Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Pondicherry. The college is popularly known as MGPGI Pondicherry and was founded in 1990-91. Mahatma Gandhi Dental College Pondicherry is affiliated with Pondicherry University and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Mahatma Gandhi Dental College Pondicherry was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The college was established to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Now the college has become synonymous with one of the Best Govt—dental Colleges in Pondicherry.
Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry
Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental College Pondicherry focuses on and coordinates the students’ skill-building and personality development. Seminars, conferences, debates, sports, dramatics etc.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Mahatma Gandhi Dental College Pondicherry.
|College Name||Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences|
|Popular Name||Mahatma Gandhi Dental College Pondicherry, MGPGI Pondicherry|
|Hospital Attached||Own Hospital|
|Hospital Type||Own Hospital|
|Admin Authority||State Govt./U.T. Administration|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Dental College in Pondicherry|
|Want NEET 2022 BDS Counselling Support?||Apply Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:–Pondicherry University
- Approved by:– DCI
- Aid Status:- Government
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
These are Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying at this college:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Before discussing, let us look at the course overview offered at MDPGI Pondicherry.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years|
|MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 Years|
|MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 Years|
|MDS||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years|
|MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 Years|
MDS Intake Capacity
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3|
|MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3|
|MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3|
|MDS||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3|
|MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||2|
In this selection, we will inform you about the Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. These valuable resources will benefit you if you apply for the Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences. Let us have a look.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Course: NEET MDS
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Course: NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria
|Pondicherry NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Pondicherry NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Pondicherry NEET MDS Counselling
|Pondicherry NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Pondicherry 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Pondicherry Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Pondicherry NEET 2022 Seat Allotment List||Click Here|
|Top 10 BDS Colleges in Pondicherry||Click Here|
|Pondicherry NEET Merit List||Click Here|
Mahatma Gandhi dental college fee structure is as follows:
Mahatma Gandhi dental college Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Representation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
NEET-MDS 2022 Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-MDS 2022. By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Graphical Representation)
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates can visit the Centralised Admission Committee (Centac) Government Of Puducherry’s official portal to register themselves for Pondicherry NEET UG Counselling 2022. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Step I: The candidate must visit https://www.centacpuducherry.in/.
- Step 2: Forgetting admission into the MBBS course in Puducherry, the candidates must submit an online application form on the official website of CENTAC Puducherry. After opening the official website, click on Group II, which means professional courses (MBBS, BDS, etc.).
- Step 3: The dashboard page of MBBS admissions will open in a new tab, and the candidates must click on ‘Sign Up. Enter the ‘Registered Mobile Number, E-Mail and other details to create a login account on the official website. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to complete pre-registration, and a login account will be created.
- Step 4: Log in with the credentials. The online application form will be displayed on the screen. Fill in all the personal details carefully. It is mandatory to choose college preferences. The admission committee will reject applications with incomplete details or wrong details.
- Step 5: After filling in the details, upload the scanned image of the passport-size photograph in JPEG format. The scanned image size should not be less than 20kb or more than 50kb. Upload the self-attested copies of the following documents Nationality/ Domicile/ Residence Certificate, Class 10 & Class 12 Certificates/ Mark Sheets, Regional Reservation Certificate (if applicable), and Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Step 6: Proceed to the payment of the counselling fee after the steps mentioned above. The counselling fee for the general category is Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 500 for reserved categories.
- Step 7: Take the application form’s printout after completing the above-mentioned steps. Wait for the seat allotment results.
For aspirants applying to Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission, and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of the following documents during counselling.
- NEET MDS 2022 scorecard
- NEET MDS 2022 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BDS Degree Certificate (5)Permanent or provisional certificate provided by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion certificate issued by the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- A physically handicapped medical certificate, if required.
- (10)SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
Ranking and Reputation
Mahatma Gandhi Dental College Pondicherry Ranking is mentioned below.
|Name of Institute||Mahatma Gandhi Dental College Pondicherry|
Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry
Address: Indira Nagar, Gorimedu, Pondicherry-605006
Pondicherry NEET 2023 Admission Support
|Pondicherry NEET 2023 BDS Counselling Assistance||Apply Now|
|NEET 2023 BDS Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9711994494|
|Dental Colleges Under 300 score||Apply Now|
|Study Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in the Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants at Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences is 40.
Q. Does Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences have a hostel?
A. Yes, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to the Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences?
A. Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to the Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences?
A. Indira Nagar, Gorimedu, Pondicherry-605006
Q. Is Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences government or private?
A. Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences is Government.