The Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH Silchar) is one of the leading Medical College in Assam. SMCH Silchar is founded in the year 1968. The college is popularly known as SMC Silchar. The college has all the potential to emerge as one of the Best MBBS College in Assam. The SMC Silchar has provided 100 undergraduate courses and Diploma or Post Graduates Courses.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
Throughout this article, you will get to know about Silchar Medical College Admission, Courses offered MBBS Fees Structure, Ranking, NEET Cut-off, Contact details, and complete college review.
- 1 SMCH Silchar
- 2 Silchar Medical College Courses
- 3 Admission Process
- 4 SMC Silchar Fees Structure
- 5 NEET Cutoff
- 6 NEET Cut off 2018
- 7 NEET Cut off 2017
- 8 Assam NEET Counselling 2019 (MBBS/BDS)
- 9 Ranking and Reputation
- 10 Contact Details
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar.
|Name of Institute||Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar|
|Popular Name||SMCH Silchar|
|Location||Ghungoor, Masimpur, Uttar Krishnapur Pt III, Assam 788014|
|Year of Establishment||1968|
|Affiliated with||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences|
|Courses offered||MBBS, M.S, M.D, PG Diploma|
|Category||Medical College in Assam|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI)
- Aid Status: Government
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
Silchar Medical College Courses
|MBBS||100||5.6 Years (Including a one-year Internship)|
Post Graduation Course
|Name of the course||Intake||Duration|
|MD Anatomy||4||3 Years|
|MS O & G||4|
|Name of the course||Intake||Duration|
|Diploma O&G||2||2 Years|
|Diploma in Psychology||2|
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
SMC Silchar Fees Structure
|Courses||Fees (Annual)||Grand Total|
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||22,000/-||110,000/-|
|Course||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||Grand Total|
NEET 2019 Cut Off (Expected)
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile|
NEET Cut off 2018
NEET Cut off 2018: Category-wise Qualified Candidates
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cut off 2017
NEET Cut off 2017 Qualifying Candidates Under Different Marks Range
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Assam NEET Counselling 2019 (MBBS/BDS)
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education Assam to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Assam State Counselling. Before we speak the counseling procedure for Assam NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Assam NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
The entire process of counseling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Assam must have to register themselves for the NEET counseling 2019. Counseling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counseling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counseling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.Reporting to
- college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counseling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Silchar Medical College and Hospital Silchar|
We Would like to give this Medical college 4.3 out of 5 Stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Assam.
Silchar Medical College and Hospital Silchar, Assam
Address: Ghungoor, Masimpur, Uttar Krishnapur Pt III, Assam 788014
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 03842- 233832
Official Website: Click Here
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!