centacpuducherry.in: Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC), conducts the counselling session for Puducherry MBBS/BDS/BAMS/B.V.Sc. & A.H. admissions 2021. The authority conducts the counselling for 85% of quota seats in MBBS, BAMS, B.V.Sc. & A.H. and BDS colleges. Students must apply for counselling to get admission to various government and private medical, Ayush & dental colleges and universities. Students keep in mind that if admission is wholly based on the NEET score card, NEET is mandatory to participate in Pondicherry NEET counselling 2021.
Throughout this article, we will provide detailed information about centacpuducherry.in Updates like the Number of participating colleges, Centac Puducherry Official Website, Counselling, Structure, Admission MBBS, BAMS, B.V.Sc. & A.H. and BDS & More!
Latest Update: Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) released the list of eligible candidates for Pondicherry Mop-Up Round NEET UG-related courses regarding Government Quota, Management Quota, and Minority Quota candidates for Admission in MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ B.V.Sc.&A.H. courses at centacpuducherry.in
Before discussing the complete details about the CENTAC Puducherry summary, let’s look.
|Counselling Conducted authority||Centralised Admission Committee, Puducherry|
|Centac Puducherry Official Website||https://www.centacpuducherry.in/|
|Courses||MBBS, BDS, B.V.Sc. & A.H. & BAMS|
|Government MBBS Seats||380|
|Private MBBS Seats||1050|
|Government BDS Seats||40|
|Private BDS Seats||300|
|Government BAMS Seats||50|
|B.V.Sc. & A.H. Seats||80|
centacpuducherry.in Latest Updates
Puducherry BNYS Form Last Date Extended Notice
This section provides detailed information about the Puducherry Ayush NEET (BNYS) application from the last date of the extended notice; candidates are advised to read the complete notification carefully.
centacpuducherry.in Latest Updates
Centac Puducherry NEET Counselling 2021
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act,1956 and the Dentists Act-1948,
admissions to 100% seats in M.B.B.S./B.D.S. will be made based on NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY
CUM ENTRANCE TEST – NEET in all Medical / Dental Colleges run with the approval of the
Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India.
State Counselling Authority, CENTAC, does counselling for all the M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. seats in the
U.T. Government Medical / Dental Colleges and unaided Private Medical / Dental Colleges.
The seats allotted under different categories are as below:
- Seats in Government Colleges including surrendered seats from All India Quota Pool.
- Self Sponsored Seats in Government Colleges.
- Government Quota in Private Colleges.
- Management Quota Seats in Private Colleges.
- Minority (Management) Quota Seats in Private (Minority) Colleges.
- NRI Quota Seats in Government / Private Colleges.
- Foreign National Quota Seats in Government Colleges.
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) in the Directorate General of Health Services, MoHFS, GoI does the Counselling for admission to the M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. seats under the following quotas:
- All India Quota Seats (Filled by DGHS): 15% of seats surrendered by Government Medical / Dental Colleges run as per the approval of MCI / DCI are filled through the counselling conducted by DGHS and are known as All India Quota seats.
- Central Institutions/Universities (Filled by DGHS)
- Seats in Deemed Universities (Filled by DGHS)
centacpuducherry.in Latest Notifications related to PG Counselling:-
Classification of Seats
Seats are broadly classified into one or more of the following categories:
|Government Colleges||Private Colleges||Residence Criteria|
|Government Quota||Government Quota||Only Residents of the U.T. of Puducherry are eligible.|
|—||Management Quota||No restriction on Residence. Filled on- All-India basis.|
|—||Minority Quota||Minority students who are residents of the U.T. of Puducherry only are eligible.|
|Self-Financing / Sponsoring Quota||—||For a few seats, restriction of residence may be there. Other Seats are filled on All- India basis.|
|Other State Quota||—||Only candidates from the concerned states are eligible.|
|All India Quota (For UG Medical / Dental Seats only)||—||DGHS filled it on an All-India basis.|
centacpuducherry.in Eligibility Criteria
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Centac Puducherry NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria; you can check the course-wise eligibility like MBBS/BDS/BAMS/B.V.Sc. & A.H., NRI, OCI candidates, etc. Let’s have a look.
|MBBS/BDS||Candidates seeking admission to the M.B.B.S./B.D.S Degree courses must have passed the H.Sc (Academic)examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent to it, with a minimum of 50% marks (40% of marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate, in the prescribed subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology, Botany and Zoology. Further, they should have studied English as one of the subjects, and they must have passed the above four subjects individually.|
|BAMS|| Candidates seeking admission for B.A.M.S. course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% of marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/OPH (General &OBC) and 40% of marks for SC/ST/BT&OPH.|
The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to10 +2 Higher Secondary Examination after 12 years of study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||Candidates seeking admission to the B.V.Sc.&A.H. Degree courses must have passed the H.Sc. (Academic)examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent to it, with a minimum of 50% marks (40% of marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/ EBC/BT/ SC/ST Candidates) in aggregate in Biology / Botany & Zoology, Physics and Chemistry.|
|Eligibility to appear in NEET 2021||Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG), as per related Regulations of NMC and DCI are as follows:-|
They have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of their access to the first year Undergraduate Medical Course.
