Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Kolkata. The college is popularly known as Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata and was founded in 2002-03.
The college was established to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research
The college is affiliated with The West Bengal University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Guru Nanak Dental College Kolkata.
|Name of Institute||Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata|
|Popular Name||G.I.D.S.R. Kolkata, Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata|
|Location||157/F Nilgunj Road, Panihati, Kolkata – 700114|
|Year of Establishment||2002-03|
|Affiliated to||The West Bengal University of Health W.B.U.H.S.ces (W.B.U.H.S.)|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College In West Bengal|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: Dental Council Of India
- Aid Status: Private
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
BDS Intake Capacity
MDS Intake Capacity
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||5|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||5|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||5|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||5|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||5|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||5|
We will let you know about the Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata BDS Syllabus here in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you apply for the Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata, these valuable resources will benefit you. Let us have a look.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Course: NEET MDS
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Course: NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET MDS Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal Dental Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Seat Allotment List 2022||Click Here|
|Top 10 BDS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
The fee structure of Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata for the undergraduate and postgraduate Dental courses is mentioned below.
|Particular||State Quota Fees||Management Quota|
|Tuition Fee||2,25000/- (Per year)||6,00,000/- (Per year)|
|Caution Money||15000/- (Refundable)||15000/- (Refundable)|
|Particular||State Quota Fees||Management Quota|
|Tuition Fee||3,00,000/- (Per year)||9,00,000/- (Per year)|
|Caution Money||15000/- (Refundable)||15000/- (Refundable)|
- Hostel Admission Fee For B.D.S Students Rs. 10000/-(to be paid at the time of Hostel Admission) & Hostel Fee Rs. 5500/- per month (including fooding & lodging).
- Hostel Admission Fee For M.D.S Students Rs. 10000/-(to be paid at the time of Hostel Admission) & Hostel Fee Rs. 6000/- per month (including fooding & lodging).
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores—aspirants who apply for the Institute World’sforlear the World’s various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
NEET-MDS 2022 Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-MDS 2022. By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Graphical Representation)
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Enrollment & Online Fee Payment
- Publication of Seat Matrix -Round 1
- Registration, Choice Filling and Locking of Choices
- Seat Allotment Process – Round 1
- Result Publication – Round 1
- Reporting for admission at the Allotted Institution – Round 1
- Subsequent rounds
For aspirants applying to Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling M.D.S Procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the BDS formalities.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta|
Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta
Address: 157/F Nilgunj Road, Panihati, Kolkata – 700114 West Bengal-700114
Official Website: www.gnidsr.ac.in
West Bengal NEET 2022 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9711994494|
|Dental Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9711994494|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata is 100.
Q. Does Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata have a hostel?
A. Yes, Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata?
A. Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata.
Q. Can I know the exact location of Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata?
A. 157/F Nilgunj Road, Panihati, Kolkata – 700114 West Bengal-700114.
Q. Is Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata is government or private?
A. Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata is Government.