Hello Students. Are you preparing for the NEET 2021 Examination? In this article, we will let you about Pondicherry NEET UG Counselling 2021. It is Organized by the Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC). Students are advised to read this article thoroughly as the scorecard of NEET-UG will be accepted by the various government and private medical and dental institutions of Pondicherry through Pondicherry MBBS counselling 2021.
NEET 2021 Brief Description
Before discussing the complete details about Puducherry NEET 2021 Counselling Procedure, let’s briefly describe NEET 2021.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or |
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||12 September 2021 (Announced)|
|NEET 2021 Result||To be Announced Soon|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2021 Counselling Starting Date||To be Announced Soon|
|Puducherry NEET 2021 Counselling Starting Date||To be Announced Soon|
|Puducherry NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC)|
|Government MBBS Seats 380||380|
|Private MBBS Seats 1050||450|
|Government BDS Seats 40||400|
|Private BDS Seats||300|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Click Here|
Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2021 Dates
Applicants can check the Pondicherry NEET Counselling dates related to the Pondicherry MBBS/BDS 2021 counselling procedure below.
|Release of the application form||To be announced|
|The last date to fill Puducherry NEET application form is 2021||To be announced|
|Publication of Draft Merit List||To be announced|
|Time for Objections for the Draft Merit List for NRI and Management Quota||To be announced|
|Time for Objections for the Draft Merit List for Sports and Government Quota||To be announced|
|Publication of revised draft Merit List for NRI, Management and Government Quota||To be announced|
|Time for Objections for the Draft Merit List||To be announced|
|Round-1 Counselling/Allotment||To be announced|
|Last Date for Joining for First Round||To be announced|
Pondicherry NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- The applying seekers should have qualified for the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Pondicherry.
- The applying seekers must have completed the 10+2 examination or equivalent examination from the recognized educational institution.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and English are the compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks, 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates, and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
|counselling fee||Rs. 1000/- (Excluding GST)|
|Reserved categories||Rs. 2000/-|
Puducherry NEET Counselling 2021
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Centralised Admission Committee (Centac) Government of Puducherry to get themselves registered for Pondicherry NEET UG Counselling 2021.
Pondicherry NEET Counselling Selection Procedure
- Admission to the MBBS, BDS & BAMS courses is based on the current year NEET Rank of the candidates.
- Merit List will be based on NEET Rank. Allotment will be based on the eligibility, reservation applicable, category of seats and NEET Rank.
How to Apply
- Step I: Candidate must visit the https://www.centacpuducherry.in/.
- Step 2: Forgetting admission into the MBBS course in Puducherry, the candidates must submit an online application form on the official website of CENTAC Puducherry. After opening the official website, click on Group II, which means professional courses (MBBS, BDS, etc.).
- Step 3: The dashboard page of MBBS admissions will open in a new tab, and the candidates must click on ‘Sign Up. Enter the ‘Registered Mobile Number, E-Mail and other details to create a login account on the official website. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to complete pre-registration, and a login account will be created.
- Step 4: Log in with the credentials. The online application form will be displayed on the screen. Fill in all the personal details carefully. It is mandatory to choose college preferences. The admission committee will reject applications with incomplete details or wrong details.
- Step 5: After filling in the details, upload the scanned image of the passport size photograph in JPEG format. The size of the scanned image should not be less than 20kb or more than 50kb. Upload the self-attested copies of the following documents: –
- Nationality/ Domicile/ Residence Certificate
- Class 10 & Class 12 Certificates/ Mark Sheets
- Regional Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Step 6: Proceed to the payment of the counselling fee after the above-mentioned steps. The counselling fee for the general category is Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 500 for reserved categories.
- Step 7: Take the printout of the application form after the successful completion of the above-mentioned steps. Wait for the seat allotment results.
Other Nearest states Counselling procedure
|Andhra Pradesh NEET UG Counselling||Click Here|
|Kerala NEET UG Counselling||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET UG Counselling||Click Here|
Puducherry NEET 2021 Seat Reservation
|Vertical Reservation||% Reservation|
|Other Backward Classes||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims||2%|
|Most Backward Classes||18%|
|Extreme backward Classes||2%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen||1%|
|Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports||1%|
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG 2021 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2021 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Pudducherry candidate only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc.)
NEET AIQ Quota 2021 Counselling Procedure
Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Pondicherry Medical College Counselling
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about it. To learn details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link below.
