Baba Farid University of Health Sciences is located in Faridkot, Punjab. The college was established in July 1998 and is also known as BFUHS Faridkot. The institute is recognized by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It is also approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the Dental Council of India (DCI).
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot is one of the most premium universities that provide UG and PG medical courses and provides affiliation to various medical colleges.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the significant details of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab.
|College Name||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot, Punjab|
|Popular Name||BFUHS Faridkot|
|College Type||State university|
|Affiliated to||AIU, UGC, ACU|
|Courses offered||Various UG & PG Courses|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Punjab|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– AIU, UGC, ACU
- Approved by: – NMC
- Aid Status:-State University
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
The college offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|PG Courses||3 Years|
BFUHS Faridkot provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||4.6 Years+ 1 Year Internship|
BFUHS Faridkot provides quality education and offers the following PG courses duration of 3 Years.
|Name of Speciality||Name of Institute||Total Seats||50% AIQ||State Quota||IP||SC||BC||PWD (IP)|
|MD Anaesthesia||GMC Patiala||7||3||4||3||1||–||–|
|MD Biochemistry||GMC Patiala||4||2||2||2||–||–||–|
|MD T.B & Chest||GMC Patiala||5||2||3||2||1||–||–|
|MD Forensic Medicine||GMC Patiala||3||2||1||1||–||–||–|
|MD Medicine||GMC Patiala||12||6||6||4||1||1||–|
|MD Microbiology||GMC Patiala||1||1||0||–||–||–||–|
|MD Obst. & Gynae||GMC Patiala||12||6||6||2||2||1||1|
|MS Opthalmology||GMC Patiala||6||3||3||1||1||–||1|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about BFUHS Faridkot MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students as a faculty member of the BFUHS Faridkot is responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the critical courses under Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot, Punjab. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Punjab NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Punjab NEET PG Counselling
|Punjab NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Punjab Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top MBBS Colleges in Punjab||Click Here|
Punjab NEET Counselling Round 1 Date 2021 (Out)
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, released the Punjab NEET Round 1 Counselling Schedule; the online choice filling for 1st round will start from 19 January 2022. Let’s have a look.
|Choice filling for 1st Round of Online Counselling||19.01.2022 to 24.01.2022 (upto 11:55 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25.01.2022 to 29.01.2022|
|Reporting by candidates to the respective provisionally allotted colleges and deposition of six months tuition fee through University Payment Gateway available on the University website in Student Login||Upto 07.02.2022 (till 5:00 PM)|
Punjab NEET Counselling Flow Chart
The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot, Punjab fee structure for various courses is affordable and mentioned below.
NOTE: For 2nd, 3rd & 4th Year Tuition Fee with 10% increase in every year and for NRI Candidate the fell fee will be charged 44,000/-
|Name of Course||Annual Fee (1st Prof)||The 6-month fees are to be deposited on the spot|
|MD/MS (Basic)||2,60,000||Min. 2.0 Lac to be remitted at the counselling venue|
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
BFUHS Faridkot Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||NEET PG cut off percentile||NEET cut off scores 2020||Cutoff scores 2019|
|Unreserved – PH||45th||342||317|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th||319||295|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Punjab NEET Counselling
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Punjab must register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by BFUHS Faridkot, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2021
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot|
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot,
Address: Sadiq Road, Society Nagar, Faridkot, Punjab 151203
Telephone No: 0163 925 7884
Email Id: email@example.com
Punjab NEET 2021 Admission Support
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. There is a total number of 8 medical colleges that are affiliated with BFUHS Faridkot.
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), MS (Ophthalmology), MD (Forensic Medicine).
Ans. Yes, this college does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. BFUHS Faridkot is located at Sadiq Road, Society Nagar, Faridkot, Punjab 151203.