Medical Colleges in Meghalaya: “Meghalaya” popularly known as “The Adobe of Cloud” is one of the seven states of Northeast India. The State is famous for its wonderful mountain range and beautiful picnic spots spread all across the state. Due to its scenic beauty blended with the wonderful culture, the state is also coined as the “Scotland of the East”.
Besides its Famous Tourist spots and Historical Background, Meghalaya is also home to some of the famous institutes like the National Institute of Technology, Shillong, and North-Eastern Hill University. The state has one Medical College and other professional Institutes.
1. Meghalaya NEET 2022 Summary
2. Top Government Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
3. Top Private Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
4. Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling Procedure
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Meghalaya NEET 2022 Summary
Every year lakhs of aspirants apply for NEET and other Medical Entrance Examination to get selected in some of the Top Medical Colleges in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. If you too want to pursue MBBS, then this article is for you only.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Conducting Authority||Department of Health & Family Welfare Government of Meghalaya|
|Average Fee||For Government Colleges: 6020 (Fee p.a Range)|
Note: Fees are subject to change.
|For MBBS Counselling Assistant||Enquire Now|
|Counselling Process||For UG Courses: Meghalaya NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Fee Structure||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Cutoff||Click Here|
Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
Here in this article, we are providing an updated list of Top Medical College in Meghalaya. To view Top MBBS colleges in Meghalaya click on the link of that College & you can get detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Process & Complete Colleges Review. Enjoy Reading.!!
Before we discuss Top Medical Colleges in Meghalaya, let us have a look at the Course overview to get admission.
|Course Level||Graduate (UG)||Postgraduate|
|Duration||5.5 Years (Including 1-year internship)||3 Years|
|Stream||Medical Sciences||Specialization after MBBS|
|Examination Type||Yearly/Semester||Yearly System|
|Eligibility||10+2 with P.C.B. as the main subjects||MBBS from a recognized University|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3-5 Lacs||INR 3-6 Lac|
Government Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
Here is the updated Best Government Medical Colleges in Meghalaya officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Government Colleges Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college List here, click the college link.
North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences is one of the best government medical colleges in Meghalaya. The college is popularly known as NEIGRIHMS Shillong. This Institute is situated in the Capital city of Meghalaya, Shillong. NEIGRIHMS Shillong is one of the prestigious and most popular Medical Colleges in Shillong.
|Year of Establishment||1987|
|Affiliated with||North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||North East Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male & Female)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Private Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
Sorry, the state does not have any Private Medical colleges. Private institutions work hard on it. Hopefully, in the next coming future, there will be several Medical Colleges in Meghalaya. Aspirants who belong to Meghalaya state may get admission to any other state Medical college.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the official North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences official portal to register for NEET 2021 Meghalaya State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. There is only one Government College approved by NMC in Meghalaya.
A. There is a total of 50 seats in between all the one Government Colleges of Meghalaya.
A. There are not any Private Colleges in Meghalaya.
A. For information regarding the Fee Structure of Meghalaya Medical Colleges, Click Here.