Government MBBS Colleges in Pondicherry
|Name of College||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry||1956||Statutory Autonomous, Puducherry|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||2010||Pondicherry University|
Government BDS Colleges in Pondicherry
|Name of College||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences||2006-07||Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University – [SBV], Pondicherry|
|Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences||1990-91||Pondicherry University, Puducherry|
Private MBBS Colleges in Pondicherry
|Name of College||Establishment||Affiliation To|
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry||2000||Pondicherry University|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry||2006||Pondicherry University|
|Sri Venkateswara Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Pondicherry||2007||Pondicherry University|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Pondicherry||2002||Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University), Pondicherry|
|Vinayaka Missions Medical College, Pondicherry (trust)||1997||Vinayaka Missions University (Deemed), Salem|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College, Pondicherry (trust)||1991||Vinayaka Missions University (Deemed), Salem|
|Sri Venkateswara Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Pondicherry (trust)||2007||Pondicherry University|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry (trust)||2006||Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (Deemed Univ.), Chennai|
Private Dental College (BDS Seats)
|Name of College||Establishment||Affiliation To|
|Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital||2009-10||Pondichery University|
|Sri Venkateshwaraa Dental College||2014||Pondichery University|
Seat Allotment Process
The Pondicherry NEET UG Counselling 2021 will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. The Seat allotment will be based entirely on the merit rank and choices entered by candidates.
Revised Draft Merit List for NEET Based Degree Courses (MBBS/BDS & BAMS) Latest
Draft Merit List For NEET Based Degree Courses (MBBS, BDS & BAMS)-Released
|Quota||Merit List Links|
|Management Quota||Click Here|
|NRI (Non- Resident of India) Quota||Click Here|
|Draft Merit List for NEET based (MBBS/BDS/BAMS) Courses||Click Here|
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination to qualify for the further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2021 Cutoff (Expected)
|Category||NEET 2021 cutoff|
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Released)
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||720-147|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
Note: To know more information about Pondicherry College-wise Cutoff, Click Here
To Claiming the Nativity & Domicile
- The students should msut be an Indian citizenship
- The Parents of the candidates should live 5 years continuously in Pondicherry.
- Students who have passed the Matriculation / S.S.L.C. continuously for five successive classes preceding the qualifying examination in a recognized educational institution located in Puducherry Union Territory.
- Children of natives of U.T. of Puducherry who have declared any place in Puducherry as their home town, should enclose a Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format.
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed / disabled in action who has declared Puducherry as their home town.
- Children whose parents are Central/ State Government Employees/ Defence Personnel/Central Paramilitary Forces/Employees of Public Sector Undertakings owned either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry posted in Puducherry or serving in Puducherry for at least a minimum 3 years continuous years prior to the last date of application submission. Children of the above said employees should have studied SSLC/ HSC for two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have passed SSLC/HSC examinations from the same school.
- French nationals in U.T. of Puducherry who are covered by the terms of the “Treaty of Cession of the French Establishments of Pondicherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam” shall be treated on par with candidates who produce the prescribed Puducherry State Residence Certificate. Residence Certificate is not essential for such French Nationals but they should produce a “Certificate of Registration” issued by the French Consulate residing at Puducherry.
All of the above certificates should be verified by Tashildhar and Revenue Officers.
Here we are providing the information about Pondicherry Useful Resources State Counselling Process, Particular state Seat Matrix, Fee structure, cutoff and more; You can check the complete information below:
|Pondicherry Medical Colleges||Click Here|
|Pondicherry Medical Colleges Fee Structure||Click Here|
|Pondicherry Medical Colleges Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Pondicherry Medical Colleges Cutoff||Click Here|
|NEET UG Counselling Procedure||Click Here|
MBBS NEET 2021-22 Admission Support
|Live NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|Talk to NEET Expert Counsellor: Call Now||Call Now +91-9873056333|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?||Click Here|
|Admission 2021 Help Desk||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. The Pondicherry Centralised Admission Committee conducts the admission for Pondicherry NEET 2021.
A. Pondicherry MBBS/BDS admission 2021 will be open to students who will qualify NEET.
A. The counselling will be conducted in the online mode for Pondicherry MBBS admission 2021.
A. The online application forms will soon be released by the authority.
A. No. the Counselling will be conducted in an Online mode.
A. Admissions to all the MBBS seats in Pondicherry are made through NEET in all the Medical Colleges, run with the approval of the NMC. The selection through counselling for MBBS, BDS & AYUSH courses are made based on the NEET Score of the current year.