The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC Pune) is one of the prestigious medical colleges in India. AFMC Pune was established in the year 1948. The Armed Forces Medical College Pune is managed by the Indian Armed Forces. The College is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and is approved by the NMC
In the article, we will share all the essential details about AFMC Pune like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Armed Forces Medical College Pune
The Armed Forces Medical College Pune has been ranked consistently 2nd best medical college by various university-ranking organisations.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the College details of Armed Forces Medical College Pune.
|Name of Institute||Armed Forces Medical College Pune|
|Popular Name||AFMC Pune|
|Year of Establishment||1948|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Maharashtra|
|NEET Study 2022 Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated to: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
Below we have mentioned the UG Courses offered by AFMC Pune.
Below we have mentioned the PG Courses offered by AFMC Pune.
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years|
|General Medicine||3 Years|
|Hospital Administration||3 Years|
|Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||3 Years|
|Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years|
|Sports Medicine||3 Years|
|Community Medicine||3 Years|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years|
|General Surgery||3 Years|
|Pulmonary Medicine||3 Years|
|M.Sc – Anatomy||2 Years|
|Master Of Hospital Administration||2 Years|
|PhD ( Pathology)||3 Years|
PG Course Intake Capacity
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||4|
|Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||8|
|M.Sc – Anatomy||10|
|Master Of Hospital Administration||30|
|PhD ( Pathology)||N/A|
Here in this selection, we will let you about the Armed Forces Medical College Pune MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As a faculty member, the Armed Forces Medical College Pune is responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programs at AFMC Pune is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you were applying for this College, these Useful Resources about Armed Forces Medical College Pune will help you do proper research.
|Admission Procedure||UG Course- NEET UG |
PG Courses: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses- NEET-UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses– Maharastra NEET UG Counselling|
For PG Courses: Maharashtra NEET PG Counselling
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Medical Colleges Fees Structure||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Maharashtra||Click Here|
Below we have mentioned the AFMC Pune Fee Structure for both the UG and PG courses, and candidates can check the latest fee details of the College.
|Course||Tution Fees||Development Fees|
|Course||Tution Fees||Development Fees|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counseling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Expected)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|General||50th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||To be announced|
|General-PwD||45th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC-PwD||40th percentile||To be announced|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra’s official portal, to get themselves registered for Maharashtra State MBBS & BDS Counselling 2022. But, first, let’s speak about the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2022. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Registration Process: Applicants have to register online for the counselling process and fill in all the required details in the form carefully.
- Provisional Merit List: After successful completion of the registration process, a merit list will be prepared.
- Document Verification Process: Shortlisted applicants will be able to proceed with the document verification process; you have to choose any one centre for document verification at the time of registration.
- Choice Filling Process: Applicants can fill in their choices/preferences through online mode.
- Seat Allotment: Applicants will be selected based on merit, preferences filled by them and availability of seats.
- Reporting Process: As per the seat allotment, you must report to the allotted college and carry their original documents and their photocopies to the allotted college on the prescribed date and timing.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC Pune), the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This Section will provide you with the Ranking and Reputation of AFMC Pune.
|Name of Institute||AFMC Pune|
Armed Forces Medical College
Location: Pune-Sholapur Road, Pune, Maharashtra
Official Website: https://www.afmc.nic.in/
Maharashtra NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The annual intake of AFMC Pune is 130 per year.
Ans. Yes, in AFMC Pune, both girls and boys can take admission.
Ans. Yes, it is a government college affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, approved by the National Medical Commission,
Ans. Yes, AFMC Pune has a separate hostel for girls.
Ans. Yes, AFMC Pune does offer postgraduate courses.
Ans. They provide world-class facilities to students including Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Hospital, Transport, Computer labs etc.
Ans. Armed Forces Medical College, Location: Pune-Sholapur Road, Pune, Maharashtra
Ans. Students have to qualify for NEET-UG 2022 to get admission to this prestigious College.
Ans. No, it is not a private college.
Ans. No, this College is for both men and women.
Ans. The full form of AFMC Pune is Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.