MBBS in UAE: The United Arab Emirates, or simply the Emirates, is a country in Western Asia. It is located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula. It shares borders with Oman and Saudi Arabia while having maritime borders in the Persian Gulf with Qatar and Iran. The country UAE has a high literacy rate of around 93%. As a federation, UES was founded in 1971. The UAE’s two biggest and most famous cities, Abu Dhabi & and Dubai, attract millions of tourists annually. Dubai is the home to the tallest building in the world- Burj Khalifa and a city of skyscrapers. Another reason students diverge towards MBBS Courses in UAE is the country’s high literacy rate.
The course duration of MBBS in UAE is 5-6 Years, depending upon the university. Some universities offer five years, while in others, this extends to 6 years program. For MBBS students, Dubai is a great place for students wanting careers in the field of medicine, including doctors, dentists, nurses, and health care professionals. For international students to get a job in the country, hands-on experience is required, and students get the offer after completing their MBBS course.
1. Country Summary
2. Quick facts
3. Is MBBS in UAE safe
4. Eligibility Criteria
5. Admission Procedure
6. Documents Required
7. Top MBBS Colleges in UAE with Fees
8. Advantages and Disadvantages
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The United Arab Emirates, or simply the Emirates, is a country in Western Asia. It is located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula. It shares borders with Oman and Saudi Arabia while having maritime boundaries in the Persian Gulf with Qatar and Iran.
|climate with very dry, hot and humid
|(GMT+4) Gulf Standard Time
|United Arab Emirates Dirham
|76% Muslim, 9% Christian, Parsi 15%
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in UAE, let’s look at Quick facts.
|Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)
|5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)
|10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depending on University)
|Medium of Teaching
|NMC, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, Ministry of Education India
|NEET (Qualified only)
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor
Recognition of UAE Medical College
The most critical factors that decide a good and best medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters. UAE MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, UAE.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
Is MBBS in UAE safe for Indian students or not?
Compared to highly industrialized nations, the crime rate is pretty low in the United Arab Emirates. Crime is not a problem for people travelling to UAE. Incidents like pick-pocketing and vehicle breakthrough are also less, yet the embassies suggest that travellers do not leave their essentials unattended and vehicles unlocked. In short, UAE is a safe country for students.
UAE has become one of the top preferred destinations for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses abroad. If you too want to study MBBS in UAE, check the eligibility below.
|Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.
No Upper Age Limit.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Entry Requirements for Indian Students: If you want Admission to Russia, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
Before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in UAE, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from UAE.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the United Arab Emirates Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Top MBBS Colleges in UAE with Fees Structure
Below-mentioned is the updated list of 2023-24 NMC-approved medical colleges in the United Arab Emirates. For detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and to complete the college review, click the college link or Read more. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
|Name of Colleges
|Dubai Medical College for Girls
|Gulf Medical University Ajman
|Gulf University Bahrain UAE
|University of Sharjah UAE
|RAK Medical & Health Sciences University UAE
Top MBBS Colleges in UAE with Fees Structure (Graphical Representation)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in UAE
Do you know Education in UAE is overseen by the Ministry of Education? There are a lot of advantages to studying in UAE, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying MBBS in UAE
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and accepted worldwide.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to the institutions this NMC recognizes for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in UAE can complete their internship program at world-class medical colleges and hospitals worldwide.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in UAE provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from UAE medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in UAE
- As Arabic is the local language in UAE, therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Arabic Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is a little different. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. Which country is best for MBBS in Europe?
A. Romania, Italy, Germany, Belarus and Georgia are some of Europe’s most popular destinations for MBBS.
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
A. Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. There are several scholarships open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students
Q. What is the procedure for admission to MBBS in UAE?
A. To be eligible to apply for MBBS in UAE, one must fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned above. To be eligible with all the criteria fulfilled, you are required to share a colour scanned copy of your Higher Secondary School Certificate/ 10+2 mark sheet or equivalent, NEET Scorecard (Indian medical aspirants), Language Proficiency Scorecard, Character Certificate, Physical Medical fitness certificate, Equivalency Certificate, Passport Copy, Birth Certificate and passport size photograph to Jagvimal Consultants. Our team will further apply on your behalf at the university, share the letter of offer as and when received, and update you on the fee payment schedule. Upon receiving the visa invitation, visa processing will be initiated, followed by visa stamping and booking your tickets.
Q. Is any entrance exam required to qualify for MBBS in UAE?
A. No standard country admission test is required for admission to MBBS in the United Arab Emirates. However, a university may have an entrance test followed by a small online interview that the students must qualify to be eligible to be admitted at the university as a student. Qualifying for NEET is a mandatory requirement for an Indian medical aspirant.
Q. What is the fee to be paid for studying MBBS in UAE?
A. The fee for the study of medicine in UAE varies from university to university. As the country offers quality education, world-class infrastructure and in-depth clinical knowledge, education and living are expensive in UAE. The average tuition fee for the study of medicine ranges from AED 117639 to AED 122540 yearly. As per the current currency rate, the annual tuition fee goes above 24,00,000/- Rs. The other university expenses include accommodation, visa renewal, insurance, application fee and examination fee. Students and parents must have proper financial planning to study in an expensive country like UAE.
Q. Are there any scholarships for MBBS in UAE?
A. The scholarships in UAE are not officially declared. The universities may grant some scholarships to meritorious students, but it depends on the discretion and decision of the management. If the scholarships are granted at the universities in UAE, the student will be informed upon reaching the university and in the subsequent years while studying there.