Hello NEET Aspirants. We hope your preparation for the NEET exam is going well. In this article, we will explain the NEET Dress Code 2022. The National Testing Agency (NTA) released the NEET 2022 application form on 06 April 2022. The authorities prescribed the NEET dress code for girls & boys in the official information brochure. So the candidates must follow the dress code of NEET 2022 according to the National Testing Agency (NTA) guidelines. The NEET-UG exam is gone held on July 17, 2022.
1. Quick Facts
2. Dress Code For NEET
3. Religious Dress
4. NEET 2022 Dress code in PDF
5. Barred Items
6. NEET 2022 exam day guidelines
7. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before discussing the whole NTA NEET UG entrance exam, like the Application form, important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, NEET 2021 cutoff, counselling etc., let’s look at the Quick fact about NEET.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode (Pen, Paper)|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours & 20 minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages available for the Examination||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Urdu, Punjabi and Malayalam.|
Dress Code For NEET 2022
NTA is strict about the Dress Code for the NEET Exam, and the rules are mandatory for both boys and girls. These specifications must be strictly followed if the candidate fails to do so, it can lead to disqualification from the exam. Hence, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Here are the instructions for both male and female candidates:-
Here is the list of instructions to be followed by male candidates on exam day.
- Pick simple clothes, half-sleeved shirts.
- Shirts with big buttons are not allowed.
- Wear light-coloured trousers or pants.
- Avoid wearing jeans.
- Sandals and slippers with low heels are allowed. Boots, shoes, sneakers, and loafers are not allowed.
- Long or full sleeve shirts are not allowed.
- Kurta pyjamas, layering of clothes with jackets etc., should be avoided.
- Ornaments/accessories such as chains, earrings, rings, nose pins, pendants, anklets, bangles, bracelets etc., will have to be removed before you enter the examination hall.
Female aspirants appearing for NEET 2022 must follow this set of guidelines.
- Wear light-coloured, simple, half-sleeved clothes. Long and fancy sleeves should be avoided.
- Attire should not have fancy embroidery, big buttons, flowers, designed pockets, frills, elaborate designs, floral designs etc.
- Wear a Salwar/trousers for the exam.
- Sandals or slippers with low heels are allowed, but shoes, closed/covered sandals, slippers, high heels, stilettos and other fancy footwear are not allowed. Wear open-toed sandals.
- Layering clothes, sweatshirts, jackets, shrugs etc, should be avoided.
- Metallic /non-metallic jewellery should be avoided.
- Avoid leggings and churidars.
- Ornaments/accessories such as chains, earrings, rings, nose pins, pendants, anklets, bangles, bracelets etc., must be removed before entering the examination hall.
NEET 2022 Dress code in PDF
The brochure has provided the list of columns to be filled in NEET 2022 Dress Code, which can be checked below.
Due to religious responsibilities, candidates who cannot follow these rules are expected to mention the same while filling out the NEET application form under the option “Customary dress”. Those candidates must report to the exam centre at least one hour before getting through proper security procedures.
Aspirants are prohibited from taking the following items in the examination hall.
- Stationery items such as pencils/pens, geometry/pencil boxes, erasers, sharpeners, pouches, calculators, writing pads, textual material, log tables etc., are not permitted.
- Pen drives, electronic pens, scanners, mobile devices, Bluetooth, earphones, microphones, pager, health bands and related accessories are not allowed.
- Goggles, handbags, wallet, belt, cap, watch/wristwatch, camera, bracelet etc., is not allowed.
- Eatables – open or packed, water bottle etc. not allowed
- Please note that the exam centre does not take responsibility for your belongings.
NEET 2022 exam day guidelines
The list of items provided and required to be carried inside the examination hall on the day of the NEET 2022 exam includes the following:
- NEET 2022 admit card: No applicant without their NEET admit card will be allowed to enter the examination centre.
- ID proof: Taking your valid photo ID card is a must, without which entry to the exam hall will not be allowed.
- Passport size picture: Aspirants must carry a passport-size photograph of them.
- Proforma: Applicants must paste their colour postcard-size picture on the proforma and carry it to the examination hall.
NEET 2022 Admission Support
|LIVE NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|Talk to NEET Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?||Enquire Now|
|Admission 2022 Help Desk||Enquire Now|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can a Sikh student wear his traditional kara and kirpan in the exam hall?
Q. I am a Muslim girl, observe hijab/burqa. Is that allowed?
A. Yes, it is. While filling out the application form, you should select the customary dress option. Such candidates must appear one hour prior and inform the about the same to the invigilator.
Q. Is floral printed Kurti allowed?
A. No, it is not allowed.
Q. Is legging/churidar allowed?
A. No, it is not allowed.
Q. Can I wear jeans?
A. You may wear jeans, but make sure that it is not too fashionable. It should be simple.
Q. What happens if I fail to follow the dress code?
A. If you fail to abide by the NEET dress code, as per your violation, the action shall be taken. You will not be allowed to enter the examination hall
Q. I am diabetic. Can I take my tablet?
A. If you have diabetes, you would be allowed certain tablets under the strict provision.
Q. Can I take my water bottle?
A. No, you are not allowed to carry your bottle.
Q. Is a pen allowed?
A. No, pens are not allowed. Once you enter the exam hall and take your allotted seats, the invigilator will provide you with your pen.
Q. As metallic things are not allowed, I wear braces on my teeth. Will I be allowed to appear for NEET?
A. Yes, you will certainly be allowed to take up the exam. But, you will have to appear at least 30 minutes prior and explain your condition to the examiner.
Q. Can I wear spectacles?
A. Yes, if you have been wearing it for medical reasons, you can. But if you wear one to make a style statement/fashion, you will not be allowed to wear spectacles.
Q. Is tattoos allowed?
A. No, tattoos are strictly not allowed per the guidelines by NTA.
Q. Can I wear Mehendi/henna on my hand?
A. There has been no such strict specification regarding henna, but it is better to avoid applying Mehendi to the exam hall. That is because wearing Mehendi may lead to issues during the bio-metric verification of the candidate. The candidate may not be allowed to appear for the exam if the step of bio-metric verification fails due to henna application.