Tamil Nadu Government Dental College & Hospital Chennai is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Tamilnadu. The college is popularly known as Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College Chennai, founded in 1952-53.
- NEET Rank Predictor 2021: NEET UG Rank Calculator Predict My NEET 2021 Rank
- September 19, 2021 Now you can get latest NEET Updates on Telegram Subscribe
- September 14, 2021 Phase 2 Registration Before Results, Application form will be available soon
- September 12, 2021 NEET 2021 Answers Key Released by various Institute Check Here
The College is affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Tamil Nadu Government Dental College & Hospital Chennai
Before we go to complete the college review, let us look at the major details of Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College.
|Name of Institute||Tamil Nadu Government Dental College & Hospital Chennai|
|Popular Name||Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College Chennai, Tamil Nadu Dental College Chennai|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Year of Establishment||1952-53|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr MGR MM.G.R.cal University Chennai|
|Courses offered||BDS MDS|
|NEET Study Materials||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Crash Course|
|Category||Dental College In Tamil Nadu|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:–The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by:– DCI
- Aid Status:– Govt.
- Sporting Excellence
- Looking beyond academics
- Ragging & Tobacco-Free Campus
Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs,, which are for five years, as well as postgraduate programs,, which are for three years.
|Course||Speciality||Intake Capacity||Permitted Seats||Admitted Seats|
|MDS||Public HeaM.D.S. Dentistry||3||3||3|
Faculty & Staff
Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Below is the Admission procedure for the crucial courses which come under Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG dental Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET MDS dental Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission in Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College Chennaior will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of their access to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
Here, below we provide the Eligibility criteria of the mentioned program for Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College. It would be great to meet this criterion to get into this college.
|UG Courses||Candidates must have passU.G. H.S.C (+2) examination/equivalent exH.S.C.tion and obtained a minimum of 50% of marks (in case of SC/ST & OBC 40%),, taking together Physics, CO.B.C.istry, and Biology (or Botany & Zoology) and a pass in English.|
|PG Courses||Admission Seekers must hP.G.e a BDS degree from a dental college reB.D.S.nized by DCI and completed an internship. Merit in the NEET MDS dental Scorecard exam.|
Here, we have mentioned the fee structure andspective courses for the only Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College, with going through this information before filling the application form.
NOTE:- The Mentioned fees subject to be changed
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET UG 2021 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
Candidates can check the NEET 2021 expected cut off examination given below as per the previous year trends:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||701-134|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|Scheduled CastP.H.(SC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||S.C.th Percentile||133-107|
|Other Backward ClasseS.T.(OBC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NOTE-To know more about NEET UG Cut-off,, Click here
NEET MDS Cut Off
National Board of Examination declares the cutoff of NEET MDS 2021. The NEET MDS 2021 cut off is the minimum marks needed to score to qualify for the exam by the candidates. CThe cutoff score will depend on various factors like the difficulty level of the exam, the number of applicants and availability of seats,, among others. The merit list will have the names of only those candidates who will qualify according to NEET MDS Cutoff 2021.
|CATEGORY||Cut Off Score|
|General Physically disabled||517.2698|
|Other Backward Class||759.8726|
|Other Backward Class Physically handicapped||501.5115|
NEET MDS 2019 Cutoff
The Dental Council of India should lower the Cutoff for the 2019 session due to the number of seats remain unfilled. In an attempt to fill up the vacancy,, the cutoffs had to be diminished significantly as the count of candidates to that of the vacant seats were three times lower.
|CATEGORY||QUALIFYING PERCENTILE (MIN.)||NEET 2019 CUTOFF||REVISED PERCENTILE (MIN.)||REVISED NEET 2019 CUTOFF|
|General – PH||45th||232||20.835th||156|
NOTE- To know more about NEET MDS Cut-off,, Click here
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Research and Medical Education, Tamil Nadu,, to get themselves registered for NEET MDS 2021 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET MDS 2021, Let us first look at the Tamil Nadu NEET MDS Counselling schedule.
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Tamil Nadu,, to get themselves registered for NEET Maharashtra State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET, Let us first look at the Maharashtra NEET Counselling schedule.
Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET, Let us first look at the Type of NEET Counselling for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling BA.I.Q.|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in GovernmeA.I.Q.medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf ofD.U.CC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities,, including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on B.D.S.alf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf I.P. MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Maharashtra must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling. Counselling of NEET for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official Website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the priorities in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned middle or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here,, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats asA.I.Q.r the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
NOTE- To know more about Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling,, Click Here
Tamil Nadu NEET MDS Counselling 2021
For aspirants applying to Tamil Nadu Govt Dental College,, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
|एक गलत Entry; पूरा Career बर्बाद 😲 NEET 2021 Counselling के गलतियों से बचें | अधिक जानकारी के लिए|
NEET MDS Counselling Flow Chart
Candidates who are applying to MDS courses offer various medical colleges the folM.D.S.ing flow chart.
NOTE– To know more about Tamil Nadu NEET MDS Counselling,, Click Here
For UG Candidate
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- Allotment Letter
- 10th Mark Sheet (both sides of Mark Sheet should be
- 12th Mark Sheet (both sides of Mark Sheet should be
- Certificate for proof of study from VI Std. to XII std
- Copy of Photo Id
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- PH Certificate
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
- Printout of Registration Form
For MDS Candidates
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission,, and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of the following documents during counselling.
- NEET MDS scorecard
- NEET MDS Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BDS Degree Certificate (5)Permanent or provisional certificate provided by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Physically handicap medical certificate, if required.
- (10)SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Tamil Nadu Government Dental College and Hospital Chennai|
Tamil Nadu Government Dental College and Hospital Chennai
Address: No. 2, Frazer Bridge Road, Park Town, Chennai 600003 Tamil Nadu
Mobile No: 9840068168
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: www.tamilnadudentalcollege.com