Govt Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh. The college is popularly known as GDCH Vijayawada and was founded in 1992. The college is affiliated with NTR University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about Govt. Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada (GDCH Vijayawada) Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
|[[Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
Government Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of GDCH Vijayawada.
|College Name||Government Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada|
|Popular Name||GDCH Vijayawada|
|Affiliation||NTR University of Health Sciences|
|Courses Offered||BDS, MDS|
|Hospital Attached||Siddhartha Medical College and Govt. General Hospital, Vijayawada|
|Category||Dental College in Andhra Pradesh|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|AP NEET 2022 BDS Counselling Support||Apply Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:–NTR University of Health Sciences
- Approved by:–DCI
- Aid Status:-Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
These are Government Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at GDCH Vijayawada:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Govt Dental College Offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programs with the duration and intake capacity.
Govt Dental College provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
Govt Dental College provides quality education and offers the following MDS course for three years.
|Oral Surgery||Three years|
|Conservative Dentistry||Three years|
MDS Intake Capacity
Here this selection will let you about GDCH Vijayawada BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in their skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of GDCH Vijayawada, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at GDCH Vijayawada is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for GDCH Vijayawada, these valuable resources will be beneficial. Let us have a look.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Course: NEET MDS
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Course: NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria
|Andhra Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Andhra Pradesh NEET MDS Counselling
|Andhra Pradesh NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh Dental Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 BDS Colleges in AP||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh NEET Merit List||Click Here|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category must score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Cutoff (Expected)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Expected Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the Expected Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 Expected Cut off Score||NEET 2022 Expected Cut off Percentile|
|General – PH||137-122||45th|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||137-108||40th|
|OBC/ SC/ ST- PH||121-108||40th|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Govt Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada 2019 Cutoff
|Govt Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
NEET MDS 2021 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Andhra Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Andhra Pradesh, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Andhra Pradesh State Counselling.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh must register for the NEET counselling 2022. Counselling of NEET 2022 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the selections in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to Govt Dental College & Hospital Vijayawada, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Note:- For more information about the NEET MDS Counselling. Click Here
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission, and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of the following documents during counselling.
- NEET MDS 2022 scorecard
- NEET MDS 2022 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BDS Degree Certificate (5)Permanent or provisional certificate provided by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Physically handicap medical certificate, if required.
- (10)SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College Vijayawada|
Government Dental College Vijayawada
Address: Machavaram, Gunadala Andhra Pradesh-520004
Email Id: email@example.com
Andhra Pradesh NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Andhra Pradesh NEET 2022 BDS Counselling Assistance||Apply Now|
|NEET 2022 BDS Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-7838438083|
|Dental Colleges Under 300 score||Apply Now|
|Study Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Govt. Dental College Vijayawada is 40.
A. Government Dental College Vijayawada is BDS Course duration is four years.
A. Yes, Govt. Dental College Vijayawada provides hostel facilities.
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to GDCH Vijayawada.
A. Machavaram, Gunadala Andhra Pradesh-520004.
A. GDCH Vijayawada is government.