Age Limit: Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS & Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD category must be born on or before 31.12.2004.
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as of the examination date, with a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL section and PwD Candidates.
Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
Centac Puducherry Application Form Fee
Here in this section, we are providing detailed information Centac Puducherry application form fee in Indian Rupees; you can check the government quota fee, Management Quota/ SS- (National candidates) & NRI / Foreign Nationals, which is not refundable. Let’s have a look.
|Type of seat applied for||OTHERS||SC/ST|
|Govt. Quota||No Fee||No Fee|
|Management Quota/ SS- (Nationalcandidates)||2000|
|NRI / Foreign Nationals||5000|
*For Government Quota Seats –No Application Fee is prescribed for the current year due to Covid19.
Details for Centac Puducherry Registration Fee
This section provides detailed information on Centac Puducherry NEET Counseling online registration fee in Indian Rupees; you can check the round-wise registration fee for Exit with forfeiture of payments Ineligible for further counselling. Let’s have a look.
|Round||Free Exit||Exit with forfeiture of fees||Ineligible for further counselling||Amount of Registration Fee|
|SECOND||No||If not joined||If joined||Government Quota – Rs. 10,000(5000/- for SC/ST/OBC/EBC/MBC/ BCM/BT) Management Quota – Rs.1,00,000|
|MOP UP||No||–||If joined||–|
How to Fill Centac Puducherry Application Form 2021
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Centac Puducherry Application Form 2021; you can check the information like the stepwise procedure of Centac Puducherry registration form in online mode, sample format etc. Let’s have a look.
Step 1: Visit the Centac Puducherry Official Website.
Step 3:Aa new page will be opened after clicking the registration buttond.
Step 4: Click the new candidates’ registration option, a new page will be opened.
Step 5: Fill in all the required details carefully, upload all the required documents.
Step 6: Submit the Centac Puducherry registration fee and submit the Centac Puducherry application form.
Forfeiture of Registration Fee/Tuition Fee
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Centac Puducherry NEET Forfeiture of Registration Fee/Tuition Fee terms & conditions; you can check the information like second-round registration fee forfeiture criteria, demand draft amount, and for mop-up round also. Let’s have a look.
- After the publication of the Final allotment list in 2nd round, if any candidate fails to join the college then the registration fee as mentioned above will be forfeited.
- During mop-up counselling, seats will be allotted only after the entire tuition fee is paid, preferably by way of DD (Demand Draft) or through RTGS/NEFT. If the student fails to join the allotted college after mop-up counselling, then an amount of Rs.1,00,000/- will be forfeited. In case, the college is not able to fill the seat from the 1:10 list sponsored by CENTAC, then the entire tuition fee will be forfeited.
- The remaining amount, where the college is able to fill the seat, will be refunded after 6 months so that this acts as a deterrent for blocking of seat. Therefore, it is advised that the candidates make a considerate decision before taking the seat in mop up counselling. CENTAC reserves the right to modify these guidelines relating to mop up counselling, depending upon necessity.
Refund of Registration Fee/Tuition Fee
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Centac Puducherry Refund of Registration Fee/Tuition Fee terms & conditions; you can check the information like second-round registration fee/ tuition fee criteria bank account criteria, NRI candidates fee refund criteria etc. Let’s have a look.
- In case the candidate is not allotted any seat during the 2nd Round and Mop-Up Round, the Registration Fees / Tuition Fees will be refunded to the same account of the candidate from which payment had been made.
- The candidates should keep their card/bank account active till the refund process is completed. The candidates are advised not to use unrelated card/bank accounts for remitting the Registration Fee / Tuition fee amount. CENTAC will not entertain such requests.
- As per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Rules, a refund cannot be done to NRI Accounts. If the candidate wants to use the funds available in his/her NRI Account to register for counselling, he/she has to first transfer funds from the NRI Account to an NRO Account and from the NRO Account to the CENTAC Account. The refund from CENTAC will be credited to the NRO Account only.
Special Note to Students who have been allotted seats in JIPMER
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Centac Puducherry Special Note to Students who have been allotted seats in JIPMER; you can check the data like for MBBS & BDS courses, NRI candidates, etc. Let’s have a look.
