Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Kolkata. The college is popularly known as GIDSR Kolkata and was founded in the year 2002-03. The college is affiliated with The West Bengal University of Health Sciences and is approved by Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
The college was established with an objective of fortification the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Download Hand Written Notes for NEET-UG 2020 Examination Click Here
1. Useful Resources
2. College Summary
3. Neet MDS Resources
4. Courses Offered
5. Admission Process
6. Sample Papers
7. Fee Structure
11. Ranking and Reputation
12. Contact Address
13. Frequent Asked Questions
Useful Neet UG Resources
Below we have mentioned the NEET UG 2020 Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET UG 2020 exam
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Guru Nanak Dental College Kolkata.
|Name of Institute||Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata|
|Popular Name||GIDSR Kolkata, Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata|
|Location||157/F Nilgunj Road, Panihati, Kolkata – 700114|
|Year of Establishment||2002-03|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS)|
|Courses offered||BDS MDS|
|Rating this College||Click Here|
|Category||Dental College In West Bengal|
|Get Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about the Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkata Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Useful Neet MDS Resources
Below we have mentioned the NEET MDS 2020 Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET MDS 2020 exam
|Notification 2020||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: Dental Council Of India
- Aid Status: Private
- Comp Labs
|No. of Boy’s Hostels||Total Capacity||No. Of Girl’s Hostels||Total Capacity||Academic Year|
Dental Chairs Details
|No.Of Dental Chairs||Academic Year|
College Infrastructure Details
|Academic Year||Constructed Area(In sq. ft.)||Non-Constructed Area(In sq. ft.)||Total Area(In sq. ft.)|
Course Essential Certificates
|Course Name||Speciality||Certificate Type||Letter No||Issue Date||Issuing Authority|
|BDS||N/A||Recognition Letter||V-12017/37/2002-DE||25 Jun 2008||Government of India|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry||Recognition Letter||V.12017/19/2016-DE||27 Dec 2016||Government of India|
|MDS||Oral Pathology||Recognition Letter||V.12017/19/2016-DE||27 Dec 2016||Government of India|
|MDS||Orthodontics||Recognition Letter||V.12017/19/2016-DE||27 Dec 2016||Government of India|
|MDS||Pedodontics||Recognition Letter||V.12017/19/2016-DE||27 Dec 2016||Government of India|
|MDS||Periodontics||Recognition Letter||V.12017/19/2016-DE||27 Dec 2016||Government of India|
|MDS||Prosthodontics||Recognition Letter||V.12017/19/2016-DE||27 Dec 2016||Government of India|
|MDS||Oral Surgery||Recognition Letter||V.12017/16/2018-DE||28 Feb 2020||Government of India|
Courses Offered & Seat Details (Intake Capacity)
|Course||Speciality||Academic Year||Approved Seats||Recognised Seats||Ews Seats||Intake Capacity||Permitted Seats||Admitted Seats|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG dental Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG dental Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
I was thinking to take admission to the Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata? Ask your admission related queries here: Click Here
Here have to provide NEET-UG 2020 Sample Papers that will help you to crack NEET-UG 2020 examination.
Physics Sample Papers
Chemistry Sample Papers
Biology Sample Papers
Want to score’s 600+marks in NEET 2020? Try these Topper’s Notes & Study Material-
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have a BDS degree from a dental college recognized by DCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
Fees Structure (Released)
|Particular||State Quota Fees|
|Tuition Fee||2,25000/- (4 years)|
- Amount to be paid during admission time 255000
|Particular||Management Quota Fees|
|Tuition Fee||6,00,000/- (4 years)|
- Amount to be paid during admission time 630000
|Academic Session||For M.D.S seats to be filled up by the State Quota through the rules of reservation as applicable (NEET PG Qualified)||For M.D.S seats filled up by the Management Quota (NEET PG Qualified)|
|Tuition fees per year||Admission fees||Caution Money(Refundable)||Tuition fees per year||Admission fees||Caution Money(Refundable)|
***Cost of Prospectus and Application form: Rs. 1000/-
- Hostel Admission Fee For B.D.S Students Rs. 10000/-(to be paid at the time of Hostel Admission) & Hostel Fee Rs. 5500/- per month (including fooding & lodging).
- Hostel Admission Fee For M.D.S Students Rs. 10000/-(to be paid at the time of Hostel Admission) & Hostel Fee Rs. 6000/- per month (including fooding & lodging).
- Examination Fees (for every semester), University Registration Fees (one-time payment) are to be paid as per University Regulations as and when notified by the University.
