Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences is one of the newer builds Medical College, popularly known as PRIMS Manamai, situated in Thirukazugundram Taluk, Kanchipuram.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Medical College Fees Structure and Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences Manamai
The Institute was founded in 2016. The College is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai, and recognized by the NMC.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of PRIMS Manamai.
|Name of Institute||Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences Manamai|
|Popular Name||Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Medical College, PRIMS Manamai|
|Year of Establishment||2016|
|Affiliated||The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Medical College Manamai offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
PRIMS Manamai offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||4.5+ one year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences.
MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medic Madras Medical College, Chennai, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.O.P.D.sbegin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.E.N.T.hthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the compulsory courses which come under PRIMS Manamai. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG|
|Eligibility Criteria||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021||For U.G. Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Cutoff 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Seat Matrix 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
Here we describe the Fee structure of PRIMS Manamai for the UG course.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu, to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET 2021, Let us first look at the Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling schedule.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the online portal selections.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to College: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted College and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. to College (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||PRIMS Manamai|
Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences
Address: Manamai – Nallur, East Coast Road,
Chennai – 603 102, Kancheepuram District
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants at Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences is 150
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Medical Sciences Manamai – Nallur, East Coast Road, Chennai – 603 102, Kancheepuram District
Looking to this year completion and cutoff analysis anything around 450+ will help you to get Pvt Medical College in the state.
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of PRIMS Manamai then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from PRIMS Manamai.