- It is observed that some of the students who have got seats allotted in M.B.B.S. in JIPMER do not opt out and unnecessarily block the seat allotted in CENTAC thereby causing unwarranted sliding. CENTAC will obtain the list of candidates who have been allotted seats in JIPMER and these candidates will not be allotted any seats despite their eligibility. If any candidate who has been selected in JIPMER wants his/her name to be considered, then the candidate has to deposit Rs.1,00,000/- (Rs. One Lakh only) as Cautionary Deposit. This Cautionary Deposit will be forfeited if the candidate is allotted a seat by CENTAC and fails to join within the prescribed date.
- Special Note to NRI / NRI Sponsored / OCI Students Category for B.D.S. Course (5 seats)
- There are 5 seats available under NRI / NRI Sponsored / OCI Students category for NRI candidates / wards/ of NRI parents / candidates who are born outside India seeking admission to the first year B.D.S. degree course offered by Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry.
Candidates willing to apply under NRI / NRI Sponsored /OCI category can submit their application to CENTAC with the following enclosures:
- Birth Certificate / Proof of Date of Birth
- Higher Secondary (10+2) or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution / University last studied (whichever is applicable).
- Conduct Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution last studied.
- NEET Score sheet
- Medical Fitness Certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner not below the rank of a Government Assistant Surgeon.
- Nativity Certificate of the candidate.
- Candidate must also submit self-attested photocopies of the following supporting documents:
- NRI status certificate of the Financial Sponsor issued by the Embassy of the respective country under their seal.
- NRI / NRE Bank Account Pass Book / Account Statement of the Financial Sponsor (First page of the pass book and transaction for the last three months).
- Copy of Valid Visa / OCI / PR status and Passport of the Financial Sponsor.
- Undertaking by the financial sponsor in the form of an affidavit signed by a Notary (Format given in the website)
The selected candidate should produce the above certificates/documents original to the Institute at admission.
- All the documents are mandatory for registration of NRI / NRI Sponsored / OCI candidates with Pondicherry University and for the Institute records.
- The selected candidates should pay the prescribed fee within 7 days of selection.
- For date of registration, orientation and commencement of classes, the candidate can follow the institute website notification later.
- Under this category, only NRI candidates (or) wards of NRI parents (or) candidates who are born outside India and currently holding a foreign passport are eligible to apply. Selection of students is done based on NEET score through CENTAC. If NRI / NRI Sponsored / OCI candidates are not available for admission or if any seat falls vacant under this category, the same will be filled up from the self- supporting quota seats strictly on merit basis through CENTAC as per norms and the fee fixed by the Fee Committee for UG seats may be applied to the self-supporting quota seats.
Centac Pondicherry NEET Counselling Selection Procedure
The Pondicherry NEET Counselling Selection through Counselling for MBBS, BDS & BHMS courses is done based on the NEET Score of the current year. Allotment to the B.V.Sc.&A.H. course under NRI Quota & Self Supporting -National Quota is also done through the NEET score of the current year.
Admission to the “Government Quota Seats” in Private and Unaided Professional colleges and the Minority Colleges will be per the Government of India’s laws/regulations/orders of the Government of Puducherry on the subject. The details regarding the Colleges and the number of seats will be published on the website.
- Admission to the MBBS, BDS & BAMS courses is based on the current year NEET Rank of the candidates.
- Merit List will be based on NEET Rank. Allotment will be based on the eligibility, reservation applicable, category of seats and NEET Rank.
Centac Pondicherry NEET Seat Matrix
Candidates applying for various medical, Veterinary, Ayush and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about it. To learn details(Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link below. Let us now discuss the number of seats available in the different state and private Medical and Dental Colleges of Pondicherry.
|Government Colleges||Courses||Number of Seats(Allotted for the year 2021-2022)*|
|Govt. Quota||National (All India Basis) – SS||NRI /Foreign Candidates||AIQ|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||M.B.B.S.||131#||27||22**||—|
|Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences||B.D.S.||29||5||—|
- *Subject to the approval of the Health Department
- Plus any other unfilled seats from other quotas will be filled by U.T. of Puducherry candidates
- **Only for NRI candidates
- ***Foreign National candidates (NEET SCORE NOT REQUIRED, filled by candidates applied through CENTAC – Non-NEET application)
NOTE: To know more information about Pondicherry NEET Seat Matrix for MBBS/BDS Colleges, Click Here
Puducherry BAMS Colleges Seat Matrix
This section provides information about the BAMS colleges Seat Matrix; you can check the total number of seats. Let’s have a look.
