NEET-UG Application Form 2023: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an all-India level entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate MBBS, BDS and BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BSMS, BNYS courses in various government and private colleges across the country. As per the latest update for NTA official website, NEET UG Application form 2023 online registration has started. For Candidates who are preparing for NEET 2023, we are going to discuss every important process of the NTA NEET UG entrance exam like the Application form, important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, NEET cutoff, counselling, etc. The NEET exam has been conducted on 07 May 2023. NTA released the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG 2023) application form on 06/03/2023 at neet.nta.nic.in.
1. Quick Fact
2. Important dates
3. How to fill NEET 2023 Application Form?
4. NEET 2023 Application Correction Window
5. Documents Required
6. Frequently Asked Questions
The important information on NEET 2023 Application form is mentioned below in the table:
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode (Pen, Paper)|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages available for the Examination||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Urdu, Punjabi and Malayalam.|
NEET Application Form Dates (Out)
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-UG 2023 application form at neet.nta.nic.in.
|Publication of NTA NEET notification||06 March 2023|
|NEET application form release date 2023||06 March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||06 April 2023|
(up to 09:00 PM)
|NEET application form 2023 last date to submit registration fees||06 April 2023|
(up to 09:00 PM)
|NEET 2023 correction window opens||To be announced|
|NEET 2023 application form last date of the correction window||To be announced|
|NEET 2023 exam date||May 7, 2023|
Read Also: NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Get Latest Updated Entrance, Counselling Notice, Cutoff, Seats, Merit List etc.
- Get Latest NEET 2023 News by NTA via Edufever News
- Get Latest NEET UG & State Wise Counselling News via Edufever News
- Get Latest NEET PG & State Wise Counselling News via Edufever News
How to fill out the NEET 2023 Application Form?
NEET application form can be filled in two phases – one to be filled before the final submission of the NEET 2023 form, and the second set needs to be filled out before the declaration of the result. Filling all seats/phases at the time of availability is a major requirement for the NEET application form. The brochure has provided the list of columns to be filled in the NEET form, which can be checked below.
Step-1: Go to the official website of NTA NEET or neet.nta.nic.in
- Click on “Fill Registration Form” or the invitation for NEET-UG 2023 Registration.
- Candidates click on ‘New Registration’ and read the instructions.
- To complete the NEET registration, students must verify the above details and submit them.
- To complete the NEET registration, candidates must verify the above details and submit them.
- This is a mandatory step in NEET 2023 registration where Students must click on the OTP verification to verify the same. They must use the OTP sent to their registered mobile number.
Step 2: Apply online for NEET 2023
- Click on “Click here to log in”
- Login using the application number and password
- The NEET 2023 application will open on your screen
- Details entered during the registration process will be pre-filled in the application and cannot be changed
- Check all the details carefully as they cannot be changed after the final submission of the NEET application form
- To submit the duly checked application form, click on “Yes, please do” on the confirmation pop-up
Step-3: Upload scanned images
- Click on “Upload your recent documents”
- Select the files to be uploaded
- Click on “Next”
- Step 4: Make Payment
- Select the desired mode of payment ( SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI)
Step-4: Pay the application fee
NEET UG Registration 2023 Form Fee
In this section, you can get detailed information about the category-wise NEET UG Registration 2023 Form Fee for centres in India and outside.
|Category of Candidate||Centres In India (Fee in ₹)||Centres Outside India (Fee in ₹)|
|General||₹ 1700/-||₹ 9500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||₹ 1600/-||₹ 9500/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||₹ 1000/-||₹ 9500/-|
NOTE: Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
Step-5: Print Confirmation
Save and print the filled application form for NEET 2023 along with the confirmation slip.
NEET UG 2023: Important Instructions for Candidates
In this section, you can get detailed information about the Important Instructions for Candidates at the time of NEET UG Registration 2023.
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) – 2023 through the “Online” mode only through the website https://neet.nta.nic.in/
- Submission of the Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website https://neet.nta.nic.in/ The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/Guardians’ only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
- All candidates are required to upload address proof (Present and permanent address) during the online Application Form of NEET (UG) – 2023. The address proof may include AADHAAR Card, Domicile Certificate, Passport, Voter ID card, etc. Both documents (if applicable) are to be merged and uploaded in a single pdf file. If the Present and Permanent addresses are the same, then the same document will suffice.
NEET 2023 Application Correction Window
NTA will give Aspirants an option to change certain fields through the correction window of the NEET application form 2023. The correction window is expected to be activated after the NEET 2023 application process and is likely to remain open for at least two weeks.
