In recent time, Assam has witnessed an exceptional rise in Dental Colleges. Apart from a list of Government Dental Colleges in Assam, there are several other private Dental Colleges in Assam offering High-class Dental studies to the people of the northeast. After long research, Our College Ranking and Review team brings a comprehensive list of Top Dental Colleges in Assam 2018-19. The fact is based on annual Rating for Best Dental Courses in Assam on their Teaching Methodology/ Contribution in the field of Dental Science.
Every year lakhs of aspirant apply for NEET Dental Entrance Examination to get selected in some of the Best BDS Colleges in Assam. If you too want to pursue MDS/BDS then this article is for you only. Throughout this article, we will let you know with Top Dental Colleges in Assam. Have a look.
Top Dental Colleges in Assam 2020-21
Here is the updated list of all Dental Colleges in Assam officially made by Dental Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link.
Before we speak about top BDS Colleges in Assam, Let us first have some of the major highlights of the course as follows.
|Major Entrance Test||AIPMT, AICET, NEET, MU OET, DUMET, COMEDK, MAIDS Entrance Exam, etc.|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Top Recruiting Areas/Fields||Government & Private Hospitals, Private Practice, Dental Product Manufacturers, Dental Clinics, Pharmaceutical Companies, Colleges & Universities, Dental Equipment Manufacturer, Military Services, Medical Writing (Dental), etc.|
|Job Positions||Prosthodontist, Dentist, Consultant, Lecturer, Dental Assistant, Dental Surgeon, Dental lab Technician, Private Practitioner, Dental Hygienist, Medical Representative, Oral Pathologist, Public Health Specialist, and such.|
|Average Initial Salary||INR 2 Lac to 7 Lacs|
Regional Dental College Guwahati is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Assam. The college is popularly known as Guwahati Dental College and was founded in the year 1982. The college is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences and is approved by Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. Read More>>
|Address:||Indrapur, Guwahati, Assam-781032|
|Email ID:||[email protected]|
|Admission Process:||Admission is based on NEET examination.|
|For more information||Click Here|
Scoring High in Entrance Exam like NEET will help you to choose some of the Best Dental Colleges in Assam. Top Rankers may also available various Scholarship offered by these colleges.
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education, Government of Assam to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Assam State Counselling. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
The top entrance exams conducted for BDS/MDS degree are:
- NEET UG: Entrance examination for admission in undergraduate Dental courses (BDS).
- NEET PG: For postgraduate Dental course (MDS)
- State-run Dental Entrance: In some particular state, one may have to undergo state/private/ organisation run Dental Entrance Test.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Dental Colleges in Assam must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidate wants to take admission in BDS colleges in Assam must have to clear there respective state NEET Cutoff. Only NEET qualify student will be eligible to participate in state NEET Counselling.
NEET 2019 Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET 2018 Cutoff
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Marks||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||119||6,34,897|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||96||54,653|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of Luck..!!