I just know the admission procedure to take admission in BDS & MDS at the Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata? Click Here to know more…
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
NOTE:- Check the various Top scholarship scheme in India
|Central Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Top Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Scheme||Click Here|
Apart from these scholarship schemes, one can also apply for various educational loans offered by banks in India. You may also check these popular educational loans.
|Banks of India||Links Here|
|State Bank of India||Click Here|
|HDFC Bank||Click Here|
|Punjab National Bank||Click Here|
|Axis Bank||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank||Click Here|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2020 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
If you want to know the Cut-off of UG Gurunanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Kolkata (Click Here to know more..)
Note: To know more about the Cutoff of College of Dentistry (UPUMS Saifai) Etawah Click Here.
West Bengal NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 West Bengal State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the West Bengal NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in West Bengal must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Note: To know more about the West Bengal BDS Counselling Click Here.
Other Nearest states Counselling procedure
|Odisha NEET BDS Counselling||Click here|
|Sikkim NEET BDS Counselling||Click here|
|Bihar NEET BDS Counselling||Click here|
|Jharkhand NEET BDS Counselling||Click here|
|Assam NEET BDS Counselling||Click here|
Aspirants who are applying to Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
Note: To know more about the West Bengal MDS Counselling Click Here.
Other Nearest states Counselling procedure
|Odisha NEET MDS Counselling||Click here|
|Bihar NEET MDS Counselling||Click here|
|Jharkhand NEET MDS Counselling||Click here|
|Assam NEET MDS Counselling||Click here|
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Entrance Exams in India
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta|
|Review this college||Click Here|
- It is one of the premier Dental College in Uttar Pradesh.
- We would like to give 3.7 out of 5 stars on Edufever Dental Colleges in West Bengal.
Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research Kolkatta
Address: 157/F Nilgunj Road, Panihati, Kolkata – 700114 West Bengal-700114
Phone:(033) 2583 9998
Fax: (033) 2583 9997
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Official Website: www.gnidsr.ac.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode. An OMR Sheet will be provided to the candidate to mark the answers.
A. The National Testing Agency has received a lot of requests from NEET applicants to conduct the exam twice a year. Still, this change will not be implemented this year. Thus, NEET 2020 will be held only once.
A. According to the official notification released by NTA, a candidate can appear for NEET any number of times. There is no limitation on the number of attempts permitted.
A. To get admission in government medical college, one must secure at least 600 marks in NEET 2020.
A. NEET 2020 will be a 3-hour duration long paper and the exam will be held from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
A. NEET 2020 question paper will be available in 11 languages, but, the language has to be filled during the registration process. Apart from Hindi and English, the candidate can choose from Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada and Telugu.
A. Candidates who do not have computer or internet can avail of the facility of Common Services Centre (CSC). These centres will help in filling the application form, paying the application fee and downloading the admit card.
A. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the NEET exam in 2019. before 2019, NEET was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
A. No, the exam pattern for NEET 2020 remains the same. But there might be some possibilities to see changes in the academic session 2021-22.
A. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for NEET. According to NTA, a candidate can appear for NTA as many times as he/she needs to qualify the examination.
A. Yes, you can apply for NEET 2020 provided you have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. To apply for NEET 2020, you must also have cleared these subjects individually.
A. According to the guidelines set by NTA, Tamil language question paper will only be available in the test cities in Tamil Nadu. Hence, if you want to choose Tamil as the medium of the question paper, you will have to opt for a test city in Tamil Nadu state only.
A. The application fee for NEET 2020 is Rs 1400 for all the candidates who belong to the General or OBC category. However, for candidates who belong to the SC/ST/ PWD category, the application fee is Rs 750.
A. Yes, experts suggest that the difficulty level of NEET 2020 will be raised owing to the scrapping of both AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS. NEET is now the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in India, thus NTA will ensure the examination is at par with the examinations that were replaced by it.
For NEET MDS
NEET MDS will be conducted in 57 different cities located across India.
Yes, if there are seats left vacant even after the mop-up round of counselling. The exam conducting authority in consultation with the government of India will lower the NEET MDS cutoff.
NEET MDS exam is a computer-based Exam containing a total of 240 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The entrance test will be conducted for 6,228 seats offered in various dental colleges in the country.
To pursue the Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) courses in India, one must qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for MDS (NEET MDS) exam. From all the government dental colleges, 50% seats will be reserved for AIQ candidates, while the remaining 85% seats will be available for state quota seats.
Yes, There is 1 mark deduction for every wrong attempt question answered in NEET MDS 2020.
According to officials, General/OBC candidates were able to attempt only 3 times for NEET examination up to the age of 25 years while SC/ST could attempt same (3 times) up to the age of 30 years.
List of Top Colleges in India
Never let yourself down…
Keep working Hard
Do you have Any College-related Query? Ask Here for Quick Answer
Best of Luck…!!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply Now