NEET Application Form Documents Required
- Scanned image of passport-size photograph (between 10 to 200 kb).
- Scanned image of signature (between 4 to 30 kb).
- Scanned image of left thumb impression (in case the left-hand thumb is unavailable, right-hand thumb impression can be used and file size should be between 10 to 50 kb)
- Image of 10th class certificate (between 100 to 300 kb).
- Image of postcard size photograph (between 50 to 300 kb).
NEET 2023 application form Specification of scanned documents
|Documents||Specifications||Size and Format||Specification for tool|
|Passport Photograph||Latest photograph white background80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background||Size – 10 Kb to 200 KbFormat – JPG||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Postcard size picture||Must be taken on or after September 1, 2023. Preferably with the name and date of taking the photograph. The photograph should not be with a cap or goggles.80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background||4″x6″ (Size 10 kb – 200 kb)||4.25 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Signature||White BackgroundSign with black pen signature must not be in capital letters.||Size – 4 Kb to 30 KbFormat – JPG||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Left-hand thumb impression||In case of any eventuality of the left-hand thumb being unavailable, the right-hand thumb impression may be used blue ink on white paper||Size: 10 kb to 200 kb||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Class 10 passing certificate||The candidate should scan his/her Class X Passing Certificate for uploading||Size – 50 kb to 300 kb||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Category certificate||SC/ST/OBC/EWS certificate||Size – 50 kb to 300 kb||PDF format|
|PwBD certificate||Certificate obtained by the list of centres mentioned in the brochure||Size – 50 kb to 300 kb||PDF format|
|Citizenship certificate||Citizenship/Embassy certificate or any documentary proof of citizenship in PDF format||Size – 50 kb to 300 kb||PDF format|
NEET UG Applicant statistics over the years
A year-wise statistics guide to the NEET UG can be checked below.
|Candidates||NEET 2022||NEET 2021||NEET 2020||NEET 2019||NEET 2018||NEET 2017|
|Number of candidates registered||1872343||1614777||1597435||15,19,375||13,26,725||11,38,890|
|A number of candidates appeared||1764571||1544275||1366945||14,10,755||12,69,922||10,90,085|
|Registered male candidates||807538||710979||716586||6,80,414||5,80,649||4,97,043|
|Appeared male candidates||–||—||618075||6,30,283||5,53,849||4,73,305|
|Registered female candidates||1064794||903782||880843||8,38,955||7,46,075||6,41,839|
|Appeared female candidates||–||—||748866||7,80,467||7,16,072||6,16,772|
|Registered transgender candidates||11||16||6||6||1||8|
|Appeared transgender candidates||–||—||4||5||1||8|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the NEET 2023 application form out?
NTA released the NEET 2023 application form on 06/03/2023.
How can I pay the NEET application fee?
Can I change my address using the NEET correction window?
Yes, you can change the address using the correction window of the NEET 2023 application form.
What is the NEET 2023 application fee for General Candidates?
The application form fee for NEET 2023 for General candidates is INR 1700 and for EWS candidates is INR 1600.
How do we know if our NEET application form 2023 is accepted?
After completing the NEET registration form 2023, Candidates can check the NEET application status after logging in using the login credentials.
Can I submit the application fee offline mode?
No, you can pay NEET Application through online mode only.
Is it necessary to provide an email ID and mobile number while filling out the NEET 2023 application form?
Yes, it is mandatory to provide an email ID and mobile number while filling out the NEET 2023 application form as all communication regarding the exam will be sent through email and SMS.
What documents do I need to upload while filling out the NEET 2023 application form?
1. Passport-size photograph
2. Signature as per candidates
3. Left-hand thumb impression
4. Class 10th passing certificate
5. Class 12th mark sheet
Is there an offline mode of application for NEET 2023?
No, there is no offline mode of application for NEET 2023. The application form can only be filled out online.
NEET UG 2023 Resources
|Major Notification||Click Here||Application Form||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here||Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Book||Click Here|
|Preparation Tips||Click Here||Reservation Criteria||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here||Exam Centre||Click Here|
|NEET Chemistry Preparation||Click Here||NEET Physics Preparation||Click Here|
|NEET Biology Preparation||Click Here||Chemistry MCQ Preparation||Click Here|
|Physics MCQ Preparation||Click Here||NEET Biology MCQ Preparation||Click Here|
Cutt off neet ayush marks for 2023
When the counseling will start for mbbs in gujarat ?
The offical news has not been released yet.
Based on NEET Score