MBBS in West Indies: The West Indies is a subregion of North America, surrounded by the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, including 13 independent island countries. West Indies is the desire of some of the finest students in India to seek foreign education after their senior secondary schooling. Medicine as a career in India is highly supported and considered a noble profession. We are an immense nation of 1.3 billion individuals, and there are huge shortages of well-skilled doctors for human services.
An Indian student can fulfil his dream of becoming a doctor in the Caribbean. The nations offer particularly positive highlights such as easy admission for Indian students compared to home universities. You are not required to clear your TOEFL or IELTS to be qualified.
The West Indies is a subregion of North America, surrounded by the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea that includes 13 independent island countries and 18 dependencies and other territories in three major archipelagos: the Greater Antilles, the Lesser Antilles, and the Lucayan Archipelago.
|Language||Official Languages: English|
|Climate||Winters are cold and snowy, and summers are warm and humid|
|Time Zone||(GMT-5) Eastern Standard Time|
|Currency||JMD Jamaican Dollar|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in West Indies, let’s look at Quick facts about Study MBBS in West Indies.
|Course Offered||Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)|
|Course Duration||5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depends on University)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, Ministry of Education India|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (Qualified only)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-9999709233|
Recognition of West Indies Medical College
The most critical factors that decide a good and best medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters. West Indies MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, West Indies.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
Why Study MBBS in West Indies?
- Worldwide recognized university
- MCI, WHO recognized
- Affordable fees
- Scholarships available
- A popular destination for Indian students
- High-quality education
- Modern infrastructure
- MCI training on campus
- Simple visa process
- Indian food
- Career opportunity
- Qualified faculty
West Indies has become one of the top preferred destinations for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in West Indies, check the eligibility below.
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO|
|NEET Entrance Exam||NEET Qualified (Only)|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Entry Requirements for Indian Students: If you want Admission to West Indies, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
Before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in West Indies, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from West Indies.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the West Indies Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Top MBBS Colleges in West Indies with Fees Structure
Below-mentioned is the updated list 2022-23 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in West Indies officially made by the NMC. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or Read more link. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Fees Structure|
|1||American International Medical University||7,31,860|
|2||International American University College of Medicine||7,31,000|
|3||International University of Health Sciences||26,07,170|
|4||All-American Institute of Medical Sciences||9,87,564|
|5||American University of Antigua College of Medicine||26,62,300|
|6||Ross University School of Medicine||18,07,737|
|7||Spartan Health Sciences University||5,14,356|
|8||The American University of Barbados||10,28,713|
|9||Washington University of Barbados||13,16,752|
|10||Trinity School of Medicine Saint Vincent||10,28,713|
|11||Windsor University of Medical Sciences||19,75,129|
|12||The University of West Indies||10,28,710|
Top MBBS Colleges in West Indies with Fees Structure (Graphical Representation)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in the West Indies
Do you know Education in West Indies is overseen by the Ministry of Education? There are a lot of advantages to studying in West Indies, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying MBBS in the West Indies
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and is accepted across the world.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to the institutions this NMC recognizes for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in West Indies get the opportunity to complete their internship program at the world-class medical college and hospitals of the world.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in West Indies provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from West Indies medical colleges are globally renowned and worth great.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in the West Indies
- As English is the local language in West Indies, therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the English Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is a little different. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. What is MBBS abroad?
A. MBBS abroad is a chance to study and complete your MBBS degree from a foreign university in a foreign country.
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
Q. Are there any entrance examinations needed to clear?
A. To get admission to a medical university in the Caribbean, you don’t need to qualify for any entrance examination as most of the Caribbean medical universities admit you to their MBBS/ MD Program based on your performance in school and your regional entrance exam qualification.
Q. What documents are required?
A. Required documents for MBBS in West Indies:
1. Passport as the Identification Card
2. Bank Passbook for Verification of the Availability of Cash
3. Letter of Sponsorship (if any)
4. 10th and 12th Board Examinations’ Marks sheet
5. 2 Passport size photographs
6. Student Visa
7. Admission Letter from the University Selected
8. Police verification certificate
Q. What is the general atmosphere in the West Indies like?
A. It is commonly tropical, fluctuating to tropical savanna and tropical rainforest.
Q. When is the correct time to apply for MBBS in West Indies?
A. Medical Universities have 3 yearly cycles – January, May and September. You need to apply in any event 2 months before your picked cycle start date.
Click here for more Education News