|Name of colleges||Total Seats||Govt. Quota||NRI/ Foreign Candidates|
|Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College Mahe Puducherry||50||42||7|
NOTE: To know more information about Pondicherry AYUSH NEET Seat Matrix for BAMS Colleges, Click Here
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research, Puducherry
Here in this section, we are providing detailed information about Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research, Puducherry seat matrix; you can check the information like U.T. of Puducherry (Govt. Quota), Self-Supporting (UT of Puducherry) (SS-PY), Self-Supporting (National) (SS-National), NRI etc. Let’s have a look.
|Quota||No. of Seats|
|U.T. of Puducherry (Govt. Quota)||30|
|Self-Supporting (UT of Puducherry) (SS-PY)||10|
|Self-Supporting (National) (SS-National)||17|
|Foreign Nationals *||2|
|Total no. of admissions through CENTAC||63|
|Admission through other Govts./VCI||17|
Pondicherry Government MBBS/BDS Colleges Fees
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Centac Pondicherry Government Colleges Fees Structure; you can check the information like Admission Fees (at the time of admission only), Caution Deposit, Library Fees, Tuition Fees, Hostel Fees etc. Let’s have a look.
Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry Fee Structure for Puducherry U.T. and All India Quota candidates:
|Caution Deposit (Refundable on the production of original challan)||Rs. 20,000/-|
|SR.No.||PARTICULARS||Amount in Rs.|
|1||Admission Fees (at the time of admission only)||50000|
|7||Student Welfare Fund||1100|
|8||College Development Fund||11000|
Hostel Fee Per Annum
Many medical aspirants are confused about Pondicherry government MBBS colleges Hostel fee structure detail, so here in this section, we provide detailed information about hostel fees.
|For single occupancy||Rs. 30,000/-(with attached Bathroom, subject to availability)|
|For single occupancy in double room||Rs.25,000/- (per head) (Bathroom not-attached)|
|For each occupant in double room||Rs.12,500/-(per head|
|Utility Charges||Rs.10,000/- (per head)|
|Hostel Establishment Charges||Rs. 3,000/- (per head)|
|Hostel Students Welfare Fund||Rs. 100/- (per head)|
|Hostel Fees (item vii and viii at the time of Admission to Hostel)||*|
(Refundable on the production of Original Challan)
|Mess deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Mess fees (monthly)||As levied|
NOTE: To know more information about Pondicherry Medical & Dental Colleges Fees Structure, Click Here
Centac Pondicherry BAMS College Fees
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Centac Pondicherry Government BAMS Colleges Fees Structure; you can check the information like Admission Fees (at the time of admission only), Caution Deposit, Library Fees, Tuition Fees, Hostel Fees etc. Let’s have a look.
U.T. Of Puducherry – (B.A.M.S.) (Subject to the grant of permission by Government of India and Affiliation by Pondicherry University)
|Sl.No.||PARTICULARS||Amount in Rs.|
|2||Admission Fee(at the time of admission)||5000|
|5||Library & Internet Fee||5000|
|7||Students Welfare Fund||1000|
|12||College Development Fee||2000|
NOTE: To know more information about Pondicherry Ayush Colleges Fees Structure, Click Here
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination to qualify for the further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET Result 2021 Qualifying Percentile & Scores (Released)
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off Score||Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off Score|
|UR/EWS||50th Percentile||720-138||UR/EWS-PwD||45th Percentile||137-122|
|OBC||40th Percentile||137-108||OBC-PwD||40th Percentile||121-108|
|SC||40th Percentile||137-108||SC-PwD||40th Percentile||121-108|
|ST||40th Percentile||137-108||ST-PwD||40th Percentile||121-108|
Note: To know more information about Centac Pondicherry College-wise Cutoff, Click Here
|MBBS/BDS Colleges Fees Structure||Click Here||Ayush Colleges Fees Structure||Click Here|
|Pondicherry NEET Seat Matrix||Click Here||PuducherryAyush Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Pondicherry NEET Cutoff||Click Here||Puducherry Ayush NEET Cutoff||Click Here|
|Pondicherry NEET Counselling||Click Here||Puducherry Ayush Counselling||Click Here|
|Participating Medical Colleges||Click Here||Participating BAMS Colleges||Click Here|
|Participating Dental Colleges||Click Here||Participating BHMS Colleges||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. The Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) conducts the admission for Puducherry NEET 2021.
A. Puducherry MBBS/BDS/BAMS admission 2021 will be open to students who qualify NEET.
A. The counselling will be conducted in the online mode at centacpuducherry.in for Puducherry MBBS, BDS, BAMS admission 2021.
A. The counselling will be conducted in the online mode at centacpuducherry.in for Puducherry MBBS, BDS, BAMS admission 2021.