Studying MBBS in Bulgaria is easy, cheap and flexible. The country probably has one of the Best Medical Universities and education systems in the world producing a literacy rate of 98.4% (It is a country in Southeast Europe). You can apply for MBBS courses in Bulgaria without giving any donation amount to the institute.
Bulgaria has always been ahead in the field of education and more specifically medicine. These conditions make Bulgaria a premier destination for all Medical Aspirants in India. Throughout the article, we will get to know about various aspects of MBBS In Bulgaria 2019 with all the pros and cons associated with it.
Bulgaria, officially the Republic of Bulgaria, is a country in Southeastern Europe. The official language of the Bulgarian people of all ethnicities is Bulgarian. Sofia is the capital city of Bulgaria as well as the country’s largest city. It is the nation’s economic hub city and is home to more than one million Bulgarians.
|Area||110,993.6 km2 (42,854.9 sq mi)|
|Capital City||Sofia |
Other largest cities: Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Ruse, Stara Zagora etc.
|Climate||continental, with cold winters and warm to hot summers|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|Religion||Eastern Orthodox Christianity, Roman Catholic, Protestants (Greek-Roman Catholics and Protestants)|
MBBS in Bulgaria 2019 Fact Check;
Bulgaria higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Bulgaria a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works at the majority of Bulgarian universities. Here are some of the fact check to counter safety measures of Bulgaria for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- It is always a wise decision to carry your enrolment credentials and your student visa while leaving out from the campus. A copy of the passport, visa and registration papers is a must.
- Be on guard and don’t walk around unnecessarily and you should be fine. Bulgaria may not be as safe as Switzerland, but it’s one of the safest countries to pursue your higher studies.
Bulgaria has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study mbbs in Bulgaria, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year. |
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||70% marks with NEET score|
|Medium of Teaching||English/Bulgarian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
The Admission procedure for Studying mbbs in Bulgaria is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Bulgaria.
- Now you are all set for Study in Bulgaria. All the Best..!!
Before taking admission in Medical college of Bulgaria, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Bulgaria.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Bulgarian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Bulgaria
Before going to Admission in Medical college in Bulgaria, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Bulgaria. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Bulgaria are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 6th||7th – 12th Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings |
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in Bulgaria.
Top MBBS Colleges in Bulgaria
Here are the updated list 2019-20 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Bulgaria officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
Higher Medical Institute – Pleven
Medical University, Plovdiv
Medical University, Sofia
Medical University, Varna
MBBS in Bulgaria Fees Structure;
Hopefully; Bulgaria stands as one of the prime destinations when we say MBBS abroad to Indian students. The advance Medical Education and quality-driven training by medical universities of Bulgaria are one of the prime concern that makes the country first choice for medical studies. All universities are perceived from WHO, MCI, and many other international medical bodies. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Bulgaria is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Bulgaria.
|Name Of University||Tuition Fees/ Year||Hostel Fees|
|Higher Medical Institute – Pleven||7500 euro||50-70 euro per month|
|Medical University, Plovdiv||8000 euro||NA|
|Medical University, Sofia||8000 euro||NA|
|Medical University, Varna||3,350 EUR||NA|
|Thracian University||4000 Euro per academic year||NA|
Pros & Cons;
Do you know? Education in Bulgaria is overseen by the Ministry of Education and Science. There are fifty-one higher educational institutions in Bulgaria offering degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Bulgaria, here are just a few:
Advantages of Study in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian medical universities and colleges far better education when compared to Indian private medical colleges. The main focus here is to enable students to acquire practical expertise. Students also have access to advanced technologies and devices.
- EMI available on Processing Fee
- 24×7 support services
- Medical students in Bulgaria are provided with the opportunities to gain practical knowledge through experiments and clinical clerkship.
- The infrastructure and facilities of hostels are excellent and Indian cuisines are served at the hostels to give students a homely feeling.
- Students studying in Bulgaria get the opportunity to complete their internship program from the world-class medical college and hospitals of the world.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- MBBS colleges in Bulgaria provide great academics, as well as sports.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: Is there an age requirement for applicants?
Answer: No, There is no age requirement for the applicants. It is mandatory through the applicants to have graduated secondary education (high school) and to have obtained a Diploma of completed secondary school (secondary school leaving certificate).
Q.2: How do I get eligibility from Medical Council of India?
Answer: If you have applied for the admission, you need to apply in prescribed format to MCI too. MCI on due appraisal at their end shall issue a necessary certificate as per its regulations.
Q.3: Can I practice in India upon my return?
Answer: Yes, for practising in India, you have to register yourself with the Indian Medical Council of India as a medical practitioner by clearing an MCI Screening Test. Once you clear this test, you will be allowed to anywhere in India.
Q.4: Can I apply for in a Government Hospital or allied medical institutions in India?
Answer: Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test you will be eligible for any government appointment.
Q.5: What happens if I fail to clear the screening test of MCI?
Answer: If you have studied abroad there are none chances that you can’t clear the screening test. However, for some students, it might be difficult to pass the test in the first attempt. Such students can take this test any number of times.
Q.6: I want to cook my own food!
Answer: If you want you can! Hostels provide shared a kitchen with their students and if you will take rent on an apartment or shared rooms, they all have a kitchen attached.
Q.7: Can I come back during the year?
Answer: During vacations in winters and summers, you can plan a trip to neighbouring countries or come back to India and spend your holiday’s at home. The winter vacations start during the last week of December for 10-15 days. The summer vacations are a longer period of 5-8 weeks around July/August/September depends upon the University.
Q.8: Are there many Indian students studying there?
Answer: Yes, there are many students studying there. Apart from them, there are numerous students from other countries too.
Q.6: Is student visa a mandatory in Bulgaria?
Answer: YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in any MBBS colleges in Bulgaria.
Q.7: Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Bulgaria?
Answer: YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q.8: How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Answer: MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q.9: Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Bulgaria?
Answer: Yes, once you clear the MCI screening Test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q.10: Is the Bulgaria Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Answer: Yes. The Bulgarian medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
- Medical (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Dental (BDS/MDS) Colleges in India
- Ayurveda (BAMS) Colleges in India
- Homoeopathic Medical (BHMS) Colleges in India
- Unani Medical (BUMS) Colleges in India
- Yoga Science (BNYS) Colleges in India
- Siddha Medical (BSMS) Colleges in India
- Veterinary (BVSC) Colleges in India
- Nursing (B.Sc) Colleges in India
- Physiotherapy (BPT/MPT) Colleges in India
- Pharmacy (B.Pharm/M.pharm) Colleges in India
- MBBS in Ukraine? Good, Bad or a Wise Decision!
- Want to Do MBBS from Russia? Read the full Inside Story here!
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!