Dr R Ahmed Dental College & Hospital Kolkata is one of the reputed Government Dental Colleges in Kolkata. The college is popularly known as Dr R Ahmed Dental College Kolkata and was founded in 1951-52.
The college was established to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. DR R Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Kolkata were started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
Dr R Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Kolkata
The college is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the important details of Dr R Ahmed Dental College Kolkata.
|Name of Institute||DR R Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Kolkata|
|Popular Name||DRADCH Kolkata, Dr R Ahmed Dental College Kolkata|
|Location||114 AJC BOSE ROAD, OPPOSITE NRS HOSPITAL|
|Year of Establishment||1951-52|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS)|
|Courses offered||BDS MDS|
|Category||Dental College In West Bengal|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS)
- Approved by:– Dental Council Of India
- Aid Status:- Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
MDS Courses Offered
|Oral Surgery||3 years|
|Conservative Dentistry||3 years|
|Oral Pathology||3 years|
|Oral Medicine||3 years|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 years|
MDS Intake Capacity
Here in this selection, we will let you about Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of the medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman, these valuable resources will be beneficial. Let us have a look.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Course: NEET MDS
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Course: NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET MDS Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal Dental Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 BDS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
The fee structure of DR R Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Kolkata for the undergraduate and postgraduate Dental courses is mentioned below.
BDS Course Fees
|Particular||State Quota Fees(Annual)|
|Tuition Fee||31,200/- (48 Months)|
- Amount to be paid during admission time 5900/-
|Hostel Fee||12 seat/rent|
MDS Course Fees
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET MDS 2022 Expected Cut Off
We have mentioned the below table for the expected NEET 2022 cutoff score and percentile for General and SC/ST/OBC Categories.
|Category||NEET 2022 Expected Cut off Score||NEET 2022 Expected Cut off Percentile|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||137-108||40th|
|General – PH||137-122||45th|
|OBC/ SC/ ST- PH||121-108||40th|
NEET MDS Cutoff 2021
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Revised qualifying percentile|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||26.971|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||21.971|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||16.971|
West Bengal NEET Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling.
- Enrollment & Online Fee Payment
- Publication of Seat Matrix -Round 1
- Registration, Choice Filling and Locking of Choices
- Seat Allotment Process – Round 1
- Result Publication – Round 1
- Reporting for admission at the Allotted Institution – Round 1
- Subsequent rounds
For aspirants applying to Dr R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Calcutta, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- NEET MDS result
- NEET MDS admit card
- BDS degree certificate
- BDS mark sheets
- Internship Completion Certificate (mentioned that the candidate has completed his/ her internship on or before 31st March 2022)
- Registration Certificate from the Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC)
- Birth Certificate or Class X mark sheet
- Photo Id proof (PAN card/ Driving Licence/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar card/ Passport)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC – if applicable)
- Disability Certificate issued by the medical board (if applicable)
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dr R Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Kolkata|
Dr R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Calcutta
Address: 114 AJC Bose Road, Opposite NRS Hospital
West Bengal, Kolkata-700014
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Bengal NEET 2022 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Dental Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman
A. Yes, Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman provides hostel facilities.
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman.
A. 114 AJC Bose Road, Opposite NRS Hospital West Bengal, Kolkata-700014
A. Burdwan Dental College & Hospital Bardhaman is Government.