Government Siddhartha Medical College (SMC Vijayawada) was founded in the year 1980 by Siddhartha Academy of General and Technical Education. SMC Vijayawada has provided 150 candidate intake of every year for the Undergraduate programme and 90 for Post Graduate and 2 for Diploma Programme. Siddhartha Medical College is one of the most popular Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh. The Institute campus is spread over an area of 57 acres of green land with full facilities.
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Government Siddhartha Medical College SMC Vijayawada like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
- 1 About Siddhartha Medical College
- 2 Siddhartha Medical College Courses
- 3 Admission Process
- 4 Siddhartha Medical College Fees Structure
- 5 Siddhartha Medical College Vijayawada NEET Cut Off
- 6 Ranking and Reputation
- 7 Contact Details
About Siddhartha Medical College
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Government Siddhartha Medical College Vijayawada:
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Ananthapuram (Andhra Pradesh)|
|Popular Name||SMC Vijayawada, Siddhartha Medical College|
|Location||NH 16 Service Road, Opp. Varun Maruthi Showroom, Near Health University, Gunadala, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520008|
|Year of Establishment||1980|
|Affiliated to||NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS, MD, PG Diploma|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Government Siddhartha Medical College SMC Vijayawada is Affiliated with NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
- Approved by Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status–Govt.
- No ragging environment.
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities @ SMC Vijayawada
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
SMC Vijayawada has provided different departments like Clinical, Non-clinical and Para Clinical with all facilities.It is also provided each department library and laboratories for theoretical and practical uses respectively.
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Trauma Care
Siddhartha Medical College Courses
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||150||4.6+1 Year Internship|
|Doctorate of Medicine (MD)||03||3 Years|
|Master of Surgery (MS)||03||3 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Radiodiagnosis||02||2 Years|
Government Siddhartha Medical College, Vijayawada – Medicine Post Graduate Courses
|Courses PG/Diploma||PG /Diploma Annual Intake (Seats)|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||12|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MD – General Medicine||14|
|MD – Microbiology||4|
|MD – Paediatrics||8|
|MD – Pathology||6|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD – Physiology||4|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||4|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3|
|MS – General Surgery||14|
|MS – Orthopaedics||8|
|Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis||2|
READ ALSO: Andhra Medical College Visakhapatnam
- Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- Admission through the National level exam NEET UG programme or also through Andhra Pradesh NEET State Entrance Test.
- Admission is also through the APPG (Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination).
- Aspirants should have completed 17 years of age on that date in which year they will be an admission.
- Candidate should also have minimum 17 years and not more than 25 Years age on the date in which they will be admitted.
- Relaxation of 3 years for SC/ST Candidates only.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any state Board or Equivalent.
- Candidate should have secured a minimum 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
Siddhartha Medical College Fees Structure
|Course||AIO Fees Annual||Amount to be paid at the time of admission|
|Courses||Fees (Full Courses)|
|Doctorate of Medicine (MD)||33,000/-|
|Master of Surgery (MS)||33,000/-|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Radio diagnosis||22,800/-|
|Course||AIQ Fees (Annual)||NRI Fees (Annual)||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission|
The hostel is located within the college campus and is fully furnished with all the modern facilities. Hostel Detail is as follows:-
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
Siddhartha Medical College Vijayawada NEET Cut Off
SMC Vijayawada Andhra (state) NEET Cut off (Qualifying Marks) 2017
|Category||Cutoff Marks (Qualifying Range)|
|UR – PH||449-324|
|OBC – PH||322-312|
|SC – PH||315-302|
|ST – PH||N/A|
NEET Cut off Marks 2018 (Expected)
|Category||Qualifying Marks||No. of Candidates|
|UR & PH||130-118||67|
|OBC & PH||130-107||152|
|SC & PH||130-107||38|
|ST & PH||130-107||32|
***NOTE: we are touch in the NEET site whenever it will be updated we update it.
Andhra Pradesh NEET Cut off 2017 (Percentage wise)
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40%|
|UR & Physically Handicapped||45%|
|OBC & Physically Handicapped||40%|
|SC & Physically Handicapped||40%|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||SMC Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh)|
We Would like to give this Medical college 4 out of 5 stars on Edufever the best MBBS college in Andhra Pradesh.
Government Siddhartha Medical College SMC Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh)
Address: Gunadala, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Phone: 0866 245 0390
Email: [email protected]
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!