP) from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
|50% All India |
|Open North |
|Candidates pass out |
from NEIGRIHMS As
|04||General Medicine||MCI Recognised||2||1||1||0|
|06||Obst and Gynaecology||MCI Recognised||2||1||1||0|
|09||Radio diagnosis||MCI Recognised||2||1||0||1|
(a) 50% of the total seats will be “all India quota seats”, and the remaining 50% of the seats will be an open Northeast category, of which 50% [i.e. 25% of overall seats] will be reserved for the students passing MBBS from NEIGRIHMS.
(b) Selection will be entirely on the basis of the Merit of the candidates who applied for NEIGRIHMS seats on the marks secured in NEET PG 2022. Candidates securing less than 50% in NEET PG Examination shall not be considered, and names will not be considered for admission, and names will not be included in the merit list and waiting list.
Meghalaya NEET PG 2022 Counselling Bond Amount
- Each Junior Resident (PG) will be on continuous service for a period of three years and will be required to execute a bond on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 20/-. Copy of the language of the bond to be executed can be collected/ obtained from the Dean’s Office, NEIGRIHMS. The bond, duly completed in all respects, must be submitted when joining.
- Suppose any candidate joins the PG (MD/MS) course and leaves the said course before the expiry of one year of joining. In that case, he/she shall be liable to pay a sum of Rs.10.00 lakhs (Rupees ten lakhs only) and any candidate who joins the PG course and leaves 2nd year of joining shall be liable to pay a sum of Rs. 15.00 lakhs (Rupees fifteen lakhs only) any candidate who joins the PG course and leaves in3rd year of joining, shall be liable to pay a sum of Rs. 20.00 lakhs (Rupees Twenty lakhs only) by way of compensation/losses incurred by the NEIGRIHMS due to such mid-term departure.
Meghalaya PG Medical Colleges Fees Structure 2022
|One Time Fees|
|University Enrolment & Registration Fees||Rs.700/-|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Sports & Games Fees||Rs.1,000/-|
|Cultural and Annual Meet Fees||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Health Care Fees||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Security deposit (for different sections, which is refundable at the completion of the respective course)||Rs.20,000/-|
*Fee Structure may be changed
*the Mess Committee will decide Mess Fee based on actual monthly expenditure
- Note 1: The Hostel Security deposit and Caution Money are refundable.
- Note 2: Fees and other charges, including hostel rent, once paid, shall not be refunded in any case, and no correspondence will be entertained in this connection. However, the caution money will be refunded to those candidates who do not join the course. The caution money must be claimed within one year after completion of the course only after receipt of the “No Dues Certificate”, failing which it will be forfeited.
- Note 3: The fees are to be paid during admission.
- Note 4: The above fees are subject to revision at the discretion of the Institute/Government of India. Candidates must pay such tuition fees as may be prescribed by the Institute/Government of India from time to time.
Top Medical Colleges in Meghalaya accepting NEET PG Scorecard
Here is the college of Meghalaya in which candidates can participate and pursue their medical studies. For more details, candidates are requested to check the link mentioned with the college name:
|NEIGRIHMS Shillong||Shillong, Meghalaya||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Meghalaya conducting the NEET PG Counselling?
Yes, Meghalaya is conducting the NEET PG Counselling.
Who is Conducting the NEET PG Entrance exam body?
National Board of Examinations (NBE)
What is the Counselling FEE of the NEET PG AIQ Quota?
Counselling fee- Rs. 1000 (For AIQ /Central University UR candidates) & Rs. 500 (For SC/ST/OBC/PH), and Rs. 5000 (For Deemed University candidates).
How many NEET PG seats are there in Meghalaya?
27 seats are available for NEET PG counselling 2023.
Who conducts the Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023?
What are the documents required for Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023?
The following documents will be required for Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023:
NEET PG 2023 scorecard
MBBS degree certificate
Internship completion certificate
Provisional or permanent registration certificate issued by the NMC Aadhaar card or other identity proof
Caste certificate (if applicable)
Domicile certificate (if applicable)
What is the registration process for Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023?
The registration process for Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling 2023 will be conducted online. Candidates will be required to register on the official website of NEIGRIHMS, Shillong, and fill in their personal and academic details. Candidates must also upload their NEET PG 2023 scorecard and other required documents.